Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Were you bidding ?

Last edited by kenster99; 02/27/21. Reason: Spelling
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
lots of guns are showing up for sale lately, I think the gentlemen that collected them are passing away and their families have no interest in them.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
watching and watching and watching
counting my pennies and counti i gave up pretty quick.
as little as i am able to shoot anymore i just couldn't justify making any run at it.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hanneke Hardware ,,right up the street from where i used to work .....Didnt even knew they sold guns .... Been around a long time .....

Work hard ... play hard
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jericho
lots of guns are showing up for sale lately, I think the gentlemen that collected them are passing away and their families have no interest in them.

what bothers me Jerico, is you are referring to me! frown

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Not at all brother...

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
this is what happens when two newbies get to bidding

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Ya know I think the not so good economy (or job market) has had an effect on a percentage of potential gun buyers and they have just dropped out of the picture until things get better. And in their place we have guys with obvious deep pockets who simply have the means to pay much more than what any gun is worth to get what they want. It happens in the housing market all the time. No reason to see guns as anything different. For me, my ability to scratch new itches will certainly be more limited until things get better; if not focused more on quality than quantity.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Yep, same in all markets. I was bidding on some small, 24X36 windows on a Peak Building auction, for my cabin in WV. They were Anderson 400 series windows. But they went for $240 each. I went to Lowe's yesterday and they had nice off brand 24X30 windows for $78. I can get by just fine with the off rand ones.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
Yep, same in all markets. I was bidding on some small, 24X36 windows on a Peak Building auction, for my cabin in WV. They were Anderson 400 series windows. But they went for $240 each. I went to Lowe's yesterday and they had nice off brand 24X30 windows for $78. I can get by just fine with the off rand ones.

this is my usual way of thinking.
unfortunately there are no off brand 99 savages to fall back on.
i have lusted after a 99 A in 250 strictly for the reason they have a faster twist to handle heavier bullets. My 1956 F is a lazer with 87g bullets so i again at those current prices ,guess i will do without.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My Grand Parents gave me a brand new 99A in 250 for Christmas in 1971, I was 2 years old at the time. It loves 100 grain Sierra Gamekings. Luckily, I was smart enough to hold onto the original box that it came in. I own a good number of 99s, that one remains my favorite. It wears an old Weaver K3, and NO sling swivels, still. I would like to find one in 243 that I wouldn't have to sell a kidney to be able to afford.

Rich

"Dying ain't much of a living, Boy." Josey Wales
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
You sir, in a word, suck!! grin I was a sophomore in college in 1971, trying my damnedest to kill myself with sports cars, alcohol (and other things), and loose women. Savage temptations came much much later.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
Geeesh! I've got a .243 new in the box, unfired, the one with the dime sized medallion in the butt stock- wonder what it would bring on GB?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
243's are hot right now.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
New in the box pretty much means stupid money right now especially certain models and calibers LOL

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Theres some around !! smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i have 2 in 250 but not new in the box . 450Yukon you would need to get US dollars ,getting it across the border will cost somewhere between 2-4 hundred bucks. That and the US dollar is why i am not buying any from down south.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Just a thought... Sometimes smart money overpays! Why? Hypothetical: You're a big earner-professional, raking in $1K per billable hour & plenty of work. Now, you can spend your hours gun hunting for 'relatively' small change resulting bargains or spend liberally in a short flurry and still come out at much higher net savings. Such by concentrating on what you do best professionally and devote minimal time to such as gun acquisitions. You see it, you want it, you buy it. Guns or widgets! It happens and often! Internet auction sites particularly facilitating!

The moral... Easy to laugh about a bidder's apparent overspending. But we're only seeing half the picture. Needing the other half to determine the true scenario. That said, much of the gun market is moving up rapidly. Believe that's pushed from the bottom guns for protection folks, but creating a bubble and maybe some amount of hysteria adding a measure.

Just my take.
Best & Stay Safe!
John

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by iskra
Just a thought... Sometimes smart money overpays! Why? Hypothetical: You're a big earner-professional, raking in $1K per billable hour & plenty of work. Now, you can spend your hours gun hunting for 'relatively' small change resulting bargains or spend liberally in a short flurry and still come out at much higher net savings. Such by concentrating on what you do best professionally and devote minimal time to such as gun acquisitions. You see it, you want it, you buy it. Guns or widgets! It happens and often! Internet auction sites particularly facilitating!

The moral... Easy to laugh about a bidder's apparent overspending. But we're only seeing half the picture. Needing the other half to determine the true scenario. That said, much of the gun market is moving up rapidly. Believe that's pushed from the bottom guns for protection folks, but creating a bubble and maybe some amount of hysteria adding a measure.

Just my take.
Best & Stay Safe!
John

there was a time in my life this was exactly how it went. but today my would like to haves certainly cost more then my sensible expendable income. just the way of this thing called life. one of the things i enjoy about this forum. i can enjoy others getting the ones i would like to have.
in all reality i should be selling down to one gun . nobody to leave them to . should be letting someone else enjoy them.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

184 members (338rcm, 204guy, 16penny, 1_deuce, 280Ackleyrized, 2ndwind, 22 invisible), 2,036 guests, and 1,119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,622
Posts18,474,036
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.