Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
What I want to know is how to show a video instead of a bland link?

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
GB1

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Some 6.5 Creedmoor loads even show tertiary explosion, especially in really fat animals where their interior blubber ignites.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Some 6.5 Creedmoor loads even show tertiary explosion, especially in really fat animals where their interior blubber ignites.

My interior blubber is igniting right now, and I don't even know why? I'm not sure if I have been hit by a Creedmoor or not, but please help.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I blubber just reading this stuff......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Real men use HE Quick and don’t bother with man buns.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
hunstman,

All I know is, explosions aside, the 6.5 CM kills stuff just as "well" (however that's defined) as the .270 Winchester--which has crumpled big game including bull elk and moose for me and my wife for around 40 years now. But obviously the .270 is another Campfire man-bun round these days....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I would like to see that test repeated with a good expanding bullet

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
My interior blubber is virtually gone! Thank you Creedmoor or whatever it was. Wait, I'm getting even more blubbery now.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kk alaska
What I want to know is how to show a video instead of a bland link?

You mean like this?:

IC B3

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
You guys are awesome Scientists!

Worthy of Fauci’s team!

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I've shot or been present during the shooting of multiple thousands of rounds into ballistic gelatine. I would guess I've run high-speed video on multiple hundreds of those types of shots.

I've never seen an "explosion" as depicted in the video. I have seen reflection of the lights used for the video, though.

FYI, the "Ballistics Gelatine" shown in the video is not the industry standard 250A. It appears to be clear gel.

In fairness, I don't know how many HS videos of 6.5 CM I've participated in.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BufordBoone

That likely is because the second CM blast-waves generated such trauma that they prevent you from recalling any of them.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by MarineHawk

That likely is because the second CM blast-waves generated such trauma that they prevent you from recalling any of them.

Don't tease me because I'm sensitive!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

What I've heard is that the Creedmoor bullets impact causing a temporary and permanent damage cavity. Then, they discharge a subtle fuel-air-explosive gas behind that has a delayed-ignition characteristic and then re-explodes the unwitting ungulate victim, just when it thinks it might possibly survive. It's not just the physical injury that debilitates the animal, but the psychological injury of the unexpected secondary explosive. Thus, the Creedmoor is not just a conventional ballistic weapon, but a double-ballistic weapon, with a tertiary psychological warfare component.

If we can get that info out to the animals before the season starts, we should be able to just walk out to the woods, hold up a round of 6.5 Creedelymore and announce to the critters we are coming to get them.

That " psychological injury" you so rightly mentioned can be put to good use in these times of ammo and component shortages. No need to waste a round, once trained the deers will flop over dead upon hearing our opening morning announcement.

Those that don't die immediately will likely be so psychologically traumatized as to stand there so one could knife stick them in the jugular, again saving ammo for the coming appocolypse.

If necessary, we can put out some video screens in our local hunting spots to show that youtube vid to the local cervid population in the pre-season cud chewing hours. Tactical reinforcement of the " psychological injury" aspect. Kind of like WWII pamphlet dropping.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Sort of like everything within a certain radius going instantly insane when Cthulhu awakens.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A

Don't tease me because I'm sensitive!

Fear not the teasing!

The self protection part of your brain will erase all memory of this entire thread.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by Anteloper
The self protection part of your brain will erase all memory of this entire thread.

Exactly like the "flashy thing" in MEN IN BLACK...which might be occasionally useful here.

John Steinbeck
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Well, if we don’t all become aware of the Creedmoor’s double-explosive penetrating power and tertiary psychological impairment of its victims, we all could be enslaved by a growing crowd of Creedmoor owners who realize that they have such a super-superior weapon, and we, and all ungulates, are powerless against it. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. To paraphrase Paul Revere, “the Creedmoor’s are coming”!

Even the Founders, in enacting the Second Amendment, did not envision the development of the Creedmoor.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mathman
Sort of like everything within a certain radius going instantly insane when Cthulhu awakens.

Not to mention the turmoil of an impending earthquake.

Imagine if all three were to occur at the same time?

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by Anteloper

Exactly like the "flashy thing" in MEN IN BLACK...which might be occasionally useful here.

I wonder if Rick has ever looked into such a thing for use on certain members? I hear he has connections.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

238 members (12344mag, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 01Foreman400, 16penny, 23 invisible), 1,822 guests, and 922 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,652
Posts18,512,756
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.