-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Depends on if there's a HOCKEY game on that night. And the wife is watching her programs. Sometimes I don't get to start the game until 10PM.

But, however many hours I get, I always seem to need more. Given no chickens to feed at sunup, or dogs to care for, paycheck to earn, etc etc I'd sleep until I woke naturally. Which, given my experience would be 8-10 hours. Doesn't happen much in today's world.

So, I'm going to take a nap now to catch up.

Because I can.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

3-4 hours every night

And No goddamm “naps”

Redneck diesels, crackwhore with a dodge magnum across the holler going to get pills, my dogs, dogs down the road, trash pandas, more barking, PTSD harley davidson guy playing Luke Bryan 115 decibels on his road king at 1am, 160th SOAR Nighthawks flying NV tree top height, my college age kids making omelets at 3am, pissing a couple times.

Sheesh

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
6 to 8 per night depending on when I go to bed. I am up at 5 every day and get ready to fish around 6 weather permitting.

living the good life every day
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I feel better I'm not alone. lol. Five hours seems to be the magic number for me, it's the 3-4 hours for three night in a row that really fcks with my body. I think I will go for a sleep study...I can't imagine how I'm going to fall asleep under those conditions. Do they give you an Ambien to help you sleep? Or does that defeat the purpose?

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Never enough sleep for me. I should just face the facts and live with about 5 hours a night. If I fall asleep after supper for an hour, I usually can go back by 10. Then I wake up at 3-4AM and that’s it for me. Despite how much I try to go back, I eventually just get up and make the coffee.
In the summer, it’s not bad, as it gives me a jump on getting something started, but it sucks in the winter when it is still dark at 7 and too freakin cold to go out.
Always figured that when I retired, I could sleep in a bit, but I guess my biological alarm is still stuck in the same mode as it was when I was working. One would think after 7 years of retirement, thing would change, but no.

NRA Life Member

"You might as well be wrong, as be right and not know it"
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
5 to 6 hours if I’m lucky.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I ran for years on 5-6 hours. Now I shoot for 8. Doesn’t always happen, but it’s glorious when it does.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
What is this sleep thing you speak of? It has escaped me for years. I hate to admit this but I am on meds and I take one flexeril and zolpidem once a week and crash out for 8 hours , the rest of the week 3-5 max, many nights none . Getting old ain't for wimps!

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I notice quite a few people smoke a big fatty before bed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am stuck in farmer and military mode. Farmer - most days 9:00 pm to 4:00 am. Military - can take a power nap (15-20 minutes) any time of the day.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Routine, exercise, labor and low carbs. Get a good mattress that is on line with how you sleep.

I occasionally get 6-7 hours, but am up at 2-3 AM a lot. Just gives me more time on my feet.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Usually in bed by 10:30-11:00 , up @ 6 . With 2 pizz`rs . 7-7 1/2 hrs is normal for me.
Sometimes more,sometimes less .

Yesterday was a history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.. that's why we call it "present"!!!
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I only have trouble sleeping when I have a problem to sort out. I seem to wake up and start thinking and problem solving.
When I was in Construction I had alot of nights staring at the ceiling...way more relaxed now.
Up at 4:30am every morning, no alarm clock. 7hrs of sleep is good for me.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For years I tried to get 6 hours of sleep every night. Now that I am getting older I am trying to get 8 hours of sleep a night.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I get enough, mostly too early in the evening, awake too early.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
19 years of night shift have me messed permanently messed up. I sleep for a few hours then I’m up.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Usually six to seven hours but the dogs get me up early. Having to pizz a time or two during the night doesn't help.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
6 to 7 and I do lay down at midday. We currently have a new puppy who gets me up in the middle of the night.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My sleep is screwed up for years. Worked graveyard shift for over 20 years, then retired. Always worked a 2nd job days. Maybe I get a total of 4 or 5 hours total in two times. I go to reloading room and work on ammo. I would love to sleep all night. INSOMNIA is not your friend.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
The last 5 years has been a rollercoaster for me. I now get these spells of insomnia that last about a week or so, where I'm only getting about 3-4 hours of sleep, some times less. shocked I just recently retired at the age of 59. It's impossible for me to sleep or nap during the day, which really sucks...I am jealous of People who can nap during the day. Besides meds, and punching the Clown, lol, any helpful tips for insomnia? Thank you.

I find what often helps is to leave the TV on. What I actually do when this is an issue is just play episode after episode of the old Andy Griffith Show that's free on Prime. They will play back to back without you having to do anything. I'm usually asleep before the end of the first episode. But it's important not to try to sleep. Actually lay in bed and attempt to stay awake and follow the story line, even if your eyes are closed.

Oh God. Not me! My wife is a "TV on sleeper" and there is no way I can sleep if it's on. Many nights, I'll shut if off and she'll eventually have to go to the living room and sleep on the couch with the TV on.

I have a CPAP and that helps but I still have terrible insomnia.

I.e. posting on the 'fire at 3:54 am.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

746 members (16gage, 16Racing, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 71 invisible), 2,550 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,842
Posts18,478,185
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.