I’m good. My kids. And theirs as well,
Most likely.

GB1

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by T_O_M
[quote=Theoldpinecricker]Would any of you share ammo with immediate loved ones or would you tell them the Noah's Ark analogy? And take a lesson from it.

I hunt and hang with a small group of guys, whom exchange readily, if they needed it, they would get it, no questions asked. I continue to add to the supply whenever the opportunity comes. .

Last edited by elkmen1; 03/10/21.
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm 72 and good to go.

MOLON LABE
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I am good for the rest of my life. That being said I still buy odds and ends when I find them at non ass raping prices. Always good barter goods

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Time to start reloading... never be low on ammo again.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hoytcanon
Time to start reloading... never be low on ammo again.

As if there is actually components

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yeah moosemike there is a component shortage too. The bottleneck everywhere is still primers , the companies who make primers also make ammo and using the primers to make ammo earns them greater profit than just selling the primers. To the same end bullets and powders but not quite as tight. All boils down to, did you prepare by having enough of everything you use in your supply inventory. I've heard it said countless times on this forum by members here that their good and they can cover their kids and grandkids needs
Why is it the kids and grandkids can't cover their own needs? Whose values didn 't they pick up by learning to reload or oh my god keeping themselves supplied to their own factory ammo. How many panics now over the last 15-20 years? And still the unprepared haven't learned a damned thing. It isn't just ammo but a lot of things people take for granted toilet paper? CANNING LIDS look around one can find lots of bottlenecks out there. Bottlenecks don't matter if you've prepared. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My kids are in the same boat I was at their age, short of space and time for handloading. One shoots factory in one of his rifles and my handloads in the other. The other one can depend on me feeding his rifles, both of which were mine at one time. Neither has much opportunity for target shooting, so it’s not much of a chore for me, or a drain on my stock.

I could never depend on my father for help. He never offered, and I learned pretty quickly to not waste time asking. I’m trying to do better for my offspring in the small ways I’m able.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
Would any of you share ammo with immeadiate loved ones or would you tell them the Noah's Ark analogy? And take a lesson from it.

I would and have shared with family and friends. I just bought 600 6mm/100 grain bullets on here and offered some to a friend from camp. He only wanted 100 so it was no big deal.
I'm th only one in my family who shoots much. My Godson is coming to stay with us for a week next month and I plan to take him out for a day or 2 of slinging lead. I also like swapping components with friends.
I stocked up big time in 2016, fearing the worst before Trump was elected. The only thing I would like is to get maybe another brick of Large Pistol primers.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well your a good guy pappy 348 no doubt about it but there still are all these people unprepared and depending on the "system" to keep themselves supplied when ultimately that responsibility needs to be on their shoulders. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
IC B3

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 160user, 007FJ, 61 invisible), 2,148 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,046
Posts18,482,225
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.