Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If you want a good people dog that is good in the house and doesn't shed, forget the half-breed stuff and find a good Airedale breeder

GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
A poodle crossed with a lab is a labradoodle and is probably a great dog. Then you have what are known as "multi-generational" labradoodles which are doodles which have been bred back over several generations. The poodle genes appear to be dominant to the extent that, after a few generations, they are simply poodles without papers. Just like many breeders of purebred dogs, the breeders often breed for traits they consider desirable and ignore traits which go along with them. The Australian Doodles are a multi-generational mix and, as such are primarily a poodle with some lab genes mixed in but greatly diluted. There are things some of the breeders do with which I disagree. Pups may be neutered with a laser at only 8 weeks. Being neutered ar such a young age results in a dog which is, essentially, sexless. What the long term effects of this might be, I can't say but I have trouble warming up to the concept.
Before we got our current pup, an Airdale, I almost got an Airdoodle; a first generation cross but got the airdale just due to geography. In the end a mutt is just fine. Every dog we've ever had has been a friend to us for as long as we've had them. Spaniels, beagle, shepherd, collie poodle, great dane, doberman, weimeraner, and a host of mutts. All were gone too soon. Some, much too soon.
In my opinion, when you buy an Australian Doodle, you are buying a poodle without papers; for a high price. GD

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
I’ll take my German Wirehair. She hardly sheds and can actually perform useful tasks besides turning dog food bags into fertilizer.

Girl I went to HS with “breeds” them. No telling what she charges but it’s probably more than a good bird dog. Perfectly good waste of a lab or golden.

O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Interesting indeed.

Mine is gen 1. Daddy's a standard poodle mom is golden.

Had a vet advise me to get him neutered asap so he would keep the puppy look. She actually wanted to stunt his growth!

I let him get fully mature first.

Awesome dog.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Interesting indeed.

Mine is gen 1. Daddy's a standard poodle mom is golden.

Had a vet advise me to get him neutered asap so he would keep the puppy look. She actually wanted to stunt his growth!

I let him get fully mature first.

Awesome dog.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
IC B2

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Snickerdoodles are great companions to black coffee

Dave

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Daughter's last litter of Aussie Shepard / Golden Doodle pups were basically mostly a creamy white with either black or brown or light tan spots of various sizes and patterns and different coat textures. Most had the frizzy curly Poodle type coats but a couple had coats more like Golden Retrievers and Aussies. A couple had physical builds more like Aussies and Goldens, too. The mother dog is half white / half black spots and the dad is pretty much all creamy white and both have Poodle type coats.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Fugg the trendy designer Dog bullchit. Go rescue a dog that needs a forever home, they never forget.My good boy I have we got him at 6mos old...he will be turning 17 in 5 days. Half Lhaso and Havanese, about 24 pounds.

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Originally Posted by UPhiker
I've never understood what the "poodle" added to a good Lab or Golden.

That's because you're a dumbass.

Thanks for adding something insightful to the discussion, like you always do...

Last edited by UPhiker; 02/23/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just an indication the folks can't control their dogs.

1Minute
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
We got our they called it a miniature golden doodle Jan 18th, it cost 4000.00 Canadian, i never used to pay that for a car, another breeder near us is now asking 5000.00 bucks, i think now i am retired i should breed dogs.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Partsman
We got our they called it a miniature golden doodle Jan 18th, it cost 4000.00 Canadian, i never used to pay that for a car, another breeder near us is now asking 5000.00 bucks, i think now i am retired i should breed dogs.

Guy I went to school with years ago did the typical appalachian crash-and-burn after high school - some drug convictions, some bastard kids and child support orders, some exes with domestic violence charges against him, etc. At some point during the soap opera he got interested in akc registered beagles. Last I heard the fugger was making a fortune selling beagle pups, never worked a real job a day in his life.

Some people can fall in a pile of cow schitt and find a ten dollar bill in it.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Sister has bad allergy triggered asthma, didn't want a poodle which is hypoallergenic because...well, they're poodles. got an F1 labradoodle, great dog that inherited the hypoallergenic trait of the poodle.
Lostt her first one last year at 14yrs old and got another one, again a first gen cross. My understanding is that the 1st or 2nd gen crosses seem to be the secret to inheriting the hypoallergenic trait.

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
The faithfulness of a lab and the non-shedding of a poodle.

Having said that, they’re just the latest “must have” pet.

I saw an “Australian” doodle the other day, too and thought WTF? Just another way to add some cache to the mutt.

Bottom line - people are idiots.

Our daughter reached out to us last nite and asked what we paid for our male Airedale. She had just left a national pet store located in Frisco, Tx. Australian Doodle...$7K. I’m not kidding. I nearly passed out.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Our Aussie doodle Savanah.....hands down the sweetest dog we've ever had.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

I'd say I added a little more than your sorry azz. Typical, loser.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

1400 posts insulting people in one year. You're in a class by yourself...that no one else wants to join.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
[
1400 posts insulting people in one year. You're in a class by yourself...that no one else wants to join.

While hanging out at a local winery last year the owners were babysitting their miniature labradoodle. This dog was amazing, very smart and socialable; just a little sweetheart. I would have took her home in a minute.

I'm not home enough to have a dog but when I decide to get one a miniature labradoodle is what I'll be looking at. I will say that if it has a 2k price tag I'll take a pass.

Looks like one dumbazz in particular should learn to read????

#Dumbazz
#Fuggwad

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

I also want to state for the record that I'll continue to dog people like you here. Everything you get is coming to you for your arrogant attitude. You think you are something but you're not. You're just another piece of crap.

How many friends do you have here fuggface?

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

I also want to state for the record that I'll continue to dog people like you here. Everything you get is coming to you for your arrogant attitude. You think you are something but you're not. You're just another piece of crap.

How many friends do you have here fuggface?

I don't have internet friends. My friends are in the real world. 260 posts this year and 258 of them were in the Campfire. You just come here because you don't have a life in the real world. Your username proves it. As far as my "arrogance", that's a laugh.

Last edited by UPhiker; 02/23/21.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 1234, 16penny, 51 invisible), 2,388 guests, and 1,360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,641
Posts18,474,495
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.