B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Kenneth66

But a question that seems unasked , when we whipped out the biggest wang in the world (nukes) , had every bodies attention , why did we not go for the throat and take out Russia and Chine then ?
Was the communist ball already rolling in our midsts ?
Of was they not considered that much of a threat back then ?
Kenneth
China wasn't Communist back then. The Reds didn't take over until 1949.
I believe that Germany was the more immediate threat in 1939. Due to famines (both natural and manmade) and purges, the Soviet Union was a basketcase. Germany was actually taking over other countries at that time. Germany declared war on us first, so we had no choice. We should have done what we did in real timeline except we shouldn't have stopped at the Elbe. We should have driven the Soviets back to their prewar borders. That way, they wouldn't have been able to loot Eastern Europe of the machinery and men that allowed them to reindustrialize and build their bomb so soon.

When England chose to declare war on Germany, America should have said, "good luck", and stayed out of it.

Your knowledge of history is lacking. Germany declared war on the US first. Great Britain (not England) and France had a treaty with Poland.

England declared war on Germany in 1939. Germany declared war on the U.S.A. in 1941 as a result of America sending arms to both England and Russia.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kenneth66

But a question that seems unasked , when we whipped out the biggest wang in the world (nukes) , had every bodies attention , why did we not go for the throat and take out Russia and Chine then ?
Was the communist ball already rolling in our midsts ?
Of was they not considered that much of a threat back then ?
Kenneth
China wasn't Communist back then. The Reds didn't take over until 1949.
I believe that Germany was the more immediate threat in 1939. Due to famines (both natural and manmade) and purges, the Soviet Union was a basketcase. Germany was actually taking over other countries at that time. Germany declared war on us first, so we had no choice. We should have done what we did in real timeline except we shouldn't have stopped at the Elbe. We should have driven the Soviets back to their prewar borders. That way, they wouldn't have been able to loot Eastern Europe of the machinery and men that allowed them to reindustrialize and build their bomb so soon.

When England chose to declare war on Germany, America should have said, "good luck", and stayed out of it.

Your knowledge of history is lacking. Germany declared war on the US first. Great Britain (not England) and France had a treaty with Poland.

England declared war on Germany in 1939. Germany declared war on the U.S.A. in 1941 as a result of America sending arms to both England and Russia.

Look folks, we a our own in house historian!

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
It's fairly basic stuff.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
It's fairly basic stuff.

...and you still can't get it right. Germany declared war on us because Hitler thought that Japan (his ally) had injured us so badly at Pearl Harbor that he could complete his conquests before we could rearm. If it was because we sold goods to Great Britain and Russia, he would've done it a lot sooner.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Ok , thanks for the informative responses .
Kenneth66

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
It's fairly basic stuff.

...and you still can't get it right. Germany declared war on us because Hitler thought that Japan (his ally) had injured us so badly at Pearl Harbor that he could complete his conquests before we could rearm. If it was because we sold goods to Great Britain and Russia, he would've done it a lot sooner.

I'm aware of the official narrative.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
It's fairly basic stuff.

So you like your made-up one better?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
It's fairly basic stuff.

So you like your made-up one better?

Interesting book.

https://www.amazon.com/Churchill-Hitler-Unnecessary-War-Britain/dp/0307405168

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Stupid MF's are allowed to survive only so long.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Is that America's epitaph?

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Is that America's epitaph?

Evolution.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
This done to hundreds of German cities had no impact on Germany's economic output.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

laugh

All you show is your own arrogance and ignorance. This picture is evidence of mass murder and nothing else. Your speak of “blitzkrieg”. Reminds me of the kind of garbage one reads on Wikipedia.

Blitzkrieg...that’s cute. Did Tom brokaw teach you that?

GOD Bless America
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you read my post above, Blitzkrieg had nothing to do with the photo.

It was a concept developed by a number of people and first used in Poland on Sept. 1, 1939. It exists. If you think otherwise you are an idiot.

Yeah it “is a method of warfare where the attacker spearheads an offensive using a rapid overwhelming force concentration that may consist of armoured and motorised or mechanised infantry formations with close air support, with the intent to break through the opponent's line of defence by short, fast, and powerful attacks and then dislocates the defenders, using speed and surprise to encircle them with the help of air superiority.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blitzkrieg It's on Wikipedia and countless other sources. I've read all of the German General memoirs. It exists.

Destroying hundreds of industrial cities of an enemy reduces their ability to make war, especially when they are diverting half of their formerly superior air force from their major theatre of attack and then start losing.

Last edited by MarineHawk; 02/22/21.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Quak
Did Tom brokaw teach you that? [That America is bad.]

Not me. But you like Nazis. They're cool to you. Congrats on your Nazi love.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All you show is your own arrogance and ignorance. This picture is evidence of mass murder and nothing else.

No destruction of bridges and infrastructure as well?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Did Tom brokaw teach you that?

I've read far more on WWII than you ever have.

This is just a sliver in my library. Some actually use that term in the title of the books.

Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Pretty accurate although I firmly believe had Hitler not delayed invasion (by six weeks) because he was helping the Guineas in Greece AND had he not weakened Army Group Center, they could have easily taken Moscow and at the very least solidified an almost impregnable front in western Russia. The war would have dragged on for years were in not for Stalingrad.

