Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Lucky enough to attend a school with a pretty good athletic history. My wrestling team won just about everything you can win during my time there. My Jr year we were ranked #3 in the country. Pretty good considering this school only graduates 75 kids a year. Tiny school with a rich tradition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulsboro_High_School

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Class AAAA Spelling Bee Champs

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by FishinHank
My uncle ran a 4:24 on a cinder track back in the day. That was a true mile too

I only made it to the 100 yd dash Regional finals as a senior but when I looked at the other runners from my outside 8th lane position, I realized I was the only cracker running. And I finished 8th as well. crazy

Our mile relay did qualified for state when I was a junior and one of the regulars was injured so I was the substitute for the 1st leg - I hated running the quarter mile. We took 5th overall in class B in the state of Michigan that year.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
I made it to 'states' on our high school ROTC Rifle Team...

If you can imagine a time when schools had rifle teams....

Quite a few still do. KOFA High School in Yuma AZ has a great Marine Corps JROTC rifle team , very active and well-equipped, they travel quite a bit and bring home the gold quite frequently.

[Linked Image]
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Wrestling and golf.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I qualified 3 years in a row for 100,200 and high hurdles and half mile relay. and 2 years throwing discus. When there each year I felt fortunate that I obviously was in a very slow district.
Lots of fun though

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My partner and I won for land leveling in FFA my junior year, forgot about that.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Won the state high school archery championship my junior year (1979).

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tpcollins
Originally Posted by FishinHank
My uncle ran a 4:24 on a cinder track back in the day. That was a true mile too

I only made it to the 100 yd dash Regional finals as a senior but when I looked at the other runners from my outside 8th lane position, I realized I was the only cracker running. And I finished 8th as well. crazy

Our mile relay did qualified for state when I was a junior and one of the regulars was injured so I was the substitute for the 1st leg - I hated running the quarter mile. We took 5th overall in class B in the state of Michigan that year.

The 600 is the absolute worse. Be glad you only had to run a 400

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
State Chorus!!! Much later in life, I did become a state, national, and world record holder in weightlifting.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by jnyork
Originally Posted by ingwe
I made it to 'states' on our high school ROTC Rifle Team...

If you can imagine a time when schools had rifle teams....

Quite a few still do. KOFA High School in Yuma AZ has a great Marine Corps JROTC rifle team , very active and well-equipped, they travel quite a bit and bring home the gold quite frequently.

Good to know. My five man team brought home more trophies than ALL the other teams combined, football, basketball etc....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I went to State in swimming. 50 & 100 yard free, 100 yard fly and 400 yard medley.

Our son was a nationally rated Quarterback and placed 5th overall in the Topgun showcase in South Carolina.

Our daughter has all the makings of a standout player in either softball or volleyball.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Twice in wrestling, football coach was garbage, after playing my freshman year, I decided huntin was more important. Glad I did it.

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never as a team but was All State Linebacker my Senior year. Made finals in 800m my Junior year, but blew my ankle out my senior year playing basketball when I came down with a rebound and landed all fooked up. Held school record of about 10 years.

Still made All district as a first baseman my senior year as I could hit the long ball that didn’t require a lot of running.

Finished district baseball on Thursday and started basic at Fort Jackson the following week.

CK
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I was a swimmer. We won 4 straight state championships in 84, 85, 86 and 87, runner up my senior year in 1988. I won 3 individual titles, one in 1987 and two in 1988.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My son made it to state finals as captain of his science olympiad team.
My daughter made it to state finals in cross country.

Both times my wife had to drive a team of teen agers for 5 hours to the event.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by dale06
I made it to state (Kansas) in the FFA entomology contest.

Did it bug you that you didnt win 1st place?

;-)

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by hunter4623
Lucky enough to attend a school with a pretty good athletic history. My wrestling team won just about everything you can win during my time there. My Jr year we were ranked #3 in the country. Pretty good considering this school only graduates 75 kids a year. Tiny school with a rich tradition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulsboro_High_School

Yes it is.

I didnt wrestle but my buddies did. We were always very good.

Paulsboro was on another level.

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by benchman
and world record holder in weightlifting.

That deserves a quote. I cannot fathom the amount of work that must go into something like that.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by hunter4623
Lucky enough to attend a school with a pretty good athletic history. l

"pretty good". lol

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

99 members (6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, achlupsa, 35, 5 invisible), 1,535 guests, and 826 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,323
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.