Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Originally Posted by sackett
If you think you can do a better job of moving around 6 million packages a day like Fed Ex does, why not start your own shipping company?

I've been shipping and receiving for 30 years and have never seen such poor service as what we are seeing lately. Fedx has been at the bottom of the barrel longer than most too. The OP isn't whining. He expects better service, as we all should. Your defending fedx sounds like you work for them.

Nope never worked for them. Did work in shipping & receiving for a for a large company for a few years, so yes, I know how to play the shipping game to suite the company shipping the item.

And the amount of packages shipped from 30 years to today has grown how times more?

And how is the service that much different that it was 25 years ago only we can now see real-time tracking. Remember when you used to order something and they said 2-3 weeks for shipping? There was a reason for that. Because of people who think their package is the only one that count and expect their package to be delivered the next day, when they paid for up-to 3 days for delivery

GB4

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Oldman3
And exactly how many days did FedEx tell you it would take for delivery?

And if you had read my original post, I said delivery was suppose to be today, we'll see.

If I'm being 'whinney' because I make a statement about how I think a company is being inefficient, then mark me down as such. Hell send me a cap and I'll wear it.

Just so you'll know...... From Dallas area to the local terminal is due east on I-20 and believe it or not, I've seen Fedex 18 wheelers being driven on that road, some going east and some going west.

that isn't what I asked. I asked how long was the delivery time supposed to take? What did you pay for with regards to a delivery/shipping time? Overnight, 2 day, 3 day, ground, etc?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
If you think you can do a better job of moving around 6 million packages a day like Fed Ex does, why not start your own shipping company?

I'm paying their price for a service, so I have a right to expect what they advertise. If they don't like people telling the truth about them, that's their problem.

Nice try, first don't blame FedEx for not picking it up on time. Just because a label was created means they are going to have that package. If the label was created too late , well it's on the shipper, not the shipping company.

You are paying for a service, is it a guaranteed time? Or are you just being a whiny person?

And again, if you are so good at logistics, start your own shipping company. If you don't have the balls to do that, just sit back, chill and wait. Life is too short to be wound up over a package and if you get it today or tomorrow.

I was notified the label was printed at 9:05 am.... I guess Fedex doesn't pick up after 9:05 am in the Dallas area.

You are correct, I'm paying for a service that they claim they can deliver. If they cant deliver the service, as claimed, they need to stop making false statements.

Again, I paid their price for a service.

Now let me ask you a question..... If you went to a restaurant, looked at their menu (which is advertisement), paid their price for a steak meal, and they brought you a Peanut and Jelly sandwich instead, would you say anything?

The label was printed, that is all you know. Just because a label is made doesn't mean the package it ready to ship. It might not have been packaged and been ready to ship until 6PM that night. Buttt, because a label is made, the shipper will "cheat or lie" and say it was shipped when in fact it hasn't because they weren't ready. What does the tracking number show for label made, picked up, etc? Post a picture of it

As for picking up the package, depending on the location, Fed Ex might only stop at that exact location (Dallas area is an asinine statement to say) once a day, which means that it might wait another day. Why not complain about the shipper and have them tell you why it wasn't picked up that night? Again, blame the shipper or whomever created the label, don't blame the shipping company.

And exactly how many days did FedEx tell you it would take for delivery? Fedex doesn't automatically mean overnight.......

Interested to know your answer regarding the steak and peanut butter and jelly sandwich question.

Still waiting for what the OP ordered for a delivery? Overnight or ground select?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by Esox357
Went to a UPS store, asked what I was shipping?
You should have told 'em "none of your business".....

I will if I ever go back. Lazy biotch behind the desk didn't appear very motivated to do her job regardless.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

I'm paying their price for a service, so I have a right to expect what they advertise. If they don't like people telling the truth about them, that's their problem.

Nice try, first don't blame FedEx for not picking it up on time. Just because a label was created means they are going to have that package. If the label was created too late , well it's on the shipper, not the shipping company.

You are paying for a service, is it a guaranteed time? Or are you just being a whiny person?

And again, if you are so good at logistics, start your own shipping company. If you don't have the balls to do that, just sit back, chill and wait. Life is too short to be wound up over a package and if you get it today or tomorrow.

I was notified the label was printed at 9:05 am.... I guess Fedex doesn't pick up after 9:05 am in the Dallas area.

You are correct, I'm paying for a service that they claim they can deliver. If they cant deliver the service, as claimed, they need to stop making false statements.

Again, I paid their price for a service.

Now let me ask you a question..... If you went to a restaurant, looked at their menu (which is advertisement), paid their price for a steak meal, and they brought you a Peanut and Jelly sandwich instead, would you say anything?

