Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Is there anything out there for a model seven other than Timney and Triggertech?

Also, are there any fitment issues with the Triggertech? I have a timney on a model seven with a bell and carlson stock and had to do a bit of trimming to make it work. Have another 7 in a brown precision stock and would like a better trigger but don't want to be filing away at the stock this time.

Last edited by snowboardguy; 03/10/21.
HR IC

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
I have a Timney on a Model 7 that I had to remove a bit of stock for the safety to slide freely, not a huge deal. Just installed a Triggertech on another Model 7, no fitment issues whatsoever. My next trigger will be a Triggertech.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Chequamegon
I have a Timney on a Model 7 that I had to remove a bit of stock for the safety to slide freely, not a huge deal. Just installed a Triggertech on another Model 7, no fitment issues whatsoever. My next trigger will be a Triggertech.

Thanks for the response. Any info as to what stocks were used in conjunction with each trigger?

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Timney was factory CDL walnut stock, Triggertech was an HS Precision.

Just checked out the Jewell website, they show Model Seven triggers for sale.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Any chance you could measure the width of the Triggertech from the left side of the body to the outside of the safety lever like seen below?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
It’s off to the smith getting bedded, won’t have it back for a couple of weeks.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Triggertech Primary, 0.7965. measured as shown above.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Was that for a seven or a 700? I was told that the levers are the same between the 2 models but looking closer at images on the Triggertech website it appears that I may have been given incorrect information.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It is marked as for a 700, but I believe it also says it will work in a model 7.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I think the only thing you will have to worry about with the Trigger Tech is adjusting the bolt release. Trigger Tech is good about responding when contacted if you need any help.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I just swapped a Timney into a model Seven. Both the bolt release and safety were rubbing on the wood stock (factory). I bought a small file set from Lowe’s and in about ten minutes I had enough material removed for both mechanisms to work like new with no rubbing . It’s about as easy as rolling out of bed.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I just swapped a Timney into a model Seven. Both the bolt release and safety were rubbing on the wood stock (factory). I bought a small file set from Lowe’s and in about ten minutes I had enough material removed for both mechanisms to work like new with no rubbing . It’s about as easy as rolling out of bed.

I've done it before and while it wasn't terrible if there's another option that doesn't require modifying the stock that's what I'll be using.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D

Mine wears a Jewell.

I like it.

DF

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by snowboardguy

I've done it before and while it wasn't terrible if there's another option that doesn't require modifying the stock that's what I'll be using.

It’s such a minute amount of material I’d hardly call it a modification. Mine would still operate but felt like it was dragging. I’d estimate the thickness of a fingernail was removed .

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

It’s such a minute amount of material I’d hardly call it a modification. Mine would still operate but felt like it was dragging. I’d estimate the thickness of a fingernail was removed .

I had to remove much more than that but it was in a B&C stock, maybe it was a combination of issues.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I have a few model 7s and just picked up a timney on Ebay. All of my Ar platform rifles wear timney skeletonized 3lb triggers but have never tried them in a bolt action.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Smilner01
I have a few model 7s and just picked up a timney on Ebay. All of my Ar platform rifles wear timney skeletonized 3lb triggers but have never tried them in a bolt action.

The timney I have is great but required quite a bit of material removal in my B&C stock. I will be trying a triggertech soon to see if they're a better fit.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Removing material to fit an aftermarket trigger is laughable as a negative. Man the fugk up!!!!

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Removing material to fit an aftermarket trigger is laughable as a negative. Man the fugk up!!!!

The fact that it bothers you is laughable. I have no problem doing it but if a company produces a comparable product that is actually built to the proper dimensions why not use that one and maintain the value of the stock?

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by BobBrown

The fact that it bothers you is laughable. I have no problem doing it but if a company produces a comparable product that is actually built to the proper dimensions why not use that one and maintain the value of the stock?

Exactly !

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

195 members (257 mag, 7887mm08, 35, 240NMC, 10Glocks, 20 invisible), 1,579 guests, and 873 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,504
Posts18,490,610
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.