Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#15865369 03/05/21
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
How many miles do you get with a pair of shoes or boots? What condition prompts you to junk ‘em?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I get about 1+ years out of my walking shoes, then they become yard shoes.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have shoes in the closet that are 30 years old. I have a number of pairs, and rotate them. They last and last and last.

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I show little wear of shoes I bought 20 years ago. I do rotate shoes, wearing a different one each day of perhaps five pairs, so the wear is spread out. I can't remember the last time I actually wore out a pair. Except for golf shoes, that is. I get about two years out of those, but that's over 100 rounds of golf walked, or 500+ miles.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Back when I started riding a bike I got about 4 miles to the first pair, I threw them away when my feet started to bleed.................................. we had gravel roads.....

I have a pair of boots in the closet older than my youngest daughter who is 36..........................

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
IC B2

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Never wear same pair two days in a row, and should be years to wear out.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Boots are only used in cold/ snow and usually last at least 3-4 years before the soles are getting slick. My current Salomons XD GTX are in their 3 rd year and are as good as new, didn't get but about 20 days use thks year. My everyday hiking/jogging shoes are Altra trail runners and they get semi=retired about at about 300 miles and become everyday shoes.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought only chicks changed shoes every day unless your doing something different, learn something new every day here

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If worn on pavement or angular gravel they wear much faster than if worn on grass, rounded gravel or trails.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
When they just get too shabby looking, they get replaced with new ones and the old pair are assigned lawn care duty. Or if there is a structural failure, like the sole separating from the upper.
Used to be a shoe repair shop nearby that's been closed for awhile. The old-timer there would re-sole shoes for a fraction of the cost of new ones.

I had a pair of cowboy boots from my dad's rodeo days (late 1940s!) that were handed down to me. Between dad and I, they were re-soled two or three times. They lasted more than 20 years, but by the early 70's I had outgrown them anyway.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I get about 9 months out of pair of New Balance 510s. I walk down to the mail box and back every day - about 2.6 miles, plus daily activity. It is all gravel. I change them when there is little tread left in the center of the sole.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
If worn on pavement or angular gravel they wear much faster than if worn on grass, rounded gravel or trails.

Can you go into more detail explaining the physics of that.😁

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Depends on how many times I get them resoled.

When the leather uppers can't be repaired, then they get junked.

My sandals are another story. They discontinued the model I have now. I've worn the soles down pretty far, going into the midsole in places. Worn a hole in the closed toe area on one of them also. Don't think they'll last much into their 5th summer, have to find a suitable alternative somehow, which won't be easy.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mirage243

I think it has something to do with Ohm's law?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by mirage243

I think it has something to do with Ohm's law?

BAHHHHH HAHAHAHA!

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Well, times are tuff and I like to get all the mileage I can out of a pair. Went to a couple shoe stores today and got a bit of a shock. $70-90 for a pair of tennis shoes. Fug that, I kept lookin' and finally found some at store #3 for about $27, so I felt better. So do my feet.

I think I got my money's worth out of these. Used to be dress shoes, then they spent about 10 years working for a living.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

They're still comfortable long and I didn't step on a sharp stick, pine cone or maybe a rattlebug. They suck when the grass is wet.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LIve in Whites Boots and get 2 to 2 1/2 years from a pair before doing a rebuild.

1Minute
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I hate buying shoes

Only last about a year and I have only limited choices to pick from. It’s either the LeBron James aisle or I get a lucky score on the dorkasaurus clearance shelf. crazy

Got these babies last week.

In/out of the store in 10 minutes. 💥

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
So, your name is really Bigfoot?

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Depends on how many times I get them resoled.

When the leather uppers can't be repaired, then they get junked.

My sandals are another story. They discontinued the model I have now. I've worn the soles down pretty far, going into the midsole in places. Worn a hole in the closed toe area on one of them also. Don't think they'll last much into their 5th summer, have to find a suitable alternative somehow, which won't be easy.

Boomers getting their velcro E-Tonics resoled

HAHAHA

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (1936M71, 1lessdog, 257Bob, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,159 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,663
Posts18,493,629
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.