Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Not to argue with you tarheel - but that certainly has not been my experience after shopping the entire market ... and ultimately buying a LOT of gear from Midway over the years. By and large, they have typically been one of the best value oriented e-tailers in the industry. I think they are just now responding to the escalating ammo costs that have impacted everyone (manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors, retails ... and most significantly, the end-users). For some odd reason, folks seem to think distributors like Midway are paying the same ammo wholesale prices that they were 8-12-24 months ago ... they aren’t ... not even close.

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The buttfugk brothers have 6.5 Man Bun in stock for $2.65 a round
LMAO

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I always find it funny when someone hates on the creedmoor. I bought one in a Hawkeye back when they were first available or I heard of it. 2009-10 timeframe. I’ve had 3. I’m never understood the hate.

The .270 is the greatest hunting catridge ever designed. To dispute this fact is to only justify our loonieism in owning and hunting with inferior cartridges.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Shows out of stock. And that price was before they ran out. Dollars to doughnuts they’ll be closer to Midway pricing when they finally get inventory.

He went over yonder way
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It was $35.99 a box

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I paid like $26 a box at Cabelas of all places 2 years ago. Guess I shoulda bought a few cases.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

M
Motown Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Butler247
I always find it funny when someone hates on the creedmoor. I bought one in a Hawkeye back when they were first available or I heard of it. 2009-10 timeframe. I’ve had 3. I’m never understood the hate.

Same here. I swore when they came out that I would never own one but finally gave in and am glad I did.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Ditto ... I have a Tikka T3x in 6.5CM that outshoots several complete custom rifles in various calibers I have, that are several times the cost. I’ve only tried 4 different ammo options and everything I’ve put down the tube has been extremely accurate. I think new/young hunters will utilize the 6.5 like my generation (starting hunting in the mid 70’s) used the .243 ... but the 6.5 is significantly superior in many ways. It really is the ultimate easy shooting, low-recoil, super flat & accurate shooting cal. ... but with a lot more ft lbs of energy/killing power. Deer Hunters who turn their nose up at the 6.5 have obviously been shooting the wrong kind of bullets/ammo (match/target pills?) ... it is absolutely devastating on Whitetail, Muleys and Pronghorn.

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Until all the online vendors follow Midways lead, the scalpers will continue to scoop it all up and run off to gun broker.

Once the scalpers lose interest and folks stop panic buying ammo for guns they don’t own, the prices will return to normal.

If someone is going make 100% or more markup on ammo why shouldn’t it be the retail guys, that still have the same overhead costs but don’t have the same amount of product to sell, instead of the guy that has nothing better to do than stand in line at academy before they open. Retailers have to make a living too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It won’t end anytime soon, it might be getting better, maybe, but as soon as the gun control BS starts rolling in D.C. it’s going to get really bad. They’re just getting started...

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Mid_MO_Hunter
Not to argue with you tarheel - but that certainly has not been my experience after shopping the entire market ... and ultimately buying a LOT of gear from Midway over the years. By and large, they have typically been one of the best value oriented e-tailers in the industry. I think they are just now responding to the escalating ammo costs that have impacted everyone (manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors, retails ... and most significantly, the end-users). For some odd reason, folks seem to think distributors like Midway are paying the same ammo wholesale prices that they were 8-12-24 months ago ... they aren’t ... not even close.

No offense taken. I agree With that 100% historically. But, I’ve seen some VERY strange pricing activity post election. I would have to assume that Midways scale has them paying among the lowest price based on volume. I’ve seen items hit in stock on their site the same time as much smaller vendors. Midways prices were jacked up and the smaller guys were in line. I would have to assume they received shipments from the vendors same lot if they arrived within a day of each other.

They also jacked up the price on the same product 3x in a week. Again, I’m making an assumption, but I highly doubt they received 3 shipments at 3 different costs.

Just my observations of late.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Just remember the companies that gouged when they had the opportunity and bring your business elsewhere when things return to normal.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gone

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
The online retailer has built a business due to the support of loyal customers who regularly shop at his website and therefore owes his success to your patronage. It is because of this relationship that the established online retailer should not screw his customers when given the chance. The private citizen selling at Gunbroker owes you nothing, and comparing the two situations is ridiculous. I would tell Larry @ Midway to go screw himself when this is over.

I just went to the Midway site on instant chat and let them know how I feel. I would advise others to do the same.

Last edited by gdc2; 03/03/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gdc2
Just remember the companies that gouged when they had the opportunity and bring your business elsewhere when things return to normal.

Amen

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 16penny, 1234, 57 invisible), 2,275 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,391
Posts18,488,706
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.