At the time AGC panzers were ordered south by
Hitler (July directive #33), they are still some
220 miles out from Moscow with an unprotected
right flank already hundreds of miles long..to
continue to Moscow would have meant a longer
exposed right flank some 400+ miles long.

The other big problem was logistics/supply which
was already considerably lacking past the point
of Smolensk...even when Hitler resumed the push to
Moscow some weeks later(Sept.directive #35 'Typhoon')
with a strengthened AGC , the serious supply issue had not
been resolved with German troops freezing their asses off
without warm clothing among many other things they lacked
for a winter offensive...some supplies still being held
up as far west as Poland due to rail log jams.

Hitler's brief redirection of AGC 2nd panzer south was not
a waste , since Guderian was part of the pincer that bagged
some 700,000 Soviets -
Kiev 41' is Largest encirclement in history with military
observers from UK and USA believing the Soviets were
going to collapse and give Hitler victory in the war.

Additionally AGS with the Soviet resistance challenges it
faced was considerably lagging behind compared to the
ground AGC had made in its initial advance on Moscow
up to July/Aug.
For AGC to have continued on its initial push to Moscow it would
have had to do it with an already depleated force (victories around
Smolensk came at a price) in need of refit and re-supply with dwindling
supplies/logistics already looming over them and would need to keep
sacrificing it's own assets from its eastward thrust to protect its
increasingly long right flank - which brings into question how much
strength AGC would have had to enter, clear and hold Moscow.

Two other major issues were that German intel on Soviet
reserves was flawed as were seasonal meteorological
predictions for the Eastern offensive.

If one thinks it was tough for the battle units to advance
in the circumstances , think about the supply units that had
to run back & forth from the rail heads to the advancing army.

AGC logistical bounds June -Dec. 1941

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by jorgeI

The war would have dragged on for years were in not
for Stalingrad.

The 6th Army was battered and not well supplied prior
to Stalingrad and neither were other German armies in
the east well supplied..The Eastern campaign was from
outset designed to be a rapid and short one due to pre-
invasion calculations clearly showing they didn't have
resources for a prolonged conflict ...so would be interesting
to know how they would have managed to drag the war out
for years.

Germany calculated they had sufficient supplies/logistics
to go about 800 km into Russia , but really stretched the
limits by going 1600 km into the Caucasus.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Did Tom brokaw teach you that?

I've read far more on WWII than you ever have.

This is just a sliver in my library. Some actually use that term in the title of the books.

You have no idea what I've read...your a legend in your own mind. Its a shame you didn't learn anything from those books you so proudly show. Its sounds like you got your info from a 3rd grade social studies book.

You refer to blitzkrieg...proof your speaking out of your ass. Thats a western media made term that sounded sexy for the newspapers of the day. Hence the germans referred to it in quotations or by frankly saying "the so called" in their post war interviews. Show it to me in german prior to 1940 smart guy.

What your referring to is the "war of movement" or Bewegungskrieg...standard prussian doctrine. But id guess you knew that...or so you will claim

Last edited by Quak; 02/23/21.

GOD Bless America
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Since you like to read i have a title you should check out

Attached Images
retard.jpg (9.11 KB, 170 downloads)

GOD Bless America
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by JoeBob

In some ways this is true, but not all hindsight is 20-20. A lot depends on who is exercising the hindsight. Those who are wringing their hands over the "mistakes" of the past such as our treatment of the Native Americans, slavery, etc. and are using these events to justify the wholesale re-making of the country, are making an even worse mistake.

Exhibit “A” in the case that everything will be taken out of context if someone has an ax to grind.

The statement was made in the sense of examining historical decisions based on knowing how things turned out. Specifically, in this instance it was the failure of the Germans to utilize all the manpower available from those in the east who hated the Soviets from the start. Looks obvious today. In 1941 I submit that it probably looked less obvious to the Germans and maybe like more trouble than it was worth after advancing to the gates of Moscow within a few months.

That’s all. It was no grand statement on revisionism.

Myth? I'm no historian, but I'd put more stock in the contemporaneous accounts of WWII than any of the modern analysis of that event, simply because I think the world was a less dishonest place back then. But yes, the world as we know it is a direct outgrowth of that war and its aftermath. But the re-writing history by the Leftists, and not just as pertains to WWII, is part of what is causing the present-day crumbling of the country that has done more than any other to bring the world into the modern age. I don't see that as a positive thing.

And this is Exhibit “B”.

JoeBob, my post was a thought prompted by yours and was not intended as a refutation of anything you said or to accuse you of revisionism or of being one of those Leftists. I am sorry if it came across that way. I thought that beginning my post with "In some ways this is true" made this clear, but apparently not. I simply think that the further removed we get from historical events, the more opportunities there are for interpretive shenanigans and we have to be careful who we listen to. There are a lot of guys on this forum whose take on such events are well worth listening to; that's why I was reading this thread to begin with.

I am curious, though, as to why you referred to the post WWII events as a creation myth?

Again, sorry for making it look like I thought you are some kind of left-winger.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 55 invisible), 2,932 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,486
Posts18,490,298
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.