"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I can tell you when you have a shipment of ammo show up and fills the shelf’s. People think they have to buy every available bullet on it. Some need it most don’t and others do it to gouge people. It’s people that causes it nothing else! People don’t learn from years past when times like what’s going on now has happened always stay ahead of the game not behind.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Scalpers:

https://www.texasguntalk.com/threads/fw-gun-show.103710/

"Just thought I’d share my experience of the Fort Worth gun show this weekend as I hadn’t been to one in about a year and a half.

The Bad -More ammo than I’ve even seen at a gun show and it was ALL price gouged. Shameful stuff.

The Good - Firearm selection was good, with fair prices across the board. Mostly modern offerings at fair prices. Not many of the tables with 10 old guns at exorbitant prices. Good surplus parts selections. No beanie baby or candle setups. The best thing was the aisles were about 50% wider than normal so you weren’t bumping into people all the time.

I didn’t buy anything, but did enjoy myself quite a bit and helped a friend that is looking for a new house gun at least get a chance to handle several candidates."

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Maybe it's time for someone to start an ammo manufacturing company. Raise some capital and buy the tooling, etc.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by gregintenn
. . .Stop buying from these jackholes and there will soon be ammo on the shelves again.

Well that's the biggest thing, but most talk out of one
side of their mouth about not paying gouge prices
all the time reaching for their credit card

It's been happening since the. 22 " shortage " some
years back, but every time I'd discuss it with someone
they'd get all indignant and swear up and down that
the gubmint was buying up the. 22 lr to keep us from
getting any of it. Any suggestion that regular people
would grab up all the ammo for themselves was too
far out of a notion for some to process I guess

IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by Buck720
I can tell you when you have a shipment of ammo show up and fills the shelf’s. People think they have to buy every available bullet on it. Some need it most don’t and others do it to gouge people. It’s people that causes it nothing else! People don’t learn from years past when times like what’s going on now has happened always stay ahead of the game not behind.

Yep, same deal as the last two "shortages"--which were also caused by political buying-panics.

This one will also disappear when those who believe they don't have "enough," buy enough to reduce their fears--or exceed their credit-card limit. At that point those who bought up a bunch of stuff to resell won't be able to sell for the price they bought it for.

It's a lot like the stock market, the ups and downs resulting from the classic combination of fear and greed.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Fairly good article on this in the recent NRA American Rifleman magazine.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by Buck720

At that point those who bought up a bunch of stuff to resell won't be able to sell for the price they bought it for.

VERY TRUE...

After the "Last Time" I picked up a pallet a 22 long rifle well below Market Value.

Split it up with a couple of friends.

The gougers were in a panic to sell. It was very satisfying.

But this one may be different.

Each man has to make his own decisions.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
People are buying and hoarding ammo. The factories can't keep up.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Also of note, Gun production is at such a pace that ammo production cannot keep up.

For example, Ruger, Prescott, is running two 12 hour shifts, 3:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. in their plants, 24 hours a day.

They are turning out 500 units of 5.7 a day. Not to mention all the other auto's they build there.

That pales in comparison that Glock is turning out 100,000+ units a month.

By the time these guns reach the retailer, they are flying off the shelves.

No end in sight that I can see anyways.

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Reading these constant posts about ammo and component shortages is no different than watching a house fly banging against a window all day. Let them out and they will come back in and try banging against the window again.

No mystery to the shortages, just puzzling why these idiots can’t see what is happening. You would think this is the first time this ever happened.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
A large amount of the population were to stupid to plan ahead but of course you cuckold dumb as see will still be wandering around with your beaks in the air

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'm guessing that most of the production goes to fill backorders. Many of the retailers don't even take backorders any more because they're so backed up that they can't handle any more. It's all sold long before it reaches them.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

As I said before .....ammo is the new toilet paper.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Let me tell you what happened to me yesterday. Was at BPS, they had 4 boxes of 100rd 45acp target loads..winchester. I just wanted one. I was waiting on associate, a girl pulls up with a stroller...was not even good lookin, gets on the phone I assume asking her hubby about ammo, associate finally comes up...I let her go first be all chivalrous....she got all 4 boxes of 45, I asked her and associate if I just have one of them. She just took them and walked away. I'll never hold a door open,etc for a woman again outside my wife or mother....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
well for one thing, government orders are shuttling a LOT of brass, primers, powder and bullets out of the sports part of the market. Component makers are putting those orders at the head of the line.
A lot of naïve folks will tell you it's 'market demands' due to a lot of new gun owners but that is mostly BS. This shortage was contrived, controlled and will continue.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gregintenn
There are old retired farts with nothing to do standing in every store waiting for something to be put on the shelf so they can scarf it up and resale it toy you at ridiculous prices on gunbroker or at the gun show. Stop buying from these jackholes and there will soon be ammo on the shelves again.

Maybe, but I think those guys are more likely to be welfare types. I retired almost eleven years ago, when I knew I’d have enough coming in that I wouldn't have to scramble for crumbs. The game they’re playing resembles work too much for me; get up early, commute to Whatamart, stand in line, then stand in line to pay, then on to the next one, weekends traveling to gun shows...... No thanks! I’m much too busy doing Pappy Stuff.

Be interesting to know how much they actually make after costs are considered, let alone the time invested. I suppose if you consider it a hobby, the time can be written off as recreation, but none of that seems like much “fun” to me. By comparison, picking up cans along the road or dumpster diving seems positively rewarding; at least you’d be movin’ your azz a bit. Maybe there's some special thrill they get from stickin’ to others.

What fresh Hell is this?
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
A lot of naïve folks will tell you it's 'market demands' due to a lot of new gun owners but that is mostly BS.

Yeah I don't buy that horse chit either. I might be inclined to believe that a flood of new gun buyers concerned for their safety caused a shortage of ammo in a few types like 9mm, 45 acp or .223, etc. But the main shortage in my area is hunting ammo in calibers like 7mm-08, 25-06 and even 30-30. Am I really expected to believe that 7 million new gun owners all went out and bought a lever action 30-30 as their first gun for home or personal defense? Or a bolt action 25-06? Really? I'd be scared to let a moron dumb enough to believe that horse chit drive me across town.

Last edited by Willto; 03/05/21.
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Ok guys I can understand the ammo and components shortage I guess but my nephew bought a 7-08 and is gonna reload. No dies available at that time anywhere he or I looked. You guys trying to say both people who bought a 7-08 bought up all the reloading dies on the internet. Gotta call bs on this and a lot of other things that are out of stock. Edk

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Demand exceeds production.

Kinda like peeps at Easter time.

After Easter you can get em 50% off at the DG.

Once Vista spools up Remington it should improve some...

ERK, maybe look for used dies?
But I was able to find higher demand dies in December.
I had lots of offers for 222 dies from guys on here around that time.

Last edited by OldmanoftheSea; 03/05/21.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

672 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 02bfishn, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 2,769 guests, and 1,393 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,725
Posts18,475,871
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.