Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
This is what it is like to live in a 100% red state: LINK

The Oklahoma House passed a bill on Thursday which would give the state's attorney general and state legislature the power to review the president's executive orders to determine constitutionality.

The bill would authorize the legislature to recommend any executive order, federal agency rule, or federal congressional action be reviewed by the attorney general. If either the attorney general or the legislature declares the act unconstitutional, then all state and local officials and any publicly funded organization will be prohibited from enforcing it.

The bill, titled HB 1236, could be the most direct and effective way of countering federal rules and could pave the way for the legislature to block a federal mask mandate, transgender athletes in school sports, and other orders.

Shortly after HB 1236 passed, state Rep. Jay Steagall introduced HR 1005, which outlines the right of a state to defend the Constitution and intervene on behalf of the liberties of its citizens.

"Oklahoma hereby asserts sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States over all powers," the resolution says. "THAT this resolution shall serve notice to the federal government of our intent to maintain the balance of powers where the Constitution of the United States established it. THAT we intend to ensure that all federal government agencies and their agents and employees operating within the geographic boundaries of Oklahoma, or whose actions have an effect on the inhabitants, lands or waters of Oklahoma, shall operate within the confines of the original intent of the Constitution of the United States."

HB 1236 passed with an 80-14 vote.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
All states should adopt this

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Rock63
All states should adopt this

Yes they should

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I like the way they think!

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Hell yeah

IC B2

X
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
X
Sounds good until their refusal cuts federal funds from big programs in the state

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
no different than sanctuary cities with illegal aliens

futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
They swore an oath to Uphold the Constitution.
Strange times when the states are having to pass a bill to keep the right to uphold their oath to uphold the Constitution.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by x2501
Sounds good until their refusal cuts federal funds from big programs in the state

Federal funds collected in states.....funds that don't exist, simply because the Feds spent it already, along with the other funds that don't exist.

Fiscally responsible states need not kow tow to states that aren't, cities that aren't and people that aren't.
Needing money that isn't really there isn't a real choice, which is why the Feds and the Dems need to keep pushing the class warfare, which is now state versus state.

They aren't content to ruin entire states with large municipalities, the direction is entire regions and eventually every single state.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
This is how the Founders envisioned things to be done. Good for Oklahoma and I hope more follow.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim1611
This is how the Founders envisioned things to be done. Good for Oklahoma and I hope more follow.

Exactly

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Steve4102 will be along shortly to reiterate how Kansas passed the 2nd Amendment Sanctuary Law and how worthless it is and how this won't work either.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If the tax revenues from the Okies is greater that the fed funds that come back to the state, I would vote to withhold those funds from the treasury. That knife is sharp on both sides. All taxes must go through a fund within the state to be forwarded to the treasury. The red states would win that battle every time.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You need to quit bragging on Oklahoma, OrangeOkie.

Some of us are counting on it as our ace in the hole.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
good

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Coyotejunki
no different than sanctuary cities with illegal aliens

Or dope legalization laws.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by BangPop
If the tax revenues from the Okies is greater that the fed funds that come back to the state, I would vote to withhold those funds from the treasury. That knife is sharp on both sides. All taxes must go through a fund within the state to be forwarded to the treasury. The red states would win that battle every time.

Are you telling me that the Fed taxes withheld from my check go to a clearing house in Boise which then sends the cash on to the Feds?

Or that it should be?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Brazos
You need to quit bragging on Oklahoma, OrangeOkie.

Some of us are counting on it as our ace in the hole.

Not knocking OK but there is that.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
States' rights. What a concept.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BangPop

That takes some strong politicians.
It would be nice if every state did that. I like that concept too.
I look to the army around the capital for a small test of the state governorz gumption.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

437 members (10Glocks, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 160user, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 40 invisible), 1,848 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,754
Posts18,495,418
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.