Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
STUMPY’S NATIONWIDE TOUR

Tickets available soon.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
P.S. I already have a basic register that I'll print out and send out with Stubbs to the next trustee. It has the 50 states listed. Below each state's name there are 2 blanks to be filled by those who receive it before sending on. One for where each guy enters their names/handles, location of activity and date. The second blank is for when the same state is hit twice. There's room for a third, I think, if need be but I've only numbered 1 and 2 for travel and player data. There are a few words on instructions. Ones that no doubt some of you savage half-apes will ignore and completely botch, but I'm OK with that. smile

Not sure how we play who gets the baton next. I'd lean towards having whomever is in possession make that call. Once you've had the thing and played with it, you get crossed off the 'send it to me' list. It could get messy if there's a set list, as people have unexpected things happen and if the chain gets broken and Stubbs ends up stuck it'll be game over for everyone. I figure I'll start an 'Official Stubbs US Grand Tour' thread when I send it off the first time and folks can post up there with their subsequent Stubbs shots and figure out who they're going to send it to next, but not be forced to have anyone else know. It might be fun not knowing where the next pics are coming from, and from whom...

Thoughts welcome.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
P.S. I already have a basic register that I'll print out and send out with Stubbs to the next trustee. It has the 50 states listed. Below each state's name there are 2 blanks to be filled by those who receive it before sending on. One for where each guy enters their names/handles, location of activity and date. The second blank is for when the same state is hit twice. There's room for a third, I think, if need be but I've only numbered 1 and 2 for travel and player data. There are a few words on instructions. Ones that no doubt some of you savage half-apes will ignore and completely botch, but I'm OK with that. smile

Not sure how we play who gets the baton next. I'd lean towards having whomever is in possession make that call. Once you've had the thing and played with it, you get crossed off the 'send it to me' list. It could get messy if there's a set list, as people have unexpected things happen and if the chain gets broken and Stubbs ends up stuck it'll be game over for everyone. I figure I'll start an 'Official Stubbs US Grand Tour' thread when I send it off the first time and folks can post up there with their subsequent Stubbs shots and figure out who they're going to send it to next, but not be forced to have anyone else know. It might be fun not knowing where the next pics are coming from, and from whom...

Thoughts welcome.

That list you send out will be in English/Latin alphabet?

We don't have to learn hiragana or kanji or some such I hope? I still have problems with the future pluperfect in Spanish, learning Japanese is probably not feasible at this point in time.

RE: smelt. I expect pics in the food forum of those delicious little swimming critters properly prepared for the plate!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can do NM if one of the more seasoned and gentlemanly members of our esteemed state don't want to do it. They got rank and class that I lack.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by wabigoon
What if Stumpy don't leave? laugh

As long as it's not sent to your buddy GG, I don't anticipate there being any issues with trusting the men here--even ones who don't necessarily know each other-- to be able to play a game and resist the temptation to somehow profit through deceit and theft.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So this is 'Elf on the shelf' version 2021?

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
I can do NM if one of the more seasoned and gentlemanly members of our esteemed state don't want to do it. They got rank and class that I lack.

If this caper is to involve any 'rank' or measure of 'class' I'm scrapping the whole shebang right now. What fun is there in *that* nonsense?

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Is stumpy kinda like that Half naked big black guy?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
For MOtown, there's a green room on a river in the ozarks I been wantin ta visit, if there's no other MO offers.

How does stumpy look, in green?

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I'm game for Utah, I would even try to get together with Tikkanut down south and have him show us some of his desert country.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Does Big Stick know he's going on tour?

GOA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ll take it for Georgia

Who is John Galt?
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Thoughts welcome.

That list you send out will be in English/Latin alphabet?

We don't have to learn hiragana or kanji or some such I hope? I still have problems with the future pluperfect in Spanish, learning Japanese is probably not feasible at this point in time.

RE: smelt. I expect pics in the food forum of those delicious little swimming critters properly prepared for the plate!

Are you new here?

Dats raciss!

Sheesh!!

Hold into the Google translate!!!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
SockPuppet, we still have our place in NM but now live over in AZ - you will do it well for NM if you want it.

Lot of good Campfire guys here in the SW - most of them in AZ - so Stumpy would be hosted and handled well here. Probably better if someone in a more metro area did it in AZ, but I sure will if needed.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Thanks Kamo !

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Shaping up nicely. So far, looks like we have people from 19 states, with some duplicates.

AZ
AK
CA
GA
HI
ID
MA
ME
MI
MN
MO
MT
ND
NH
OR
TN
PA
TX
WA

Last edited by kamo_gari; 02/27/21.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
"Stumpy", and most all on this crazy place are welcome to fish Wabigoon Lake with me, But first we have to be able to get to Canada.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
"Stumpy", and most all on this crazy place are welcome to fish Wabigoon Lake with me, But first we have to be able to get to Canada.

Not trying to be mean spirited here, honestly, but are you sure that your friend would appreciate your taking part? Not sure you're seeing the big picture here... Unless you're acting as an agent to kill our fun. "There I was, ready to snap a pic of Stubbs and a nice walleye, when I slipped and Stubbs went over the rail into 60' of water...'

After this whole thing I'm all suspicious of everyone and everything, day and night. It's terrible. "Hey, cute and sweet little puppy you got there, lady! Wait, is this damned thing wearing a wire under its collar?"

wink

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W

Not trying to be mean spirited here, honestly, but are you sure that your friend would appreciate your taking part? Not sure you're seeing the big picture here... Unless you're acting as an agent to kill our fun. "There I was, ready to snap a pic of Stubbs and a nice walleye, when I slipped and Stubbs went over the rail into 60' of water...'

After this whole thing I'm all suspicious of everyone and everything, day and night. It's terrible. "Hey, cute and sweet little puppy you got there, lady! Wait, is this damned thing wearing a wire under its collar?"

wink

blush

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Kind of makes you seem two-faced. One on hand you are pledging prayers , support and devotion to your ‘friend’ and then on the other, you are willing to participate in hosting Stubby, the product of an act of betrayed trust and misdirection of donated items kept for oneself.

Are you in or out?

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (160user, 1minute, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 58 invisible), 2,096 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,044
Posts18,482,171
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.