Print Thread
Hop To
L
lhead71 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
I was scrolling/ trolling GB, just to see, don't really need anything and saw this! I have so many questions, who are these people bidding, is this legit, if so what is wrong with them?

Entertainment purposes:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/892835567

Enough already, just shoot it!
GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
looks like two guys playing each other at some one elses expense...sale will probably never happen

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
only the desperate and stupid shop on GunSmoker...

a Fool and his money are quickly parted....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gene270
looks like two guys playing each other at some one elses expense...sale will probably never happen

Wouldn’t the seller still have to pay a GB’s sellers fee?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would love to be able to contact those bidders and let them know that I will sell the same thing to them for 10% below their last bid.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was told by a buyer on Guns International that he would pay $50 over my asking price if I held on to it for 2 weeks. I held on to it for two weeks and he backed out of the deal. Grrr. I passed up offers for buying the rifle because I gave my word to this other dude. Grrr

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Seafire
only the desperate and stupid shop on GunSmoker...

a Fool and his money are quickly parted....

Actually, I have had good luck shopping there, once I learned a little self control and to set a max on bidding, understanding that there would always be other items down the road.

For example, I've looked at and been outbid on several Winchester Model 71s. Finally, one came along, pre-war, Deluxe model, great condition and I was able to buy it from of all places, Oregon! It's a honey.

Later, I found another Browning Model 71 carbine, version pretty scratched up from Eastern woods hunting, but with gorgeous wood, dies and extra brass and ammo, so I was able to get that one too. I missed out on many others, but lucked out in these.

Norm

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
I would love to be able to contact those bidders and let them know that I will sell the same thing to them for 10% below their last bid.

Lol, why?

It never ceases to amaze me how folks get all involved in how others price their items to sell. Posting you would "love" to do that on GB suggests you would do the same thing here, and doesn't say a lot about your character.

Gun owners/shooting enthusiasts are truly their own worst enemy...

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I’m bout the be the wealthiest dude on the forum. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jason280
Originally Posted by TheBigSky

Lol, why?

It never ceases to amaze me how folks get all involved in how others price their items to sell. Posting you would "love" to do that on GB suggests you would do the same thing here, and doesn't say a lot about your character.

Gun owners/shooting enthusiasts are truly their own worst enemy...

I guess my point was lost on you and probably others as it was meant tongue in cheek. My only point was (which could have probably been made better) that I would sell all day long for less than what people pay on gunbroker. I don't poach deals and I never would. I'll try to make my point better next time. I also would have assumed that anybody on this forum smarter than a small soap dish would have assumed that "below their last bid" would mean that no more bidding was occurring. But, I can now also see that it could be interpreted to be done while bidding were occurring. I'm not such a piece of human fecal matter that, not only would I never do that, it wouldn't occur to me that it would be interpreted that way. I also forget that for every honest person we have on this forum we seem to, increasingly, have a matching number slimeballs, scumbags and a-holes and therefore, I should expect someone would or could interpret things differently than intended. and be more cautious in my wording. I'm not too bright; but, I'm learning. Once again, I'll try to be more clear in the future.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I watch some local online auctions and saw where a box of 500 x-tream 9mm bullets were bid up to $400. I was thinking that the bidders may have thought they were bidding on loaded ammo. Would have loved to see the look on the persons face, when they realized they spent $400 on something you can easily get for $40.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Conspiracy theorist bit High dollars. You know there's a few of them right here

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
To answer the OP's question- yes, and yes. Add in a bit of internet chicanery and you have stupid money changing hands. Sit back, take a deep breath, light up a good cigar and pour a stiff whiskey, and watch the show fellas.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 10 invisible), 1,497 guests, and 879 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.