Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T

Need a new refrigerator. Wife wants water and ice dispenser in the door. I want dead-nuts reliability.

I'm seeing Samsung in stores all over town.

Would it be in your top-3 list if you were buying now?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Both of my daughters have Samsung fridges, and are pleased with them. On the other hand a repairman told us recently that, while Samsung does make a good product, replacement parts have become very hard to come by.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ask her if she thinks it's a good idea to clean out the ice cube tray from time to time.

Then ask her how she plans to clean and sanitize the dispenser. It's a lot more trouble than it's worth IMHO.

Then again she might just come back and say, " You can do that.". 😄

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 03/05/21.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
A friend has one.
Three years in and they are in their second insurance claim for ruined food.
\
Someone gets "THE LEMON" of every brand they got theirs

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Stick with Whirlpool or Maytag. Even the guys that sell the Korean appliances tell me that they wouldn’t buy one. I’ve had bad luck with Samsung and LG. In fact our Samsung fridge is needing repair for the refrigerator compressor (I think). It has the freezer on bottom, pull out drawer in the middle and fridge on top. It’s 8 years old so maybe I shouldn’t complain but I expect more from a $3000+ refrigerator.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The wife sells appliances, her opinion is Samsung and LG are pretty much disposable. She gets calls practically every day from folks that bought them from big box stores and can’t find anybody to repair them. Plus, as mentioned, parts for anything appliances wise are hit and miss now.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

We were over to a friends house for dinner earlier this week. She has had two icemakers fail on a Samsung fridge in a fairly short time.

Icemakers in refrigerator doors are a bad idea in general. I would only consider one if buying a side by side (icemaker in the freezer side eliminates a lot of the issues but still not fool proof).

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When I was shopping them about 5 years ago Samsung was def not dead nuts reliable.

A $3000 fridge taking a shĂŽt in 3 years is not what I consider a good badge of reliability.

There were pages and pages and many sites with people griping about major issues with them at the time.

No probs with my whirlpool, American jobs. Mine says made in USA

I won’t ever buy a Samsung product again after $1000 wash machine only lasted barely 4 years. I went got a new whirlpool washer for what the computer board cost to replace the Samsung and that was with me doing the work.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Daughter has one, only one issue in 5 years. When they installed it it was not set at the right level, they need to be a leaning back a bit for the defrost cycle to drain and work correctly. Theirs wasn't. The fan on the defrost cycle/heat grid was making noise from ice build up. Handyman Dad defrosted the fridge and set it to the correct level. It hasn't froze up since. This is probably an issue with most new fridges, not just Samsung.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The samsung I had was a pos! 4 years and 3 repairs

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T

Knew I'd get some real world test reviews here.

And I've never been impressed with the Samsung washer/driers I've seen in people's homes. Way too intricate for my liking.

Whirlpool is looking better to me now.

T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by JimInAK

Icemakers in refrigerator doors are a bad idea in general.

My wife isn't going to fix the jams. Why would she think they're a bad idea?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tjm10025

And I've never been impressed with the Samsung washer/driers I've seen in people's homes. Way too intricate for my liking.

Yup

I tried to be mr high tech redneck and got the SilverCare ion plate dispersal, energy smart, low flow water so I could be kind to our septic system, blah blah blah

It was an overpriced piece of crap. It technically still worked but it would screw you over and not proceed to spin cycle about every other 3rd wash. Have to hang around and babysit the fugger. If it was an analog timer dial, I wouldve sucked up $50 and went to appliance warehouse and got a part. But it was a motherboard type deal

Hell with it

I gave to a lady that her apt burned down said she didnt mind checking it occasionally and bumping the dial manually. Fine, glad she could use it.

I went to Lowes and got a scratch n dent whirlpool top loader for $230 and it’s been fine for 5 years so far.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Beoceorl
Both of my daughters have Samsung fridges, and are pleased with them. On the other hand a repairman told us recently that, while Samsung does make a good product, replacement parts have become very hard to come by.

I heard the same from the local repair shop owners.
Instead of replacing low cost basic parts, there are expensive proprietary circuit boards that are way over priced. If I were selling a house, I would likely replace my old one with a new one for buyer desire, but have no reason to do that for myself.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Avoid Samsung fridges. Less than 3 years and the ice maker doesn’t work for the door. Stupid design with upper ice maker sharing the warmer refrigerator space so it constantly ices up and has to be manually defrosted (read beat the ice out by hand or use a hair dryer). I’m not sure what a better option there is but it has to be better than Samsung. Wife had to have the drawer bottom freezer and here we are with this POS. It’s about to go to the basement to make a very expensive beer fridge.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Samsung sucks. All of their stuff...............SUCKS.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Yup

I tried to be mr high tech redneck and got the SilverCare ion plate dispersal, energy smart, low flow water so I could be kind to our septic system, blah blah blah

It was an overpriced piece of crap. It technically still worked but it would screw you over and not proceed to spin cycle about every other 3rd wash. Have to hang around and babysit the fugger. If it was an analog timer dial, I wouldve sucked up $50 and went to appliance warehouse and got a part. But it was a motherboard type deal

Hell with it

I gave to a lady that her apt burned down said she didnt mind checking it occasionally and bumping the dial manually. Fine, glad she could use it.

I went to Lowes and got a scratch n dent whirlpool top loader for $230 and it’s been fine for 5 years so far.
Fu ckin' A.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
My son in law owns a home appliance repair business. He and his techs make approximately 150 repairs calls per week.

If you ask him which brands to avoid, Samsung is the top of the list. Ask him what brand to buy, he answers with three words:

Maytag, Whirlpool, Amana

Simple as that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Buddy on here had one I think he would pass on another.

PM adrianrog

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Break out the check book and get a Sub Zero.

NRA Patron
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 61 invisible), 2,209 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,112
Posts18,502,295
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.