Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
'Twas only a matter of time.

As with all govt heavy-handedness, the 4473 is becoming a bad joke.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/...enderqueers-non-binary-option-form-4473/

by S.H. BLANNELBERRY on MARCH 4, 2021
Related Tags: Buzz, Industry News

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Form 4473s now include the option of “non-binary” in the box that inquires about the transferee’s sex. (Photo: BBC Three)
Genderqueers now have the option to check “non-binary” on Form 4473s.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) put out a notice to the public to revise the Firearms Transaction Record (4473) in December of 2019.

Included in the proposed revision was language to amend Section 14, which asks about the transferee’s sex.

Traditionally, there were only two options: “Male” and “Female.”

However, “Non-Binary,” a third option, was added to the “Sex” box (Section 14) as part of that latest update.

Historically, government agencies have resisted adding a non-binary option in order to avoid confusion when trying to identify an individual.

But in 2017, Oregon became the first state to offer a non-binary option on state IDs, and at least nine other states have followed suit. The federal government has joined that trend.

The change was finalized after the customary 60-day comment period from the public, which ran into the early months of 2020.

Section 14 on current 4473s now reads as follows:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
If you don’t have a penis or a vagina how do they go pee pee. I’m just a deplorable looking for answers. Edk

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Oh good...next time I buy a gun, I'll check that box.

I check a different box for race every time I buy one....since .gov are the only ones allowed to ask that question.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And naturally the overwhelming vast majority of the population has to accommodate the point zero zero something percent of the population that whines that they need special treatment over something as insignificant and stupid as this. After all; we don't want to OFFEND anyone.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am going to start checking that box.

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
If you can't get your head aligned with the plumbing you were given...maybe you are already disqualified on question number 6, or 21 f, mental disorder?

Last edited by flintlocke; 03/06/21.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe

I check a different box for race every time I buy one....since .gov are the only ones allowed to ask that question.

........... Good idea. I've joked about "identifying" as something I'm not when filling out 4473's . I think I'll start getting serious about it, seeing as how anyone now seems free to "identify" as any damn thing they want. Now the next time I fill a 4473 out my only decision will be if I'm female or non-binary.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Becoming a bad joke?

As in since 1968?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When my first was born and I was filling out the birth record paper work, I checked every damn box they had for race and ethnicity, except white. laugh

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That might get you in Dutch for putting in false info. “Sex” seems to be the only characteristic that is currently a matter of choice. They seem to be breaking new ground by using “Sex” instead of gender, more mayhem perpetrated on the language.

Been thinking of going back to school and signing up for the womens’ volleyball team. Looks like fun. Can’t bend or flex very well or jump; think that’ll be a problem? Maybe intramural. Everyone gets a trophy there.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
so does marking a box in a less than factual manner constitute a prosecutable act?

Sam......

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
None of the non binary folks I’ve ever seen would go within ten miles of a gun.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It's been on there for months now. Checking that box instantly disqualifies anyone when I run a background check, as, in my opinion, they've already admitted to being mentally incompetent, although I haven't had anyone try it yet.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Godogs57
None of the non binary folks I’ve ever seen would go within ten miles of a gun.

There was a tranny that ran a gun shop in Tucson actually when I lived there. Certainly surprised me. Was a good store though

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348

That might get you in Dutch for putting in false info. “Sex” seems to be the only characteristic that is currently a matter of choice. They seem to be breaking new ground by using “Sex” instead of gender, more mayhem perpetrated on the language.

Been thinking of going back to school and signing up for the womens’ volleyball team. Looks like fun. Can’t bend or flex very well or jump; think that’ll be a problem? Maybe intramural. Everyone gets a trophy there.

Shouldn't.

Not a doc, or a scientist.
Hell, I was solidly in the 1/3 of my high school class.
Bottom third.

But, as hard as race can be to determine,
ever I can figure out and prove gender in 20 seconds.
Hole or Hanger?
Done.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 03/06/21.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not a lawyer, but events of the last few years would indicate that white dudes(and dudettes) receive pretty much zero slack on pretty much everything. Everyone else? No problemo! (Whoops, cultural appropriation!)

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I am going to start checking that box.

Haven't you already been adjudicated mentally defective?

Why do that to yourself again?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The left is all about "follow the science" except where it comes to gender. Amazing ain't it?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Who the Fxxx cares? Like seriously. Check whatever box you want. Whatever skin color you want. The more people buying guns and appreciating the second amendment, the better. As a gun culture, we should be catering to these typically leftist genres. Show them the value of firearms and we might not be facing all this BS gun control crap right now. I'll dress in drag and teach classes to these people, let's get them on our side. I value our gun rights way to much to let someone's clothes or hair style or sexual choices to matter. I learned a long time ago, the hard way in many instances, not to judge a book by its cover.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1beaver_shooter, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 65 invisible), 2,456 guests, and 1,350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,446
Posts18,470,944
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.