R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Where do you buy?
Bullion?
Coins?
I don't have any local stores. Went by a coin ship today and he had 1 2.5gr. gold.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Quando omni flunkus moritati
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ringworm
Where do you buy?
Bullion?
Coins?
I don't have any local stores. Went by a coin ship today and he had 1 2.5gr. gold.

James U. Blanchard in Metairie, Louisiana used to be a large dealer in precious metals, numismatic coins, etc.
He was located on Veterans Hwy there
Don’t know if he still does this.

Another might be Rich’s Coins and Guns on Monterrey Drive in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

I’ve done business with both over the years but it’s been a while.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where do you buy?
Bullion?
Coins?

If you believe Glen Beck, then . . . https://www.goldline.com/

If you believe in William Devane, then . . . https://www.roslandcapital.com/

If you believe in gold and silver stocks, then . . . GLDI and SLVO

If you believe in Dave Ramsey, then . . . https://www.daveramsey.com/blog/investing-in-precious-metals

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Where do you buy?
Bullion?
Coins?

Start investing in commodities now. Much better than precious metals.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Pawn shop, ebay, etc. wherever I find a good deal. I bought a roll of silver eagles here on the forum a while back.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ribka
Where do you buy?
Bullion?
Coins?

What are you buying? I bought into a few renewal energy stocks yesterday, first solar, nextera energy, Brookfield renewable energy, etc...nothing crazy, 50 of each for now.
Looking at steel but undecided on the best pick. Maybe Nucor?

Last edited by jackmountain; 03/03/21.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by ribka
Where do you buy?
Bullion?
Coins?

What are you buying? I bought into a few renewal energy stocks yesterday, first solar, nextera energy, Brookfield renewable energy, etc...nothing crazy, 50 of each for now.
Looking at steel but undecided on the best pick. Maybe Nucor?

Commodities ETF maybe, Jack?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Probably a less risky play....

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

I don’t buy or own god or silver, except my wedding band. And don’t plan to change that. I’m invested in a diversified portfolio of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and some tax free munis. And I have some land for long term investment.

NRA Patron
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I’m more interested in buying more rental properties at this point. With the coming inflation anything you buy smart today will seem like a bargain in a few years. I live in an area that’s one of the fastest growing in the state though, so ymmv.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I’m more interested in buying more rental properties at this point. With the coming inflation anything you buy smart today will seem like a bargain in a few years. I live in an area that’s one of the fastest growing in the state though, so ymmv.

I don’t see how you could go wrong with select properties.

I just wanted your read and thoughts on Commodities ETFs not knowing if you’d played with any of them.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Question for those of you who own rentals. Has the year long eviction moratorium affected you?
I can’t imagine too many renters are real excited about paying since they know they can stay either way.

Last edited by gregintenn; 03/03/21.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Keeping it focused on Gold and Silver only, I have a local coin shop that often has premiums no higher than the online bullion dealers. Those would be kitco, monex, sd bullion, jm bullion, apmex, etc. During periods of peak demand like last spring, and at the moment right now, the availability of physical metal is low and premiums are super high. When it's like this, it makes more sense to buy "paper" bullion and trade it for physical when conditions are better. Conditions were not bad at all last summer, fall, even into the holiday period for example. Obviously, they were better when Gold was near all-time highs. That kind of kills some demand. But if you try to buy physical metal at times like right now when the price is under heavy pressure, you're going to be competing against a lot of other buyers. The most popular "paper" metals are GLD and SLV. Those track the metal prices and are easy to trade, but take note that there is substantial risk to holding them long term since they're not backed by a 1:1 ratio to physical metal held. PHYS and PSLV are claimed to be backed 1:1 by metal held by the RCM. Another way to avoid getting stiffed on premiums during periods of high-demand and low supply of physical metal in small denominations like 1 oz bullion, is to buy shares of 100oz bars through something like a Kitco Pool account or VaultChain (uses distributed Blockchain to record). With those, you can take delivery of physical products after paying a fee that's about equivalent to premiums that local and online dealers charge. You can also get physical gold like Eages, Buffalo, Maples, etc. in your IRA through a custodian. This is usually held in segregated storage (not pooled), but over the long term, the storage costs would be less than the costs of holding GLD (not to mention the risk would be lower too). There's at least a half-dozen custodians that will do physical gold IRA's. You can look into that more if you want.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Question for those of you who own rentals. Has the year long eviction moratorium affected you?
I can’t imagine too many renters are real excited about paying since they know they can stay either way.

Not one late payment. The wife makes the rounds a set day every month to collect rents though. Texts everyone the night before as a reminder. All ours have good jobs and are long term though. I keep up with maintenance and landscape in the summer. Rentals are tough to find in our AO though so ymmv.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

I don’t see how you could go wrong with select properties.

I just wanted your read and thoughts on Commodities ETFs not knowing if you’d played with any of them.

I haven’t, but definitely interested. There seems to be more possible upside in commodities, renewable energy and EV’s, certain select service industries, cannabis and REIT’s than most other sectors right now. I’m just not a fan of precious metals. If I’m looking for something to carry me through teotwawki, I’m not thinking gold, I’m thinking ammo, food, water etc...

Last edited by jackmountain; 03/03/21.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by dale06

I don’t buy or own god or silver, except my wedding band. And don’t plan to change that. I’m invested in a diversified portfolio of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and some tax free munis. And I have some land for long term investment.

yep

look at precious metals returns during this covid pandemic the past year vs Tech , stocks, Realestate , commodities.

Maybe some precious metals mining stock in a diversified portfolio. Throwing your money into silver and gold is a fool's errand these days

More than happy to be proven wrong

Reits might be decent investment now, cannabis was good in November but think too late now along with green energy. Tech is is taking it up the arse. If you got in last summer and got out in January tech was great.

Look at the fed and 10 year treasuries for a clue.

Last year after March you could invest in anything and get a great return. Now we are back to normal

Last edited by ribka; 03/03/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Precious metals are highly manipulated by powerful people. If that manipulation can be broken they would be the play of the century

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by dale06

[quote=dale06]

Tangible assets. Stocks , bonds, and paper stuff can be nothing overnight. Not that I don’t own them. Silver, gold, guns , ammo, property! Dried food, alcohol. Diversify!!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by irfubar
Precious metals are highly manipulated by powerful people. If that manipulation can be broken they would be the play of the century

Spot on fubar.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

456 members (1Longbow, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 222ND, 38 invisible), 2,162 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,392
Posts18,469,896
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.