-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
SpaceX is targeting Sunday, February 28 for launch of 60 Starlink satellites from Launch Complex 39A (LC-39A) at Kennedy Space Center in Florida. The instantaneous window is at 8:37 pm Eastern.

The Falcon 9 first stage rocket booster supporting this mission previously flew on seven missions: the Iridium-8 mission, the Telstar 18 VANTAGE mission, and five Starlink missions. Following stage separation, SpaceX will land Falcon 9’s first stage on the “Of Course I Still Love You” droneship, which will be located in the Atlantic Ocean. One half of Falcon 9’s fairing previously flew on three Starlink missions, and the other half previously supported two Starlink missions.

You can watch a live webcast of this mission, which will begin about 15 minutes prior to liftoff, by clicking HERE

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for the heads up.

No matter how many times I see those boosters land it is still amazing. I hope that never wears off.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
T minus 3:00

“Factio democratica delenda est"
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Aborted at T-1:24. I'll post a re-schedule date and time when I learn it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Next launch opportunity is tomorrow at 8:15p EST.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just got an email I can sign up to get starlink internet! Gotta be better than a Verizon Hotspot!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks RR.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Next attempt will be tonight at 8:15 pm Eastern.

Delay #9 if I count right... Due to poor weather conditions in the recovery area and to allow additional time for pre-launch checks, now targeting Tuesday, March 2 at 7:53 p.m. EST for launch of Starlink.

Last edited by RockyRaab; 03/01/21.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
And yet again...

Now targeting no earlier than Thursday, March 4 for launch of Starlink due to a Range conflict and unfavorable launch and recovery weather.

I genuinely feel sorry for the poor guys and gals out on the recovery ships. Not enough time between delays to come back in, so they've been lurching around in high seas now for days, with no end in sight.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Rocky, While you are waiting for someone to light the fuse on the alleged rocket...you may bask in the glory of righteousness. Arizona Gunslinger hotsauce is as good or better than you predicted.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
And yet again...

Now targeting no earlier than Thursday, March 4 for launch of Starlink due to a Range conflict and unfavorable launch and recovery weather.

I genuinely feel sorry for the poor guys and gals out on the recovery ships. Not enough time between delays to come back in, so they've been lurching around in high seas now for days, with no end in sight.

You think they have worn out their copy of "The Abyss"

They are pretty much in the position of the support ship except the catchers MItt has to be horrible in heavy weather....
How wide is it I wonder...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Thank you, flintlocke; it IS damn good!

There are at least four ships out there for each launch. There are two to catch the nose fairing, one for people who manage the drone barge, and an ocean-going tug to tow that barge out and back. There's a lot of maintenance, I'm sure, but they can do only so much chipping and painting (as any Navy swab can tell you.)

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Watched it go up and it did stick the landing.

But they still have some work to do because it blew up after touchdown.

Had to be disheartening to see that and watch it catch fire and go boom.

They get better every time they try it.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That's a different vehicle. It's their Starship, the vehicle they will eventually fly to Mars. This one was test vehicle #10. I did not post notice of it because as a test program, there is no set launch time other than "sometime between 9 am and 6 pm". They are indeed getting better at it every time, and it is an extremely ambitious and difficult program. Early word is that the landing legs did not deploy correctly, causing the whole rocket to land on its flimsy skirt - which in turn led to the fuel leak and kaboom about five minutes after touchdown. (Vids on YouTube and HERE )

The launch notice I posted is for one of their Falcon 9 rockets and another set of Starlink broadband satellites. It flew successfully a few hours after the SN10 test -- which surprised me. They had previously announced it would go "no earlier than Thursday."

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 2,611 guests, and 1,377 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,448
Posts18,470,996
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.