Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
will the Remington market normalize again? Thoughts?

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
What do you mean, exactly?

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Some 700s are going for insane prices right now.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Never in the history of US mankind have so many realized that they were lacking in firearms, ammo, and reloading equipment. What is a shame is that it takes idiot commie democrats coming into political power to make them understand that. So now all of a sudden there is competition for the beer and pizza money. One only has to look at the online auction prices of today to see that yes there are a lot of idiots in the general population. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Jason280
What do you mean, exactly?

+P

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Some 700s are going for insane prices right now.

Yes, but as of right now, they're not making any, so that's driven the price up. Also, despite what the Remington haters like to say, this speaks very highly about the popularity of the rifle.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Remington the firm, was gutted with the bankruptcy sale. Assets were dispersed. The "Remington" brand name may be applied to whatever the purchasers wish. The best description of "Remington market" is perhaps the millions of used guns. While I'd be surprised if the name wasn't reinvented in "gun" context, quite possibly in "gun stuff" first. The Remington hit will continue with recent owners (last decade particularly) with inferior products and those yet within normal warranty period as 'no recourse'. They are simply "unsecured creditors" whose warranty claims as many other claimants, were discharged in bankruptcy. The skilled employees capable of making such repairs, gone with the wind. Anyone making guns under the Remington name, will have the uphill battle of a half generation of disappointed/angry owner recollections to overcome along with the negative PR! The aside, Marlin with something of the same situation, yet different in that Marlin product shortcomings often blamed on parent Remington. Moreover, Ruger, something of gold standard company of reputation, backing... Marlin will live again! smile
In the meantime, in-between times... Some really great Remingtons of old, waiting in the wings!
Best & Stay Safe.
John

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Somebody will build the Remington firearms that have sold well, 'cause the rights to build them will be mutually beneficial to whoever leases the rights and whoever owns the rights.

Winchester has never been the same as it was in New Haven, so why would anyone think that the reconstituted Remington will be anything like the Remington that was in Ilion?

Ruger seems to have a better than average handle on the sporting firearms market and that leads me to believe that they will do an equally good job of managing the new Marlin.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
700’s will stay high until the new ones hit the shelf. Till then, anyone wanna buy a Remington?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I prefer tikka over Remington and had a couple rifles built on the T3 action, better triggers also. I have Remington rifles but they are nothing special and the xmark trigger is junk. The Bergara I picked up seems to be good quality also. A lot of other options beside Remington.

NRA Endowment Member
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by asheepdog
I prefer tikka over Remington and had a couple rifles built on the T3 action, better triggers also. I have Remington rifles but they are nothing special and the xmark trigger is junk. The Bergara I picked up seems to be good quality also. A lot of other options beside Remington.

The Remington 700 action design is proven beyond all doubt for accuracy builds. That you prefer others, has zero bearing on this topic. Cheerios.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

The Remington 700 action design is proven beyond all doubt for accuracy builds. That you prefer others, has zero bearing on this topic. Cheerios.

Beat me to it.....

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by remm120777

Not until they start building them again.

M700–the new millennium’s version of the pre-64 M70.....

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Pre-21 Remington... The World has gone to hell!

--- Kid Rock 2022

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Amen.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Beat me to it.....

Yeah, remington will be back. There, fixed it for the sensitive crowd.

NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Information I have been picking up here and there is that Remington was bought up by an outfit named Round Hill LLC from the bankruptcy and their plan is to have Remington rifles back on store shelves by the end of April... this may or may not be optimistic, but many of the original employees were retained in the purchase from what I have been hearing. Hopefully, this buyer won't rape and pillage the company as the last couple holding companies have and will bring them back around to what they once were.... cross your fingers...

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by remm120777

Not until they start building them again.

M700–the new millennium’s version of the pre-64 M70.....

Nope, Remingtons are junk just like Leupold scopes, McMillans and Talley are because the Campfire says so. And we all know the Campfire consensus is always right.

Whatever the Campfire consensus is means you sell off your crappy equipment because it won't help you kill an elk and you will ultimately fail.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Beat me to it.....

Yeah, remington will be back. There, fixed it for the sensitive crowd.

Where's Jack Belk for ya? World's most greatest authority on all rifles especially Remingtons! After him I would look up the experts on the old Hunt America forums. Way back Machine is your friend.

Let's all hope Remington fails big time and we don't ever have to read or see any successful hunters toting those POS Remington 700s or Model 7s. Fricken garbage firearms by Big Green, what a frigging joke!

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
You guys are lying to yourselves if you think an M700 is cutting edge. There is nothing innovative about their bolts or actions. So many better options these days. ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (14idaho, 406_SBC, 907brass, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 13 invisible), 1,461 guests, and 793 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,724
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.