Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I think a lot of people opt for revolvers because of their simplicity. Double action revolver shooting is much more difficult to master.

A better revolver (e.g., a three inch, round butt, Model 13 S&W) likely would have been a far better choice than a Chief Special, if one prefers a revolver.

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by 700LH
What a buncha dumbasses if he had not had a gun they would have taken his car maybe his wallet and left him standing holding his popcorn to eat at his pleasure another day.'
If your gonna carry you gotta be smart enough to know when to use it and when its better not to

You need to give up your avatar, you are bringing it dishonor.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
As for mastering a double action revolver I don't see that as a big problem. Shoot a couple of hundred rounds through it every year just like you should any carry pistol.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by Fireball2
What a buncha dumbasses if he had not had a gun they would have taken his car maybe his wallet and left him standing holding his popcorn to eat at his pleasure another day.'
If your gonna carry you gotta be smart enough to know when to use it and when its better not to

When three guys jump out of a car two of them with guns coming at you it's time to use your gun.

If you want to die it's a great idea, BTW odds are he didn't know only 2 were armed.
Like I said before I guess the car was worth dying for

I guess I missed the part of the video you keep referring to where some sort of civilized negotiation happened, where the armed criminals gave their demands, and the the armed victim refused those demands. Fuuck you, retard. And yes, I am smarter than you.

You'd be the dead smart guy, I would have been the moron going home to my wife.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

When three guys jump out of a car two of them with guns coming at you it's time to use your gun.

If you want to die it's a great idea, BTW odds are he didn't know only 2 were armed.

I guess I missed the part of the video you keep referring to where some sort of civilized negotiation happened, where the armed criminals gave their demands, and the the armed victim refused those demands. Fuuck you, retard. And yes, I am smarter than you.

Pure fantasy on your part, how could you know the motives in the minds of the renegade Negros?

Dog I rescued in January

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rickt300
As for mastering a double action revolver I don't see that as a big problem. Shoot a couple of hundred rounds through it every year just like you should any carry pistol.

That's very easy to type out on the internet.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Sycamore
So....

If the victim would have had a Glock, the perp running away, firing blindly over his shoulder could not have hit the victim in the abdomen?

Yeah it's an idiotic claim.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Ever shoot a double action at something quickly, that was moving , in a unexpected situation?
I have
Paul was right

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

Agreed. Not hard to master, if you're willing to put in the effort.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Pure fantasy on your part, how could you know the motives in the minds of the renegade Negros?

Lets make it easy for ya,
You need to know when to hold em and when to fold

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
He saw the other armed perp coming around the back side of the suv in his peripheral and had the one in front taking his fire and running away. That is probably why he gave up his position behind the suv.

Still would have done better to stay put and pop the other guy as he rounded the back passenger side corner..

It would have maintained a more effective range for that little gun.

Wonder if his keys were in the popcorn hand...

Last edited by OldmanoftheSea; 02/21/21.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Ever shoot a double action at something quickly, that was moving , in a unexpected situation?
I have
Paul was right

WTH just happened here? There's a first time for everything. I am about to go for a bicycle ride. Keep these guys in check while I am gone.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I would guess the victim's actions were more instinctive than deliberate.

By the time he drew his weapon, he likely already had tunnel vision on the closest perps gun. Probably didn't know how many armed adversaries he was even facing.

It's easy to call the plays from here, another matter when you are in this victim's shoes.

They kind of had the drop on him, but he chose to draw his weapon, and almost succeeded, but the luck factor wasn't with him that day.

As Jeff Cooper said, live in condition yellow.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's fun to read the exchanges here, but I somewhat believe
that you have a date. You can change it. Maybe.
But call it God ordered,
fate, Destiny, I don't know.

But, he could have been carrying a G18 with 33 rounders,
dropped the popcorn, used 2 hands around the car, and still
ended up on a slab.

Luck?
Hell, no one got lucky.
The firefighter obviously.

The carjacker?

Hell no!
We just wanted to get out of Dodge.
That "lucky" bullet made him a murderer, his buddies,
felony murderers!

In hindsite, knowing they only wanted his car, 700 is right.
If he had tossed them his keys, lifted his hands and stepped back, or ran,
he would have only lost an insured car. And not been molested.

If you had a do over, knowing what we know, how would it play?

Having said all this,
He saw men charging him, drawing guns.
Express kidnappings are a thing.
Random and targeted murder are things.

Fighting was not a bad choice!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I have
Paul was right

WTH just happened here? There's a first time for everything. I am about to go for a bicycle ride. Keep these guys in check while I am gone.

Watch out for the diesel pickups,,, lol

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I carried a scadnium J frame quite a bit the last few years in 357 and a 7 shot 22 mag. Last year's events encouraged me to buy a sig 365 with 3 12 round mags for a small carry gun.

Bb

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

That's very easy to type out on the internet.

All you have to do is run a couple hundred rounds through any double action handgun at one shooting session. By the end you will be easily hitting into 4 inches at the 7 yard range. The trick is to learn to time the sights on target as the gun goes off (practice doing it dry firing). Many semi auto's are double action on the first shot are you saying just throw that one away and start trying to make a hit when it is going single action? Was the victims pistol double action only? I may just have played a lot with pistols and can't see difficulties others are concerned with. The victim probably didn't bother himself with getting his sights on target in the first place or even doing the bare minimum of practice.

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I would guess the victim's actions were more instinctive than deliberate.

By the time he drew his weapon, he likely already had tunnel vision on the closest perps gun. Probably didn't know how many armed adversaries he was even facing.

It's easy to call the plays from here, another matter when you are in this victim's shoes.

They kind of had the drop on him, but he chose to draw his weapon, and almost succeeded, but the luck factor wasn't with him that day.

As Jeff Cooper said, live in condition yellow.

Must have been that bag of popcorn.

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
My 2 questions and cents worth.
1. how do you know if he's given up his keys he still doesn't get shot.
2. Why do people obsess with carrying a very small handgun if you have a concealed permit. I personally carry what makes me feel confident that I can hit what I'm shooting at, and enough cartridges to finish what I'm doing...

When people face the possibility of freezing or starving there is little chance they are going to listen to unfounded claims of climate doomsday from a bunch of ultra-rich yacht sailing private jet-setting carbon-spewing hypocrite elites
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rgrx1276
My 2 questions and cents worth.
1. how do you know if he's given up his keys he still doesn't get shot.
2. Why do people obsess with carrying a very small handgun if you have a concealed permit. I personally carry what makes me feel confident with that I can hit what I'm shooting at, and with enough cartridges to finish what I'm doing...

Yep and yep.

For me, it's the Glock 19 when I'm wearing pants and the Glock 26 when I'm wearing shorts.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

504 members (219 Wasp, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 1234, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 51 invisible), 2,394 guests, and 1,113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,455
Posts18,529,080
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.