Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
TRexF16 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image from coueswhitetail.com]

They're going nuts over at CouesWhitetail.Com. 38 pages so far on the "WTF-is-up-with-the-AZ-Elk-Draw" thread, AKA "Tick Tock."
Tick Tock

I guess we just wait. Last year they hit the cards the morning after the update deadline. I reckon they just couldn't deal with success.
Recall the reason AZ went to the early draw for elk and goats was to get the results out before all the other western states deadlines occurred - a noble effort to help folks who draw one of these precious AZ tags from ending up "double booked" in another western state. Well, Utah's deadline was today and anyone waiting to hear the results of their AZ draw before deciding how to handle their Utah draw is SOL. I am disappointed in AZGFD this year.

Regards,
Rex

Last edited by TRexF16; 03/05/21.
GB1

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
LMAO-ROTF

I'd be happy in 4B.. grin cool

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I'm like a kid at Christmas, I keep checking under the tree (my credit card account) to see if a new present showed up...

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My youngest and i waited to the last minute for Utah. We will see if he can make it 3 years in a row for a deer tag. Me i have 4 points and still have not drawn a tag. I was suprised about the price increase for application fees and the tag as well. Hope results come out before NM is due....

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Its an absolute mess.
Took me 6 calls to get my two grandsons put under their dads portal even though they had jr licenses last year.
I also am putting in one of them in for Utah and both of them in for NM. Pretty hard to do when a lot of the dates are the same time.

I've also 1403 texts from them asking Grandpa did we get our youth elk tags? Why not!!
Maybe I should give the kids AZGFD phone number so a 11 and 13 year old can ask them why adults can't get this figured out.

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Soo, there’s still a chance? I just figured I struck out.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a hacked card with 3 elk/antelope apps going. Super. Thanks AZGFD. I do hope they give us a chance to update or draw tomorrow

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Luck to all ya!! Wanna follow along,

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by huntinaz
I have a hacked card with 3 elk/antelope apps going. Super. Thanks AZGFD. I do hope they give us a chance to update or draw tomorrow

That sucks. I've had my cards hacked a couple times over the past 4 years. I always think about that this time of year during the AZ draw.

TRexF16 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I read somewhere (and have NO verification this is true) that they may now be targeting 01 April, the day before tags are supposed to be mailed out, as the day they make the final announcement. FWIW, that is also the Montana Deer/Elk deadline. So how many other states' elk draw deadlines are they planning to overtake?

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Wouldn't shock me. But I suspect it will be before that.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Double tap.

- Greg

TRexF16 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
This came in my email last night:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
PHOENIX — The Arizona Game and Fish Department (AZGFD) is asking hunters for a bit more patience as staff continues to process a record number of draw applications for 2021 elk and pronghorn hunt permit-tags, as well as validate bonus points.

In recent years, AZGFD would have been expected to make draw results available by this time. This year, hunters submitted more than 170,000 draw applications, shattering last year’s record of more than 153,000. Another record: More than 214,000 applicants either applied for hunts or bonus points, compared to 194,000-plus in 2020.

As a result of the increased workload, hunters should know that AZGFD remains committed to ensuring the accuracy of draw results and providing quality customer service. The department will announce on its website and social media channels when draw results become available. All hunt permit-tags will be mailed by April 2.

In the meantime, some customers may not be able to view personal data (such as bonus points, submitted applications, bonus points, license purchases) in their AZGFD portal account at this time. AZGFD expects to resolve this inconvenience once the draw process has been completed and hunt permit-tags are issued. As a reminder, a customer’s receipt is verification that their application was received by the department.

AZGFD is aware that hunters are anxious to find out if an elk or pronghorn hunt permit-tag will have their name on it. To that point, there is no need to contact the department about draw results. Once again, AZGFD appreciates the patience and support of its valued customers.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

It bothers me that this is so disingenuous. To imply that the number of applicants is the sole reason for the delay without acknowledging any technical "challenges" is totally false, for the simple reason that though they have a record number of applicants for elk and pronghorn, it is still less the the deer draw, which they routinely handle.
They should be more up front with the true nature of the problem(s).

Rex

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Aint that grand!

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Waiting patiently.
I don’t know if they do this by hand or if have a computer system that does this. Think computers in 2021

Last edited by Dre; 03/09/21.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I saw an email where they said the old system did not "roll" into the new one. Said 2 more weeks minimum. Email was 2 weeks ago Saturday. I guess they are gand entering. They need to have a fix on place to update your card up to the day of draw due to the hacking issue

Last edited by dennisinaz; 03/11/21.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
They're allowing cards to be updated through Friday, the 12th....

- Greg

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GregW
They're allowing cards to be updated through Friday, the 12th....

Here is a link from AZGFD:
https://www.azgfd.com/azgfd-offers-final-opportunity-to-update-credit-card-information/

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Well F'me, all my choices for elk and antelope were 4b...

Kent

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by krp
Well F'me, all my choices for elk and antelope were 4b...

Kent

The infamous 4b Kent!...grin

- Greg

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

272 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 2500HD, 1eyedmule, 22 invisible), 1,778 guests, and 1,056 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,389
Posts18,469,819
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.