Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

That's awesome. Do you attribute that to ergonomics?
I like a couple of the P series for that reason.

Sir,

I could not give you a definitive answer in that regard.

Although I own numerous pistols, I am not a Pistolero.

I carry sidearm as a last resort to stop. Thankfully in 31 years of carry I've not had to do more than show my weapon. Other than that I use it to put down critters.

I have owned numerous revolvers and semi autos.

Started with Colt Mustang in 380 circa 1990.

Next was the Taurus 92 in 9mm in 1991.

Followed up with the Glock 36, until I got charged by a hog and I put 7 in his head. He dropped at my feet. My chamber was empty.

I figured no more Mr. Nice Guy and got a Glock 20 SF.

I like Glocks 'cause they work.

Next I tried the Kimber Solo in 9mm. It was very particular about what it was fed. I will not carry a pistol that ever jams on me.

For several years I carried the Glock 43 and it was very reliable.

When the Sig P365 came out I liked the fact that, IIRC, it came with both a 10 and 12 round magazine. Soon after a 16 round mag was available, which was double the capacity +2, of the Glock 43.

Factory Glock triggers are nothing to write home about, and after shooting the Sig for a bit, I was sold.

I've a Sig 1911 Emperor Scorpion in 45 ACP which is my favorite, but being short, fat and 70 years old with old man's butt, It pulls my pants down. I sometimes forget I'm carrying the Sig with a 12 round mag, and with a 12 round mag, it does not "print".

Anywho, if you decide on the Sig P365, I do not think you will be disappointed.

Ya!

GWB

That Scorpion is a work of art IMHO.

The many videos did mention the trigger was good on the 365. Thats one thing I have yet to try since the couple shops that had it in stock had a policy that they couldn't remove the trigger lock until you buy it. I asked the clerks to let the manager to know my policy to not buy unless I can dry fire a semi, to check the trigger.
Thanks a lot for the description.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I guess I'd let 'em get their kicks in and then sue the living f*ck out of 'em.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've a Sig 1911 Emperor Scorpion in 45 ACP which is my favorite, but being short, fat and 70 years old with old man's butt, It pulls my pants down. GWB

Get ya some suspenders and carry the 1911 - or maybe try a shoulder holster.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

That Scorpion is a work of art IMHO.

The many videos did mention the trigger was good on the 365. Thats one thing I have yet to try since the couple shops that had it in stock had a policy that they couldn't remove the trigger lock until you buy it. I asked the clerks to let the manager to know my policy to not buy unless I can dry fire a semi, to check the trigger.
Thanks a lot for the description.

Do luv the Sig ES

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

works like a charm!

It's what i'll be shooting at the 24hrcampfire hog hunt bowling pin shoot this year

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 02/24/21.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

That's awesome. Do you attribute that to ergonomics?
I like a couple of the P series for that reason.

Sir,

Followed up with the Glock 36, until I got charged by a hog and I put 7 in his head. He dropped at my feet. My chamber was empty.

Factory Glock triggers are nothing to write home about, and after shooting the Sig for a bit, I was sold.

It looks like that Emperor Scorpion is working well too.
I used to know a veterinarian that wasn't so fortunate or as good a shot under stress. He ended up in the ER.
That 45 is the best medicine, like an half ounce of prevention.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I wanna see something like that happen.. to a guy who has a Glock with a large magazine capacity..

where he is being attacked, fears for his life and its being recorded on video...

once we don't have to wear masks anymore... I'm probably still going to be wearing one in Walmarts...

from the clientele I see in most Wally Worlds... a mask is a good idea...

same thing where there are flea infested transients...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
IMHO, self defense is justified.
What use of force allowed by law enforcement and the prosecutor of this man is anyones guess.
This is one of the main reasons I like good martial arts.
It offers options as well as various degrees of force.
I like blades and bullets, but they sometimes aren't going to be seen as appropriate unless you work with those who are officers of the court, even if the average reasonable person would.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I don’t wear a mask.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hanco
I don’t wear a mask.

I don't either. I was confronted by three employees and politely told them of my health exemption. Then I ordered.
Have you ever had any hassle with that?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Theres more to that story than whats being reported. Bet on that.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
“They are committed Dems, but decent people.“

....... IMPOSSIBLE!

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Originally Posted by cra1948
I am in Missouri for a few days...family emergency. Anyway, a little different here than Charleston. They are full-court, mask everywhere there. Here in Missouri, they have mask signs on the doors, but it’s very live and let live. Funny thing, stopped at Walmart and, as always when I’ve been here, a few people with masks, most without...but I’ve always been there in the afternoon. Stopped in this morning to get a couple of things for my son, I was the only one in the store, I think, without a mask. A whole different crowd in the morning. Of course, no one said anything...people tend to be very polite and respectful in these constitutional carry states.

Thats cause the inconsiderate maskless a_holes don't get up before noon.

No, it’s because the working people, with at least half a brain, aren’t free to go to the store mid-morning....it’s mostly the entitlement crowd in there that time of day.

Mathew 22: 37-39

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by TomT
“They are committed Dems, but decent people.“

....... IMPOSSIBLE!

BINGO

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
The lady that tries to get you to sign up for bass pro credit cards was being loud every time someone came in the store without a mask. She called me out to, but its not a bps policy. Everyone tries to avoid the cc folks, they were in the back by the outlet, now they moved them up front where you really cant avoid them....but I guess it kind of works out, she didn't bother the anti mask folks about a cc, guess she was scared.

Last edited by killerv; 02/25/21.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
How do you know he's not just a garden variety shoplifter?

The only thing we know is what we see and the written report. The rest is speculation I think. If he were shoplifting, that would put it in a totally different perspective.

So the headline could've been "Canadian shoplifter tackled by store employees." I wonder why they didn't lead with that?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
In one report he was described as "an anti-mask protester" but the report was short on supportive evidence. In the end, it comes down to attitude. If his attitude was non-confrontational, he may be the victim. If he was just trying to stir up s--t, he deserved some grief. Store security people may carry handcuffs. They also have a tendency to overreach at times. Mask-wearing is a pain in the rear but it's here. I don't like it but I can live with it; for now. GD

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

shoplifting in a tire store?

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I just tell them I identify as masked. If women can have a penis nowadays, I can surely be masked despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

When they really push it, I put one on my head and tell them that I'm a furry identifying as a dolphin and I'm covering my blowhole.

I have a mullet and a mustache. Most people don't want to talk to me anyways.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yeah, the dude probably had a tire under his coat. Good thing they got him. grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The news just showed a clearer picture.
The guy could have easily been led out of the store.
Ushers in churches should be trained to do that if needed. These employees likewise. They seem to be spending too much time watching UFC fights.
The young panzie skin head that choked him in a rear naked choke looked like he was lucky he didn't get hold of someone who would break that offending arm.
I'm looking forward to hearing more details.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (06hunter59, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1337Fungi, 60 invisible), 2,616 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,778
Posts18,477,043
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.