W
Pretty big fan of Don Julio

GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Tequila = Tekillya! When I was young I learned to stay away from Tequila. Of all the different alcohol beverages I drank. Tequila made me mad! I was always a happy drunk on other booze!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Strait Tequila = jail.

Yep. 19yo. Went shot for shot with a guy on two pints of Pepe, a bunch of lime wedges and salt shaker.
Then started drinking everclear. Punched a rent-a-cop at a high school football game.

Last time I drank either.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by win7stw
Pretty big fan of Don Julio

Tried it once. It’s not bad at all.

Some where around here, I’ve got a bottle of Tequila I bought from Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top Fame.

He’s got his on line of Tequila and he was at a liquor store in Austin doing a debut deal. Got him to autograph my bottle, so I’ve never opened it and tried it out, though. 🤠

Last edited by chlinstructor; 03/09/21.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Heym06
Tequila = Tekillya! When I was young I learned to stay away from Tequila. Of all the different alcohol beverages I drank. Tequila made me mad! I was always a happy drunk on other booze!

Guess I’m one of the few folks it doesn’t affect that way. Just makes me happy and sleepy.
Back when I was in College, never had anybody beat me in a shot drinking contest with Tequila. Most of them were done after 6 or 7 shots. Wimps. Of course, I’m older and wiser now and don’t enter those kind of contests anymore. 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fortaleza blanco

Arcus Venator
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for the recs, guys, I'll check 'em out. We almost always have Sauza around for the 'ritas.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
nice knife in that lime cutting photo...

"Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or misunderstanding."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've drank a wide array of Tequila's. With cost factored in, Sauza is best. 1800 and Patron are just as good, but cost more. Sometimes Espolon will be found cheaper than Sauza and if so, the taste difference is so small that Espolon gets the nod.

Really good Tequila can bump into the realm of Scotch, cost-wise. Gran Centenario Tequila Anejo

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
The night of my 24th birthday we had gotten pretty wasted on beer and shot of Old Crow when we decided to crash another birthday party. The basturds handed me a glass of straight tequila telling me it was a marguerita. This produced an epic hangover with a skull splitting headache, took a day and a half to get over. Many a time drank tequila with the worm in the bottle, passed the bottle around with salt & lime till it was gone. The guy who took the last swallow and ate the worm was declared "the man" !

Last edited by gunswizard; 03/09/21.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This thread has potential. I drank a fifth of tequila in 1981, drove to the police department and turned myself in.

They didn't want me.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Lun Azul for my margaritas.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I've got that one too.

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I thought this thread was going to be about howling at the moon....

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by DMc

I've heard it said that "discretion is the better part of valor".

Some things, if/when remembered, are best kept to one's self!

Ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 03/09/21.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Sauza for me. IMO, the best of the really affordable tequilas.

Sauza 100% agave is what we keep around here for our margaritas. Two ounces of tequila, one ounce of Cointreau, one ounce of fresh squeezed lime juice. Simple and tasty.

Gotdamn we agree on something!!!

Now if you just came around to curvy women........!

Last edited by calikooknic; 03/09/21.

Sean
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by DMc

Don't know if I should share those kind of stories.......

However,

I've long been acquainted with the Maguey/Agave plant.

My earliest experiences were in the mid-sixties at the campgrounds at Port Isabel, and different establishments in Matamoros, Mexico. My buds and I would take our boards, bags, huaraches, $10 and hitch-hike to Port Isabel, usually for Spring Break, Easter, July 4th, and New Year’s Day. Back then I had a flat stomach and a full head of hair and could usually hook up with a chick whose dad was paying for the freight so I did not have to sleep in a tent, or in a sleeping bag in the open. Biggest negative was that I"d wake up and had thrown away my hard contact lenses and did not know where I was or how i got there. It was usually Sauza or Cuervo that was the culprit!

In the 70’s I would fly from Reynosa to Mexico City, then take a bus to Acapulco, then either go to Mazatlán or south to San Blas or Puerto Escondido. Would stay about a month, or as long as $150 would last.

Pulque was a good as mushrooms.

As to Mescal,
One could go into a hole in the wall establishment. There would be a rough hewn slab of wood that served as a bar about 10 to 15 foot long. Regular Campesinos would be there imbibing. You would enter, walk up to the bar, put your peso down and the Vato behind the bar would walk from one end to the other and pour you a shot. He’d pick up the pesos as he went. There would be salt poured out on the bar, no lemon/lime. You’d do your shot, and put another peso down. He’d come back to where he’d started and pour shots till he reached the end of the bar.

One night I remember in particular.

It was 1976. A bud and I had gone to Puerto Escondido. There, they had what they called a trailer park. It was basically a coconut palm grove. My bud and I traveled light. We had a pair of huaraches, couple shirts, couple pairs of bags and a sleeping bag each. We were able to rent a spot for $1 American per night. We tied a rope between two coconut palms and spread one bag over the rope like a tent and tied down the corners, and spread out the other bag so we did not have to lay in the sand. Helped keep the “no-seeums” at bay. We had been there a few days and a Pacific Coast Hurricane headed our way. My bud’s girl-friend had made each of us a board bag to slip our boards in. The night the hurricane hit ,I had stretched a hammock between two palms and climbed into that bag. Wind came up and was probably blowing 100 MPH. I got cold and soaked from the driving rain. Coconuts were falling all around me. I decided I did not need to be brained by a coconut. There was a Palapa in the park next to the water hydrant that served as a shower. I went there, and there were about 20 other folk crowded in trying to get out of the wind and rain. I joined them. So, 20+ hot, sweaty bodies in a confined space, where there was only enough room to stand….. Luckily a couple bottles of tequila were broke out. Sure made it much more bearable to hang till morning

Good times, and great life lessons.

Ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 03/10/21.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I do not talk about my tequilla nights........

Any more, give me a good quality tequilla with a squeeze of lime and I am good to go. I savor one quality drink.

Any more tequilla than that and what happens, stays where it happens.

Last edited by CRS; 03/10/21.

Arcus Venator
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I don’t particularly like tequila but some friends introduced me to Herradura double barrel reposado and it’s pretty damn good.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Drank my fair share. Hussong's is good on an evening before layover day on the river. Be sure to have bloody mary's ready for some hair-of-the-dog the next morning.

[Linked Image from cdn.shopify.com]

Carpe' Scrotum
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (257Bob, 257Ackley, 1beaver_shooter, 22kHornet, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,581 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,696
Posts18,534,605
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.