Hop To
Page 5 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 27 28
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Boonechaser
Not sure if already stated but sending ammo via USPS is a felony

Whats your point? Just feel the need to be involved?

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Op. Consider yourself luckybu r getting refunded. Had the same instance happen with a set of dies (flat rate box, no tape, came empty) The seller claimed it wasn't his problem and all of his cronies on the forum backed him and made me feel like an idiot . The stress wasn't with my $40 dies. I just flat out lost out.

Live and die by the Browning...
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
"Chronies on the forum"
Thats always the problem. People like to talk about someone personally about their honor, integrity, etc as if they know them when most have never met. I know what my level of integrity is. I refunded $750 for a rangefinder with no questions asked because my wife shipped the package for me and did not buy adequate insurance. The buyer and i never discussed insurance so he did not have an opportunity to decline. Thats not the case here. Extra insurance was discussed and declined. Traylor, being an attorney, knows that ive fullfilled my legal obligation here. This attitude of the shipper having total responsibility no matter what only sets the stage for an unethical person to steal. By your definition, i could damage any package i receive, remove its contents, and force the seller to reimburse me without question because i have a picture of a damaged box!
I know my honor and integrity level. I offer a 10% discount in my business to veterans, i sponsor wounded warrior hunts, and i donate to charity. What strangers on the WWW think doesnt dictate who i am.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
You just killed your reputation on this site for being a douche! You must really be hurting for cash not to refund in full or as others have pointed out a man of low character.

Congratulations dumbass.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RJL53
Originally Posted by Willicd76
Ive refunded what im going to period.

What a f ucking dick....

Yep, pretty much.

And shipped ammo via USPS? eek

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
This reminds me of the old Larry Root threads. I always double box bullets when I ship them, tape the hell out of both boxes. If I sold something to someone, I’d make good on it if it didn’t arrive safely, wouldn’t care what it cost me, but that’s just me. I bought a Browning rifle case from a member here. It arrived with a hole punched in it. That guy refunded me the entire amount when I sent him a pic of the case. He didn’t have to, but he is a stand up guy. I’d rather be dead than have anyone not happy with something I’ve sold or work I’ve done for them. I always try to give a customer a little bit more than what they paid for. A man’s reputation is all he has and will be what he is remembered for when he is gone.

Just my 2 cents, which ain’t worth cshit.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I bought some bullets from Willicd76. Ihaven't been on here much lately. Anyway the box is taped up real good. Will post pics shortly.
I haven't opened the pkg yet. Been working with a bunch of 4-h kids getting ready for regionals in skeet trap and sportig clays.
George

"Hunting, fishing, roping, working, sleeping, eating. Not always in that order."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Didn't look to be adequately secured to me.

Strapping tape is your friend. Around the ENTIRE box with extra attention given to flimsy flap and the side that's semi-perforated. FULL refund is in order as the Seller had complete control over the inadequate and piss poor wrap job.

Another Classified Cowboy goes on ignore...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All this over not knowing how to tape a box. Kinda like Jeff-O not being able to open one.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 16bore
All this over not knowing how to tape a box. Kinda like Jeff-O not being able to open one.

Made me spit my coffee out... That’s laugh out loud funny.

IC B3

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Springcove
Originally Posted by 16bore

Made me spit my coffee out... That’s laugh out loud funny.

JFC....JeffO' will never ever live that down LOL

Dave

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by SKane

What a f ucking dick....

Yep, pretty much.

IT WASNT AMMUNITION. Thats twice now, and this just solidifies my position that people on the net just cant stand to not be involved even when they dont have a clue as to what is going on!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

What a f ucking dick....

Yep, pretty much.

IT WASNT AMMUNITION. Thats twice now, and this just solidifies my position that people on the net just cant stand to not be involved even when they dont have a clue as to what is going on!

