Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Well there is a big chasm between the value of what someone pays for it and it's real world useful value. And some people are going to be pretty damn disappointed when they find out.

GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
The question I have is what the hell are these idiots going to do with $4 a round 7.62x39 fmj?

Plink? Shoot oppressors with fmj? Hunt? Save it?

What's the point for the end user?

Whatever he/she deems it to be, perhaps?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It wasn't uncommon for a few years to have to pay $4-5 a round for 375 Winchester that I hunted with due to scarcity and lack of manufacture. I shot so few it didn't bother me but I bought all I could find at anything less than $60 a box. Eventually someone wanted it at $100 a box so I sold it all and handload now.

Nobody thought it would change in the foreseeable future but it can be found today for less than 30-30 ammo! $60 a box for 30-30! That schit is common as dirt. Maybe it's because so many people have a 30-30 that demand is so high. Crazy.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I’m so glad the guy selling boiled peanuts at the gun show is doing so much for my gun rights.

God bless him.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I watched an auction on gunbroker for a 1lb bottle of Winchester 748 powder. When the auction ended, the selling price was $68.

And then hazmat on that !

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I picked up this older set of Lee Carbide dies at a pawn shop a while back. They were asking $20 and I jewed them down a couple bucks off of that. They had been sitting on the shelf for a while and I got them, there's still good deals out there.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ringworm
How about hit the freaking space key ever few paragraphs?

He's hoarding all the spaces

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
I’m so glad the guy selling boiled peanuts at the gun show is doing so much for my gun rights.

God bless him.

I hope you tipped the guy with the headset doing the wok demonstrations in the corner when you walked by.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
I picked up this older set of Lee Carbide dies at a pawn shop a while back. They were asking $20 and I jewed them down a couple bucks off of that. They had been sitting on the shelf for a while and I got them, there's still good deals out there.

So you jewed the down huh?

Just think, if you you were black you could have just stole the MF'rs.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunzo
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

So you jewed the down huh?

Just think, if you you were black you could have just stole the MF'rs.

Ha!! Owner carries a 1911 on his hip and he's got a clear shot to the front door from his counter. Owner's a good guy, loves to go duck hunting. He's gave me several good deals when I bundled a few items and asked for a discount and he always throws in a roll of nice paper targets, too.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
I have gobs of ammo and components.

If somebody wants any of it they will pay 2021 prices.

If they don’t like it, tough fugking schit.

Lol.

Capitalism.

When demand recedes, prices will go down.

Geez. What a concept.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Well there is a big chasm between the value of what someone pays for it and it's real world useful value. And some people are going to be pretty damn disappointed when they find out.

It’s worth what someone will pay

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
You don't have to pay asking price.

Make an offer. Go from there.

If all the buyers at the gun show got in that mindset, prices would come down.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by srwshooter
so tell me where else you will find the stuff you need? if you need it now then pay the price or STFU. most of the guys at the gun show spend there hard earned money supporting your rights while most on the internet just set back and bitch.

As to your first question.....I buy it at the store or online. You do know that everything you need you can buy at local shops or online? There’s more than just gunshows for places where you can buy gun stuff, beef jerky, jewelry cleaner and anarchists cookbooks. I am sure that there are some great gun shows across the country and my disgust only applies to the ones I’ve gone to in Washington. They used to be fun but it’s turned into a crap fest. Terrible prices and the participants are a notch below retarded.

As to your second assertion, If you worship your local gun show as a leader in the 2A rather than a business that makes compulsory and at best peripheral contributions to the cause then it’s obvious that you and I have fundamentally different expectations as to the power of gun shows. Gun shows have allowed themselves to be used and manipulated by a corrupt media and in my opinion they’ve done more harm than good despite however much of OUR money that they’ve “donated” and written off to the NRA.

Just like the NRA, I wouldn’t lose any sleep if both were to be replaced by better organizations. They both have outlived their usefulness and forgotten their mission.imho

Again.....that’s been my experience and observations. I worked in the firearm industry for going on 2 decades and I’ve watched the decline and loss of focus.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
IMO, the best thing that can happen RE: current pricing, is for the general (gun show) public to see mountains of it on the Slack-Jaw's table. My reasoning being that some folks will figure out that if Slack-Jaw the Cheeto-stained ManBearPig can obtain ammo, maybe they can find some on their own as well.

The price won't come down until Slack-Jaw the Cheeto-stained ManBearPig has no "room" left on his/momma's CC and also cannot make the minimum payment. At that point it's time to fire sale or pawn the ammo for baby formula and more Cheetos.

Ball ammo for Ball Joints. #90'sBonneville/Astrovan.

Last edited by horse1; 02/28/21.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Late summer of 2014, Carlisle Productions held an "outdoors-oriented" flea market at the Fair grounds where they've been staging collector car shows for decades. That was due to the previous February's Outdoors show at the Harrisburg Farm Show complex being cancelled.They sensed there was a need for a such show, just held it too early. A fall show might've worked better? Didn't fit their car show schedules.

Following the Dec. 2013 CT school shooting, the promoter of the Harrisburg Outdoors Show faced a huge vendor "mutiny" over their decision to ban all "black rifles" and related gear. So they canceled the 2014 show. The next year NRA took over that nine day show in February and it continues, although this year's show was canceled due to the Corona virus restrictions.

The first Carlisle weekend outdoor show was pretty well attended by vendors, but didn't attract enough paying customers to keep it going. Same weekend they had the show on the fairgrounds, there was an indoor gun show across the road at the Expo Center.

Vendors at the Fairgrounds were charging crazy prices for ammo and ARs. Saw 22LR Auto Match going for $30 to $40. ARs as high as $1,000 for common variants, mostly used ones. Meanwhile across the road at the Expo Center, Auto Match was $18. Two dealers had stacks of NIB Bushmaster and DPMS ARs starting at $699, IIRC?.

Not the first time I've seen insane prices for ammo and firearms, won't be the last.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Local pawn had a ratty 1100 for 699. Actual worth a year ago, 250.

C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Watched 20k primers on here bought for a fair price (65$ per 1k)go to a gun show nut the other day... seller was 3 hours from me and I would have bought a few thousand. Missed it..

I'm sure this guy will have a booth at the next gun show in central PA selling primers for 200$ per 1k..

Hunt...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Those of you that refuse to go to a gunshow, we sure havent miss you one damn bit.everyone is packed .

I never understood guys that drive 100 miles to a big box gun store to buy a things but bitch about paying 10 buck to get in a gunshow that usually has the stuff cheaper.

Last edited by srwshooter; 02/28/21.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
"ManBearPig" now that is funny, made me chuckle

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 12344mag, 16gage, 10Glocks, 53 invisible), 2,699 guests, and 1,354 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,460
Posts18,471,239
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.