Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 1minute
And one can bet he'll go to the cleaners when it has to go into the shop.

That's what worries me.

Romans 5:1
GB1

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Surround them with steel. Full frame doors seem to help. This was my oldest daughter's first ride.
I still can't believe she walked away from it. Youngest daughter is in a 2003 Expedition. Some peace
of mind, but never enough.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"Their minds are dead" - Carmine Ricca
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1minute
And one can bet he'll go to the cleaners when it has to go into the shop.

If you have a good local repair shop, mostly same as toyota

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
That's a blessing.
🚗
I've heard police say that his age group are like magnets to them. They don't hesitate to write them up. This is even more true for a sports car category. This makes it doubly good.
This sounds more than ideal.

James 1:17

My 20 year old middle Grandson is getting my Saleen Mustang on Tuesday.

Thinking cop magnet also.

But he held up his end on his College grades, deans list.
A deal’s a deal.

Your grandson sounds like a good, levelheaded, responsible, very deserving young man but don't be surprised if the cost of insurance on the Saleen Mustang increases substantially regardless whether you, his parents or he pays the premiums due to being a young male driver and primary driver of a Saleen Mustang .

When our kids first started driving the insurance standard for young females was 1.4 times the adult rate and young males was 1.9 the adult rate. The brand name and model type can make a big difference in insurance costs, too. We checked out insurance rates on a 4cyl auto Mustang and a same year 4 cyl auto Pontiac Sunbird for our girls -- basically equals performance wise -- but the Sunbird was a worthwhile amount less to insure.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by joken2

That's a blessing.
🚗
I've heard police say that his age group are like magnets to them. They don't hesitate to write them up. This is even more true for a sports car category. This makes it doubly good.

A deal’s a deal.

Your grandson sounds like a good, levelheaded, responsible, very deserving young man but don't be surprised if the cost of insurance on the Saleen Mustang increases substantially regardless whether you, his parents or he pays the premiums due to being a young male driver and primary driver of a Saleen Mustang .

When our kids first started driving the insurance standard for young females was 1.4 times the adult rate and young males was 1.9 the adult rate and the brand name and model type can make a big difference in insurance costs, too. We checked out insurance rates on a 4cyl auto Mustang and a same year 4 cyl auto Pontiac Sunbird for our girls -- basically equals performance wise -- but the Sunbird was a worthwhile amount less to insure.

Actually there’s no insurance cost differential assigned to the vehicle. It’s a pristine 2006 Model and when the Ford vin# is given It comes back as an older Mustang Coupe with a small block V8.

The Saleen part of the equation is what Steve Saleen adds to the his cars and that’s documented by his assigned Saleen production # found in 3 different places on the vehicle.

3 years ago A good friend bought a new Ford Cobra Mustang from a Ford dealer and had it upgraded 100 hp by Ford to maintain his warranty. Well,,,that wasn’t enough so he had it picked up and sent out to Carroll Shelby’s facilities and had it maxed out with the full all around upgrades and is now pushing north of 740 hp. Insurance wise it still shows as the original Ford factory Cobra Mustang.

Try that with a Covette or Dodge Hellcat and those Model vin#’s !!!
You’ll pay and pay dearly especially if you’re a young man below the age of 25.

My buddy is now thinking about selling his Shelby and getting the Super Snake. I’m probably gonna get his Shelby If he makes the decision to go forward.

Apologies for going on so long here.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by joken2

That's a blessing.
🚗

A deal’s a deal.

When our kids first started driving the insurance standard for young females was 1.4 times the adult rate and young males was 1.9 the adult rate and the brand name and model type can make a big difference in insurance costs, too. We checked out insurance rates on a 4cyl auto Mustang and a same year 4 cyl auto Pontiac Sunbird for our girls -- basically equals performance wise -- but the Sunbird was a worthwhile amount less to insure.

Actually there’s no insurance cost differential assigned to the vehicle. It’s a pristine 2006 Model and when the Ford vin# is given It comes back as an older Mustang Coupe with a small block V8.

The Saleen part of the equation is what Steve Saleen adds to the his cars and that’s documented by his assigned Saleen production # found in 3 different places on the vehicle.

3 years ago A good friend bought a new Ford Cobra Mustang from a Ford dealer and had it upgraded 100 hp by Ford to maintain his warranty. Well,,,that wasn’t enough so he had it picked up and sent out to Carroll Shelby’s facilities and had it maxed out with the full all around upgrades and is now pushing north of 740 hp. Insurance wise it still shows as the original Ford factory Cobra Mustang.

Try that with a Covette or Dodge Hellcat and those Model vin#’s !!!
You’ll pay and pay dearly especially if you’re a young man below the age of 25.

My buddy is now thinking about selling his Shelby and getting the Super Snake. I’m probably gonna get his Shelby If he makes the decision to go forward.

Apologies for going on so long here.

So, does that mean if it were totaled insurance would only cover the current value of an pristine older Mustang coupe w/small block V8 engine or would they still cover that of a 2006 Saleen Mustang?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Good for your son! Sounds like an outstanding young man. And Kudo's to your aunt, sounds like a very nice person.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (41rem, 1OntarioJim, 16penny, 35, afisher, Anaconda, 13 invisible), 1,419 guests, and 855 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,104
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.