Page 31 of 113 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 112 113
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by cisco1

My Octopus Teacher......netflix...........fascinating

Yes! Very good documentary!

Its not always easy to do the right thing, But it is always the right thing to do.
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Star Man, on Prime, is a first rate movie.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So many movie and documentary suggestions that sound interesting, but it seems like I just don't have the time.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
In case it hasn't been mentioned, Master and Commander is a truly first rate movie, staring Russell Crowe as the captain of a British Navy war vessel during the Napoleonic Wars. Great naval battle scenes. Free on Prime.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Netflix series MoneyHeist is good, it is in Spanish but is subtitled. The plot is non-believable but the series as a whole is entertaining and the best part of it is that it is nearly impossible to guess what is going to happen next.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Neat....

On HULU

A good show about Bourbon

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
My sis says the series....Ozark is good

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by hookeye
My sis says the series....Ozark is good

It’s great !

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Roman J. Israel, Esq.

Only really one identifiable SJW moment. If you like Denzel Washington, you'll like the movie.

I appreciate the heads up on this. I watched it and liked it, felt like it fizzled in the end. Could have been great but they went the wrong way with it IMO. As a lawyer that works for himself, and formerly a "lincoln lawyer" for 2.5 years....I like movies and shows that grapple with the plight of the solo lawyer.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by readonly
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Roman J. Israel, Esq.

Only really one identifiable SJW moment. If you like Denzel Washington, you'll like the movie.

I appreciate the heads up on this. I watched it and liked it, felt like it fizzled in the end. Could have been great but they went the wrong way with it IMO. As a lawyer that works for himself, and formerly a "lincoln lawyer" for 2.5 years....I like movies and shows that grapple with the plight of the solo lawyer.

I agree. Did so much character development on Roman Israel. Then felt like they rushed it at the end because they were running out of time on the 2-hour movie clock.

Thought Colin Farrell did a good job in his role as the slick corporate attorney, yet entrepreneur.

Overall, goid movie.

Watching a series called Snowfall now. Pretty good. Story told from 3 sides.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I'll check that out, thanks.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
If you ever think you may have been a bad, mediocre, or just had a regret in parenting watch Abducted in Plain Sight. It will totally relieve you of your personal stress. At the same time piss you off to no end. Just proves people are stupid!

Is that the one where the dad gives sancho a handjob?

And explains it as a moment of weakness?

LOL

Yes!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
In case it hasn't been mentioned, Master and Commander is a truly first rate movie, staring Russell Crowe as the captain of a British Navy war vessel during the Napoleonic Wars. Great naval battle scenes. Free on Prime.

This so true and now, "Far Side of the World". The twenty novels of Patrick O'Brian are at the height of fiction writing. Men's books, written for men. Every major incident in O'Brians novels are based on Royal Navy records. Truth is indeed stranger than fiction.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The Resistance Banker is pretty good as is Age of the Samurai.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by flintlocke

This so true and now, "Far Side of the World". The twenty novels of Patrick O'Brian are at the height of fiction writing. Men's books, written for men. Every major incident in O'Brians novels are based on Royal Navy records. Truth is indeed stranger than fiction.

Noted. Step dad might be interested in such. I will grab one for him,.

Ordered Far Side....

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 02/28/21.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by flintlocke

I've read all of the Aubrey-Maturin (named after the main characters) books and was sad that there were no more when I finished the last one. They are written in early 19th century seaman's slang and take a bit of getting used to. I remember a paragraph where I knew the current meaning of every single word, but still had no idea what it was about. I found a very helpful book, A Sea of Words, that acts as a translator / dictionary. After reading a couple of the books with its help I found I had gotten used to the language and didn't need it very often, but it was invaluable when I did need it.

The books themselves are fantastic and well worth the effort. O'Brian could write a thrilling sea battle and make it come alive in your head. Highly recommended.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Just watched "Behind Her Eyes" on netflix. Pretty good series to watch with the wife. A little bit of a mind bender that was well written I thought.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Not "Prime or Netflix" as we can't stream chit due to piss poor innanet.
Basically binge watched 'Pacific' this rainy weekend on History.
Stopped for quick look and couldn't leave it.
Started recording all of the episodes, came back a couple hours later and watched and watched and....
Finished last night

Really enjoyed it

FJB & FJT
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I'm sure I read this on a reputable source. To get realistic sound of cannon shot hitting a ship for Master and Commander the special effects people placed microphones near stacked railroad ties and had civil war reenactors fire cannon balls or shells into the ties.

Increasing my post count so people will buy stuff from me
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We watched "Still Mine" last night on Prime and enjoyed it. Very well acted and it won some Canadian film awards. I like guns, shooting, fights and horses too, but Sweetness needs date night type movies and the Brad Pitt type movie "Inglourious Bastards" enlisted guy using the baseball bat on the POW's isn't quite what she has in mind.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Page 31 of 113 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 112 113

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

381 members (260Remguy, 12344mag, 219DW, 1lesfox, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 51 invisible), 2,621 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,617
Posts18,473,974
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.