-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll add Joe Bonamassa in as another great guitarist but Knopfler is right there near the top with SRV.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Neal Schon from Journey can flat out play. He is way under rated.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
All this guitar talk and no mention of Albert Lee?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
G.E. Smith is, to be cliche', one of the most underrated guitarists ever. He's always generally been attached to backing bands like Dylan or Hall & Oates. Super humble guy too. Check it out.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Was really hoping Knopfler would pull out
a garden-shed variety 3 string shovel .. grin

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Dont forget some of the country boys can play...........

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Razorhog
Jimi Hendrix said Phil Keaggy. I agree. All mentioned except Cobain are really special but Phil Keaggy takes the cake in my opinion.

I think you guys are being too tough on Cobain. Sure, he wasn't technically proficient but he could come up with simple riffs that absolutely rocked.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Great great guitar player.
I must agree with this - - - - and then someone posted
Arguably the best guitarist ever.
and must say good luck with such an argument, because there are so many types, and styles, and great guitarists of various sorts - so never will that encompassing claim be settled.

Thanks for the OP. Very oood stuff from a master.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
A couple of greats.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Vidovic on a Redgate.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Believe it or not Charo was/is really good. Don Felder is ok too!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jimi Hendrix said Phil Keaggy. I agree. All mentioned except Cobain are really special but Phil Keaggy takes the cake in my opinion.
I think you guys are being too tough on Cobain. Sure, he wasn't technically proficient but he could come up with simple riffs that absolutely rocked.
Maybe I missed the comments, but did not see anyone say anything rough about Cobain as a guitar player. But, I will. His stuff is like coffee grounds compared to any one of a hundred guitar artists. And, those are not actually riffs in the original sense.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CCCC
Maybe I missed the comments, but did not see anyone say anything rough about Cobain as a guitar player. But, I will. His stuff is like coffee grounds compared to any one of a hundred guitar artists. And, those are not actually riffs in the original sense.

Cobain was a no talent hack. Should’ve used the shotgun sooner.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starman
Vidovic on a Redgate.
That guitar really speaks - quite full and vibrant - not a big hall, so can't figure why they used the double Bose setup in that situation. She is a very good and entertaining player, but still lacks the subtlety of phrasing and needed dynamics for a piece like that. Heard her do a Piazzolla and it was flavorful, but rhythmic steadiness absent at times. Seems to leap ahead once in a while where such is not in the vein. In older times the greats were more singular - Segovia, the Romeros, J. Williams as time passed - today there are so many fine classical players - some very young - time will sort them out.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Well he's got one video on YouTube with 1.2 BILLION views. Not too bad for a hack.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Well he's got one video on YouTube with 1.2 BILLION views. Not too bad for a hack.
As often said, there is no accounting for poor taste. How many such views do the vulgar rapper guys have - and are you impressed by those numbers to the point where you would praise them as well? Cobain had a niche due to the listening preferences of some fans - lots of them - and he was a junkie, and he offed himself - all of which seems to have added to his "mystique" and none of which made him a great guitarist.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eex1aqbfP08

Manitas de Plata--- "Little Silver Hands"

A Spanish gypsy Flamenco guitarist.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Danny Gatton was better than all of'em

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
There's many, many truly really good guitar players that we will never ever hear from. Your waiter in Nashville could be a unreal talented player and just hasn't had the break that he or she needed. Many of the truly greats, Vince Gill, and others have stated that they had great timing and luck. Les Paul himself was a absolute unreal gifted player but he was best known to be the first to develop mult tracking on records along with the solid body electric guitar. The Gibson Les Paul is known to be the most famous "rock" guitar ever but ask a Fender Stratocaster player if that's so...........Guitars are like guns. Lots of different types that make it interesting.

Have a good one!

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, beefan, 300_savage, 6 invisible), 1,432 guests, and 783 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,593
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.