Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Oklahoma prep game broadcaster denounced for using racial epithet
6:09 PM CT
ESPN News Services

OKLAHOMA CITY -- An announcer for a livestream of an Oklahoma girls' high school basketball game cursed and called one team by a racial epithet as the players kneeled during the national anthem.

The incident occurred Thursday before the Norman High School-Midwest City quarterfinal game in Sapulpa as "The Star-Spangled Banner" began to play. The broadcasters told listeners on the NFHS Network stream they would return after a break and then one, apparently not realizing the audio was live, used an expletive and the epithet as the Norman players kneeled.

"They're kneeling? [f**k] them," one of the men said, video of which later went viral. "I hope Norman gets their ass kicked ... [f***ing] [niqqers]."

The broadcaster who made the remarks later identified himself as Matt Rowan. In a statement in which he apologized, Rowan, who owns and operates the streaming service OSPN, said he is a diabetic and that his blood-sugar levels caused him to make the remarks.

"I will state that I suffer Type 1 Diabetes and during the game my sugar was spiking," Rowan said in a statement obtained by multiple media outlets. "While not excusing my remarks it is not unusual when my sugar spikes that I become disoriented and often say things that are not appropriate as well as hurtful. I do not believe that I would have made such horrible statements absent my sugar spiking."

The Oklahoma Secondary Schools Activities Association and NFHS Network each issued statements apologizing for the comments.

"While we are currently investigating the incident, this crew will not be doing any more games for the remainder of our championships," OSSAA director David Jackson said. "This kind of behavior will never be tolerated by anyone representing the NFHS or OSSAA." (What behavior? . . . kneeling during the National Anthem or calling a spade a spade?)

The NFHS Network said in a statement that it was "sickened" and "outraged" by the comments, apologized and "immediately cut ties with the third-party production crew that was involved.''

"We also deeply apologize to the students, their families, and the entire community for having such ignorant and hurtful comments expressed during the broadcast,'' the statement added. (But not a word about the disrespectful conduct of the players kneeling during the Anthem?)

Kneeling during the anthem at U.S. sporting events has become a familiar way for athletes to express themselves, often in protest of racial or social injustice. Norman High School Superintendent Nick Migliorino said the school district supports the students' right to freely express themselves.

"We condemn and will not tolerate the disgusting words and attitudes of these announcers," Migliorino said. "We will do everything in our power to support and uplift our team and everyone affected by this incident."

Migliorino said the announcers were hired by the OSSAA and that the district would use another livestream service for the remainder of the state tournament.

State public schools Superintendent Joy Hofmeister also released a statement, saying the comments cannot be tolerated.

"The remarks made were sickening and vile," Hofmeister said. "My heart aches for the young female athletes who were subjected to this hateful and disgusting tirade." (How about the vile and sickening behavior of the players who disrespected centuries of Patriots who died in defense of that flag?)

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
He said what we all think!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hanco
He said what we all think!

👍👍👍

Romans 5:1
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
"We condemn, and will not tolerate the disgusting words and attitudes of these Players," Migliorino said. "We will do everything in our power to support and uplift our announcers,and everyone affected by this incident."

There.Fixed it for them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am amazed at the number of people who don't realize is's best to jettison that word from their lexicon.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I am amazed at the number of people who don't realize is's best to jettison that word from their lexicon.

Why.............it's what 90% of them are.....kneegers. They look the part and they act the part, so why not call it like it is.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Why.............it's what 90% of them are.....kneegers. They look the part and they act the part, so why not call it like it is.

Then get a bud to video you walking up to some of them and calling them that to their face.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Then get a bud to video you walking up to some of them and calling them that to their face.

I have. Still alive too.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
If he said it, he should own it. Blaming his blood sugar. Idiot.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Skunkman
"We condemn, and will not tolerate the disgusting words and attitudes of these Players," Migliorino said. "We will do everything in our power to support and uplift our announcers,and everyone affected by this incident."

There.Fixed it for them.

Prezactly! grin

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Exactly. That’s what the left wants to normalize all of it and ban words that they don’t like. That they’re all just like us. [bleep], kneegrows, Muslims. We’re all supposed to believe that they’re just like the typical Caucasian in IQ, morality, and love of country.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
If he said it, he should own it. Blaming his blood sugar. Idiot.

He zips his pants up on the side! Agree 100% . . . what a pussy. Folded like a cheap suit!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

If I had a Lexicon, I'd think about it. I prefer Toyotas myself.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
What a pussy. He can't even stand behind his words. He'll suffer the woke mob either way.

Originally Posted by renegade50
I'm an Oracle ...
You are a bug....

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter

the coloreds call each other [bleep] and are ok with that. One colored referred to obama as "my [bleep]" while on some tv broadcast together.

It's racist if a cracker can't call a [bleep] a [bleep], but a colored can. Racist.

GOA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

Exactly. That’s what the left wants to normalize all of it and ban words that they don’t like. That they’re all just like us. [bleep], kneegrows, Muslims. We’re all supposed to believe that they’re just like the typical Caucasian in IQ, morality, and love of country.

Same for the term Gay in place of Homosexual.

GOA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole

If I had a Lexicon, I'd think about it. I prefer Toyotas myself.

lolololol

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For all of you who are certain that the word is okay to use, don't just use it here from the comfort of the keyboard.

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Kneeling during your Countries anthem has consequences

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 673
Kneeling during your Countries anthem has consequences

If the USA becomes what Biden, Harris and the rest of the communist pricks want it to become, I'll take a dump on a flag during the anthem.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1moredeer, 160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 77 invisible), 2,385 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,714
Posts18,494,533
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.