Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
https://www.ammoland.com/2021/03/ho...gun-registry-gop-on-board/#axzz6oN2uLVyO

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2021/03/ho...gun-registry-gop-on-board/#ixzz6oN354yI1
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Washington, DC – -(AmmoLand.com)- You can’t compromise with evil.

By next week, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi will move to place you and your family on a National Gun Registry. Legislation that Pelosi is pushing hard will be voted on in the House of Representatives.

But sadly, GOA has received reports from pro-gun congressmen that some Republicans are looking to “clean up” the bill and make it palatable.

Never mind the words “shall not be infringed.”

We have to tell every single Republican representative that we will not tolerate any moves to “clean up” H.R. 8 and H.R. 1446.

We want House Republicans to send Pelosi a unified message saying, “We will not support your desecration of the Second Amendment nor your attempts to limit the rights of gun owners around the country.”

So please click on “Take Action Now” to send an important message to every Republican legislator in the U.S. House of Representatives. Tell them to NOT “clean up” this bill to make gun control slightly more palatable. For years, the ATF has flaunted the law by using its annual inspection of dealers to illegitimately photograph and take information on gun owners — and the guns they own — from the Form 4473’s held by the dealers.

Of course, this is blatantly illegal. And yet, even though ATF has all this information on you — presumably in a format it can readily retrieve — there is still a significant obstacle toward consolidating this into a national gun registry.

That obstacle is: Private transactions not conducted through dealers don’t have 4473’s. The ATF has no way of snooping into these transactions — YET.

This is where the Pelosi-backed H.R. 8 comes in: It would require Brady Checks through dealers — and 4473’s — on virtually every private firearms transaction in the country.

And guess what? Now they will have a national gun registry that will tell them who you are, where you live, and what guns you own.

An accompanying bill — H.R. 1446 — would allow the newly required Brady Check to be dragged out for up to twenty days or more. And, after waiting for weeks and petitioning the FBI, even if there was NOTHING AGAINST YOU, you would NEVER be legally entitled to have your gun delivered to you. NEVER!

Again, please take just a second right now to email the entire Republican caucus. No matter who your Representative is, this is a special effort to tell EVERY REPUBLICAN in the U.S. House of Representatives that they must stay unified in opposing every bit of gun control.

If the House passes these bills with tons of Republican support, guess what message that sends to squishy Republicans in the other chamber? You guessed it. GOP Senators will be more likely to support the bill — which means we may not have enough votes to filibuster the legislation!

That’s why it’s imperative that we keep House Republicans from supporting this legislation in the House. So please click on the Take Action Now button right away!

TAKE ACTION NOW

In liberty,

Michael Hammond
Legislative Counsel
Gun Owners of America

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
If you buy NFA items you’re already on a list. And despite rules against it, I guarantee the gov keeps a list from 4473 transactions. All that digital data doesn’t get deleted.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The UNIPARTY, is alive and well.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well we can say to all the Democrat's that are gun owners maybe it's time they step up to the plate. Because believe me we need a whole lot more then just Republicans to right this ship on 2A.

Something else for you all to think about is those of you that have supported the likes of Meat Eater, BHA, OnX Maps, and the list goes on but you get the drift! Oh right you probably don't get the drift seeing you support them. It is very hard to steer clear of every anti 2A and hunting companies but it isn't hard to weed out the wolves in sheep's clothes in the 2A and Hunting industry. The very least we should be sending them all a very loud and clear message that we will not tolerate or support them in any way period! It is really sad when SCI is even in cahoots with the likes. Talk about us being our own worst enemy!

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 03/06/21.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
If you buy NFA items you’re already on a list. And despite rules against it, I guarantee the gov keeps a list from 4473 transactions. All that digital data doesn’t get deleted.

Exactly.

I don't eat anything that didn't have a mother.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've had people argue with me, people supposedly in the know that the 4473 data does get deleted.

I don't believe it for a second. I can't speak to the extent of what data is retained but knowing what we know about our government, this data is stored somewhere, indefinitely.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Well we can say to all the Democrat's that are gun owners maybe it's time they step up to the plate. Because believe me we need a whole lot more then just Republicans to right this ship on 2A.

Something else for you all to think about is those of you that have supported the likes of Meat Eater, BHA, OnX Maps, and the list goes on but you get the drift! Oh right you probably don't get the drift seeing you support them. It is very hard to steer clear of every anti 2A and hunting companies but it isn't hard to weed out the wolves in sheep's clothes in the 2A and Hunting industry. The very least we should be sending them all a very loud and clear message that we will not tolerate or support them in any way period! It is really sad when SCI is even in cahoots with the likes. Talk about us being our own worst enemy!

I agree with much of what you said but good luck getting Democrat gun owners to “step up to the plate.” Owning a gun doesn’t make you pro 2A or somebody that believes in our constitution. Democrats are tied to there ideology above all else. Stalin owned guns. Even Nancy Pelosi owns guns and a has a concealed carry. It’s us and our guns that they want and the rank and file gun owning Fudd Democrat will fall inline with whatever the party wants.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rules don’t apply to the elites. Folks should know that by now.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by steve4102
The UNIPARTY, is alive and well.

Who are these "Republicans" supporting this bill? People need to know so they can work hard to primary those traitors.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
They won't stop until all of us that own firearms are criminals for simply having them.

LOL
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And folks wonder why guns and ammo are in short supply atm.

Yup.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KFWA
I've had people argue with me, people supposedly in the know that the 4473 data does get deleted.

I don't believe it for a second. I can't speak to the extent of what data is retained but knowing what we know about our government, this data is stored somewhere, indefinitely.

Just go talk to any gun store owner and ask them about ATF Agents coming in and taking pictures of 4473's. They have a file going somewhere.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Politicians.

Hope they still think it's worth it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Just remember face to face private sales are still legal..

" I sold all my guns..."

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

There is no digital data from a 4473. All of them that I have tendered from sales are still in my possession & never got digitally transferred to any computer, anywhere. Not even my own. Not a requirement for an FFL.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Reloder28

There is no digital data from a 4473. All of them that I have tendered from sales are still in my possession & never got digitally transferred to any computer, anywhere. Not even my own. Not a requirement for an FFL.

They can ask for them at any time.

Combine that with NICS checks and credit card use, and they don't really need your 4473's.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Reloder28

You must turn in your log book and 4473's when you cease business or give up your FFL

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Registration is confiscation on the layaway plan...

Does anyone believe data on a form is deleted in this Information Age

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

They can ask for them at any time.

Combine that with NICS checks and credit card use, and they don't really need your 4473's.

And I can guarantee you they keep the NICS info for a loooooong time...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 1badf350, 007FJ, 1936M71, 63 invisible), 3,161 guests, and 1,341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,372
Posts18,469,290
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.