The label was printed, that is all you know. Just because a label is made doesn't mean the package it ready to ship. It might not have been packaged and been ready to ship until 6PM that night. Buttt, because a label is made, the shipper will "cheat or lie" and say it was shipped when in fact it hasn't because they weren't ready. What does the tracking number show for label made, picked up, etc? Post a picture of it

As for picking up the package, depending on the location, Fed Ex might only stop at that exact location (Dallas area is an asinine statement to say) once a day, which means that it might wait another day. Why not complain about the shipper and have them tell you why it wasn't picked up that night? Again, blame the shipper or whomever created the label, don't blame the shipping company.

And exactly how many days did FedEx tell you it would take for delivery? Fedex doesn't automatically mean overnight.......

Interested to know your answer regarding the steak and peanut butter and jelly sandwich question.

Still waiting for what the OP ordered for a delivery? Overnight or ground select?

Sorry, getting my taxes together to take to the accountant..... 2 day- ground delivery

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rainshot
Insure it for over $!K and tell em it's medical equipment.

I have some meds that are shipped to my home and they always get here overnight. I'm notified by email that the meds shipped that day and they arrive the next. Must be some kind of priority shipping.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

I've been shipping and receiving for 30 years and have never seen such poor service as what we are seeing lately. Fedx has been at the bottom of the barrel longer than most too. The OP isn't whining. He expects better service, as we all should. Your defending fedx sounds like you work for them.

Nope never worked for them. Did work in shipping & receiving for a for a large company for a few years, so yes, I know how to play the shipping game to suite the company shipping the item.

And the amount of packages shipped from 30 years to today has grown how times more?

And how is the service that much different that it was 25 years ago only we can now see real-time tracking. Remember when you used to order something and they said 2-3 weeks for shipping? There was a reason for that. Because of people who think their package is the only one that count and expect their package to be delivered the next day, when they paid for up-to 3 days for delivery

Real time tracking isn't so real. Just the other day UPS had one of mine in limbo and after a call to the local office the lady there tells me what I'm seeing on the website has nothing to do with where the package is. In fact none of it was accurate according to her, she had access to better info than I did. Post office is the same and I won't ship with fedx due to ongoing blunders.

When I started my business in 1994 I could place an order with MSC today and have that order at my door tomorrow. That went away about 4 years ago, UPS being the carrier. The post office has declined rapidly in the past 2 years. Fedx seems to have always been 2nd rate. None of them are getting better. They need to step up and manage things better and a big part of that is hiring people that are willing and able to do the best they can and not just want to get paid.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Real time tracking isn't so real. Just the other day UPS had one of mine in limbo and after a call to the local office the lady there tells me what I'm seeing on the website has nothing to do with where the package is. In fact none of it was accurate according to her, she had access to better info than I did. Post office is the same and I won't ship with fedx due to ongoing blunders.

When I started my business in 1994 I could place an order with MSC today and have that order at my door tomorrow. That went away about 4 years ago, UPS being the carrier. The post office has declined rapidly in the past 2 years. Fedx seems to have always been 2nd rate. None of them are getting better. They need to step up and manage things better and a big part of that is hiring people that are willing and able to do the best they can and not just want to get paid and quit putting people in charge that have no management skills beyond what they learned in college.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Whenever I get asked I tell them "A Rubber Dick". One guy about pissed himself laughing.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not that it matters in this case.

But I’m leery of when things “ship”

Automated systems will notify things “shipped” on sundays. Or 2:15am. Other random times.

Then the “waiting to be picked up” begins.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I've had the best luck with UPS.

Fedex, and especially USPS, have both lost packages for extended periods or just made it a PITA to do business. They have all had a hell of a time the last year though.

If I pay for expedited delivery, next day/2 day etc..., I expect it. If I opt for the cheapest ground option, I usually don't worry if it takes 6 days, 10 days, whatever.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I use Priority Mail through the Postal Service. I have yet to have an issue shipping or receiving firearms or optics.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I use Priority Mail through the Postal Service. I have yet to have an issue shipping or receiving firearms or optics.

Count your blessings! You otta go buy a lottery ticket! grin

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E

Machined steel & wood parts.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I tried telling the clerk at the UPS store that the contents of the package was "none of your business". That didn't go over very well, so I told him the contents were machined parts. Didn't like that much better, so I told him that was all he needed to know. By that time he could see his line of questioning was getting no where fast so he took my money and gave me a receipt. When I ship a gun stock I always tell them that it's a "wood carving", that seems to satisfy their demand.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunswizard
I tried telling the clerk at the UPS store that the contents of the package was "none of your business". That didn't go over very well, so I told him the contents were machined parts. Didn't like that much better, so I told him that was all he needed to know. By that time he could see his line of questioning was getting no where fast so he took my money and gave me a receipt. When I ship a gun stock I always tell them that it's a "wood carving", that seems to satisfy their demand.

Should’ve told them it was a bag of dicks for your boyfriend

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (1936M71, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 160user, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,201 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,931
Posts18,479,940
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.