Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH
Originally Posted by Hastings
My son in law told me that the "stimulus" bill provides $300 per month per child under 5 years of age and $250 per child until age 18. Is this true? Was it passed? If so, is there an expiration date or does this go on forever or until we are completely belly up? Sounds like funding for a new industry if true.

As far as I know, that was an "idea" at the start, but I don't believe it's still in there, but haven't seen a definitive answer either way

It appears to have made it in there.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/1400...lan-is-critical-professor-211313366.html

The relief legislation expands the child tax credit to $3,000 annually per child aged 6-17 and to $3,600 for kids under 6 for single parents earning less than $75,000 annually, $112,500 for head of households, and $150,000 for married couples. (The current child tax credit is $2,000 per child under 17 for single parents or heads of household earning less than $200,000 or married couples making less than $400,000 annually).

The legislation’s enhanced child tax credit breaks the mold by directing the IRS to distribute periodic payments amounting to half the tax credit to low- and middle-income families this year.

If the Treasury Department decides to disburse those payments monthly, it would provide a guaranteed income for families in the form of $300 monthly checks per child under 6 and $250 monthly checks per child between 6 and 17 from July to December. (Parents who qualify would be able to collect the other half of the child tax credit when they file their taxes in 2021.)

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
You’re watching Rome burn....

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Originally Posted by 1minute
And some wonder why prices are rising.

Prices aren’t rising. The value of the dollar your paying with is going down.

Yes, the value of the dollar is going down, BUT,
Prices are rising and will continue to rise...in less than two months that Biden has been in office, gas and diesel prices have gone up over $0.50 at the pump. EVERY commodity that we buy is effected more than once by those fuel prices and the cost to buy them will continue to also go up.

And with Biden stifling our oil and gas production, our fuel costs will continue to rise.

Good choice America, just how soon can the democrats make us a 3rd world country?

Last edited by buffybr; 03/11/21.

SAVE 200 ELK, KILL A WOLF

NRA Endowment Life Member

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by mirage243
This debt payoff for non white farmers chaps my ass. Giving them 120% of what they owe.

If they were so discriminated against...how did they ever get all those loans?

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I know an old dairy farmer guy that cries broke all the time, but he is a gun buying fool, goes out of town on fancy huntin trips, nice hunting leases, etc. As far as loans, I guess he gets around to paying them after all that comes first. Oh...someone let a sick cow get milked and it ruins the whole tank, just call the insurance co.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
National debt clock......

https://usdebtclock.org/

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

A distinction without a difference.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
MSM is 98% focused on the $1400 payouts. Hardly any mention of all the pork in the bill. I think they are hoping that everyone will be so busy looking for their handout that they won't question why it is only a third of the total. Here is one article with a little more info:

https://news.bitcoin.com/bidens-2-t...e-plan-showers-money-on-the-bureaucracy/

Enough to make you sick!

Jerry

Minnesota; Land of 10,000 Taxes
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prices aren’t rising. The value of the dollar your paying with is going down

Six of dozen and half of the other one. Regardless, my purchasing power is declining.

1Minute
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by buffybr

Prices are rising and will continue to rise...in less than two months that Biden has been in office, gas and diesel prices have gone up over $0.50 at the pump. EVERY commodity that we buy is effected more than once by those fuel prices and the cost to buy them will continue to also go up.

And with Biden stifling our oil and gas production, our fuel costs will continue to rise.

Good choice America, just how soon can the democrats make us a 3rd world country?

You don’t think the loss of 26 Texas oil refineries during the cold snap has anything to do with gas price increases? Biden has been office a month.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Got a letter from Treasury today saying I’d be getting the 1400$ by check or debit card within 7 days.

I’m not eligible.
Again.

No taxes due on any stimulus money.
It’s FREE, boys !!!

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Sounds like Biden is learning from Trudeau

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
OK so what are you going to do with your $1,400?
Spend it for the good of the economy ? Put it in the bank as savings ?
Donate it to your favorite Charity ?
This pandemic has not hurt either my wife nor I. Both retired, both have pensions and SS. have all we need as income goes and our savings and investment don't really need another $2,800.
So, we're doing the same thing we did with the first two checks, we both have our favorite charities and so far they have gotten all our free money, and will get these also.
Our kids and their families have also not been hurt, all have kept their jobs, worked from home and are doing well, so they don't need our help.
We have been very lucky and blessed, it's been nice to be able to share our success.

"The older I get, the better I was"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Proud NRA Life Member
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jbmi
OK so what are you going to do with your $1,400?
Spend it for the good of the economy ? Put it in the bank as savings ?
Donate it to your favorite Charity ?
This pandemic has not hurt either my wife nor I. Both retired, both have pensions and SS. have all we need as income goes and our savings and investment don't really need another $2,800.
So, we're doing the same thing we did with the first two checks, we both have our favorite charities and so far they have gotten all our free money, and will get these also.
Our kids and their families have also not been hurt, all have kept their jobs, worked from home and are doing well, so they don't need our help.
We have been very lucky and blessed, it's been nice to be able to share our success.

Good on you.

And deduct the donations off of your 2021 taxes.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jerryv
MSM is 98% focused on the $1400 payouts. Hardly any mention of all the pork in the bill. I think they are hoping that everyone will be so busy looking for their handout that they won't question why it is only a third of the total. Here is one article with a little more info:

https://news.bitcoin.com/bidens-2-t...e-plan-showers-money-on-the-bureaucracy/

Enough to make you sick!

Jerry

I hate to thinkn the number of people who belive giving out $1,400 checks costs $1.9T.

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by KyWindageII
Originally Posted by buffybr

You don’t think the loss of 26 Texas oil refineries during the cold snap has anything to do with gas price increases? Biden has been office a month.

Paper is worth less/more worthless, commodities get taken on as investments. Those who know this will happen in a predetermined fashion buy raw material investments low before currency is manipulated. Ask George Soros.
And I'm sure Biden didn't telegraph anything to anyone in that month. It's not like he's Martha Stewart....

(Apparently shutting down Keystone for Warren doesn't have anything to do with gas prices).

It ain't like the sonofabitch gives a fugg....

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (204guy, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 1badf350, 50 invisible), 2,352 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,766
Posts18,515,376
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.