-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Doing the I 40 to Little Rock every other week for two years, Bill Clinton has a deal with barrels in AR. From the time I lived in TX to today 40 has been lined with barrels...

Anyway, coming out of North Little Rock, been dealing with Illinois Yankees all day at Cat, pouring rain, traffic down to one lane for road work, 3:30 PM on a Friday afternoon. Takes for damn ever to get past everyone trying to flee the city for the weekend. 20 miles out both lanes are open and a few of us get in the left and start making up time passing the 600 Semis doing their slow race.

Milling machine on the side of the road, State Trouper hiding behind it, I was watching the truck wanting to pull out to take that 15 minutes it takes for one doing 65 tp pass one doing 64...and did not notice the officer till the red pick up in front tapped his brakes, too late, I go past the SUV at about 87.

I see him pull out and start after me, no lights yet but I know, he is having trouble negotiating the rain, trucks and all the same crap I am dealing with, I don't try to dodge the deal but am hopeful it is someone else. 15-20 miles later he clears the hassle and pops his blues and comes screaming up behind me.

There is no place to pull over safely so I hit my hazzards and point to the next exit, he falls in at a safe distance behind and follows me for two more miles. We get off the construction zone and into a parking lot of an abandoned service station under a still standing but leaning cover where the pumps used to be. I roll my windows down pull my paper work out of the h older on the visor so I am not rooting around for it and put my hands on the wheel.

He gets out after a few minutes, I assume running my tags, and walks up beside me and ask for license, and if I know why he stopped me, "Yes Sir I was speeding". I hand over Insurance, license, registration and my HCP. He looks at that and asked if I am armed which I reply in the affirmative, didn't even ask where. He told me he appreciated me putting my hazzards on to let him know I was not running, and getting off the big road as it is dangerous to both of us, and appreciated getting under cover so he is not soaked, but, he has to write the ticket. Said if I had checked up like the red pick up he would have let it slide, but as I was not being an azzhole he is going to write it for simple speeding and not the real over, and I can just mail in $100.00 and it will not go on my record. Told him I have a couple of nephews in his line of work and I don't envy him his job, but am glad someone will do it. He was friendly and not a bad young man.

I was over posted speed, and do it all the time and don't get caught, but, I am about to be done with all that, (10 months) get better mileage at 60mph, plus I love Zoom Meetings, cut all that travel out.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by ingwe
Yeah Ive had pretty good luck with them. Course I kinda know how to act and comply, so I dont get shot like some folks!

I know how to act when stopped by the police, I watched Chris Rock's informative video on how to act and what to do and what to not do. Solid advice.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

115 members (10gaugemag, 35, 44mc, 10Glocks, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 7887mm08, 12 invisible), 1,508 guests, and 895 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,995
Posts18,481,152
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.