Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

In Utah

Guard rails are optional

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Imagine granny forgetting it was race day and backing out of the driveway.

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Guard rails!? We don’t need no stinkin’ guard rails 😳

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
What does right 5+ and left 3 minus mean? Is that like whey Peyton used to yell "Omaha!!!"?

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ken Block is a funny guy.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by horse1
What does right 5+ and left 3 minus mean? Is that like whey Peyton used to yell "Omaha!!!"?

Navigator is reading off pace notes, which are verbal shorthand to tell the driver all about the road ahead (distances, turns, flat out, jumps, bends, etc.). He's driving faster than he can see ahead, he couldn't do that without the pace notes being read to him. Notice that he blows through some blind splits in the road - incredible.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Last fall my boys and I came across footage of crashes at the Nurburgring track in Germany. It's fun to watch some of the civilian cars and bad driving. I'd love to drive the track. Rally Crash videos were suggested by the youtube so we started watching those also. It seems that most are from all over Europe and some from Argentina.

Some of the crashes that they walk away from are pretty intense. It's pretty amazing to see what these drivers and navigators do. I'd probably stroke out if I were in the passengers seat.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by tikkanut

In Utah

Guard rails are optional

We rented a MH back in the 90’s and dropped down into Yellowstone from Montana. On the way out we went thru Utah and I agree about the guard rails.

However, whenever there was a sign in Wyoming for 45 mph for a curve ahead - that meant it might keep 2 tires on the payment at that speed!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The scary ride would be in the navigator's seat, watching stuff fly by at insane speeds and having no control whatever.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The scary ride would be in the navigator's seat, watching stuff fly by at insane speeds and having no control whatever.

Yep. Ken scared him one time around the top of the mountain... he let out a screamy gasp, then went back to navigating.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

The description of the road, makes me think of my first time across Red Mountain Pass in Kolorado! Lots of wrecked autos off the road, 100’s of feet down, and a memorial to a snow plow that lost his life trying to open the road! Pretty intimidating but beautiful drive for a boy from Louisiana ! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by memtb

The description of the road, makes me think of my first time across Red Mountain Pass in Kolorado! Lots of wrecked autos off the road, 100’s of feet down, and a memorial to a snow plow that lost his life trying to open the road! Pretty intimidating but beautiful drive for a boy from Louisiana ! memtb

CW McCall wrote a song about that one.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin

Ben, I believe that was Wolfcreek Pass. Red Mountain Pass is between Silverton and Ouray! I never got to drive the old road across Wolfcreek Pass......the new road is a pussy cat! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Anybody know what that purple lever does? I see it puts the car into a broad slide but how? Front brakes only?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I assume that it applies the rear brakes, to set the car for a “power slide” through the corner! It is very beneficial with an all wheel drive or front wheel drive vehicle! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 03/01/21.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I assume that it applies the rear brakes, to set the car for a “power slide” through the corner! It is very beneficial with an all wheel drive or front wheel drive vehicle! memtb

Never have figured out how that doesn't bind up everything in those AWD cars????

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Block plays second fiddle to
masters like Sébastien Loeb.
Look at Loeb's times in WRC
compared to Block... blush

To get from A to B in the Fastest time
and win world championships it's Loeb , if
all ya want is stunt driving entertainment
keep with Block.

Loeb will give you a more scary ride as a
passenger , but you still be in better safer
hands.

Loeb goes to X games rally X in LA to win
and naturally collects Gold like child's play.

Then there's Loeb's first stab at Pikes Peak
obliterating the ‘unlimited class’ record of
9min 46.164sec. with 8min 13.878sec.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starman
Block plays second fiddle to
masters like Sébastien Loeb.

Loeb doesn't have a 1965 Hoonicorn Mustang:

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin

Ben, I believe that was Wolfcreek Pass. Red Mountain Pass is between Silverton and Ouray! I never got to drive the old road across Wolfcreek Pass......the new road is a pussy cat! memtb

Close. “Riveside Slide” is the one I’m referring to:

One cold, black night of a colorado winter
It snowed on red mountain pass
We warned ev'rybody that the slide was runnin'
An' 5-5-oh was a mess
But outta the plowshed, south a' town
Come a blade with a flashin' blue light
We told that boy: whatever you do,
Beware of the riverslide slide.
. . .”

Last edited by Ben_Lurkin; 03/01/21.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

661 members (10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1eyedmule, 68 invisible), 3,288 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,379
Posts18,469,527
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.