Hey genius. You posted all of the PMs of your conversation. We all know what’s going on... Now

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
I have a friend who is a millwright who specializes installing automated sorting equipment for UPS, Fedex, and USPS. The velocity of the belts on the new systems is very high, with some very abrupt stops, you could call them crash stops. Inertia...The laws of physics apply. If you box a heavy item, before you even mail it...if it won't withstand several shoulder high drops onto a hard surface, it may not survive the journey. It's easier to stay out of trouble than get out of trouble.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I have a friend who is a millwright who specializes installing automated sorting equipment for UPS, Fedex, and USPS. The velocity of the belts on the new systems is very high, with some very abrupt stops, you could call them crash stops. Inertia...The laws of physics apply. If you box a heavy item, before you even mail it...if it won't withstand several shoulder high drops onto a hard surface, it may not survive the journey. It's easier to stay out of trouble than get out of trouble.

Yes and I've worked on it. You better package your goods like a gorilla is going to break it open. When they sort 700,000 packages in a shift , packages are moving from conveyor to diverters, to drop shoots, and no one cares. Just get that package out and delivered.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Springcove

What a f ucking dick....

Yep, pretty much.

Hey genius. You posted all of the PMs of your conversation. We all know what’s going on... Now

Hey genius.....where in the PM's does it indicate this was ammunition? I told KT up front the package would be insured for $50 and extra insurance was on him. He declined. Get in a car wreck and demand more coverage from your carrier after the fact. How will that play out......GENIUS???

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

The seller is a liar, a cheat and a thief!

Anyone that does business with him in the future should be aware.

He should refund the buyer in FULL and include an apology......

I wager that you wouldnt call me any of those things face to face. Ive refunded what im going to period. i offered additional insurance and he declined thats the end of this story! had insurance never been disclosed i would feel obligated to refund the entire amount. I have no more control over what happens to a package when it leaves my hands than the buyer does. The package was wrapped in 2 layers of packing tape in every direction PLUS the duct tape around the spine. How much tape does it take to keep things from being stolen?

About six layers of actual packaging tape, rather than stupid duct tape as mentioned.

Two full over lapping layers East and West. Two full over lapping layers North and South. And two more layers around the perimeter.

Tape is damned cheap.

Hell, I am just a dumb farm boy, but I figured it out when shipping 10 lbs of 32 cal pistol bullets to Jim. There was not even any payment involved. But I made made a promise of delivery and did not want Jim or his kids to be disappointed.

Seems like a man making a business deal should be at least THAT concerned with delivery.

I suspect Willie will need to find a new place to peddle his wares. His mistake for doing business in an environment where he was unaware of the business customs, or tried to circumvent said customs.

Some folks have a sense of honor, some do not, I guess.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
It up to the seller to INSURE the package gets to the buyer moron

"We don't rent pigs"
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I had a house fire a few years ago. If i would have known this is how insurance worked, i would have demanded 7X the insured value! 😂

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JimH
OP,I don't have any Gold Dots,But I have quite a few .22 Dogtown, Speer,Hornady and Sierra bullets and will gladly donate a few hundred and pack them well for the kids! Let me know.

Thanks, JimH - I've had several identical offers from the upstanding gentlemen here. AK Bob by txt last night, tas6691 just made a similar offer by PM this morning. I have more 50-55 gr bullets than I can shoot in a lifetime, and even if I didn't, I can afford to buy more. I just believe in doing the right thing. If you read though our PM's that he posted on the main fire page, you'll see that I gave him several opportunities to make some sort of reasonable offer. He just wanted to stick with the $50 insurance payment because that's the one that didn't cost him a dime. He's lying about wrapping the box both ways with clear tape. You can probably see it from the pics I posted. The only clear tape on there is going lengthwise and didn't cover the perforated section. Required duct tape, pure and simple. Not saying the post office won't sometimes get a clear taped one to the destination ok, but when this stuff happens, you step up and be a man about it and not a penny pincher. These were for a fast twist 22 creedmoor for trips to Tx to shoot hogs. Had to cancel my trip last year with the kids because of Covid but hoping to get them down there again soon. Anyway, I appreciate the generosity and hopefully this thread becomes a reminder of the good people we have here who I call friends.

Joe

Page 5 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10Glocks, 204guy, 61 invisible), 2,275 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,695
Posts18,494,187
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.