Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Thorogood. Best boots I've ever owned.

Yer damn tootin'. USA all the way. Having worked outdoors, construction, logging, my whole life...work boots ARE hiking boots and Thorogoods are worth every penny. Break in? Lace 'em up and go to work, done deal. Unlike these brand name plastic pussy boots, Thorogoods are rebuildable by the factory. As far as I am concerned, these 'special' hiking boots, hunting boots is a total yuppie crock of schidt.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dale06
Crispi makes very good boots. Not cheap though, $350 plus. I’m hard on boots but have used the Crispi GTX Colorado for several years. I’ve tried most of the major brands. These work the best for my feet.

+1

If you are really going to be hiking back, go with the best boot you can buy.

For me, it’s Crispi.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Just ordered a pair of Kenetrek's new Corrie to try out. $275.00 My Lowa Renegades died a hard death, Still have my Tibet GTX's and Sheep Hunters.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Q
Quak Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Q
having not heard of this crispi brand i just checked out their website. A little too flat brim and newly bearded bro for me. Reminds me of the fly fishing D bags that have taken over that sport.

Any idea where these things are made? Actually made in italy?

GOD Bless America
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
For Field Grade Charlie......................

Stihl.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Q
Quak Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Q
Not knocking the crispis...but just curious if the juice is worth the squeeze as they say. They are not cheap

GOD Bless America
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Quak
Not knocking the crispis...but just curious if the juice is worth the squeeze as they say. They are not cheap

Not knocking them either, but if you're going to pay +$400 for boots, they better be re-buildable.

Lots of custom boots that are great, once you've gone through the trouble of getting the first pair (measurements and all), it's easier to stay with the same brand, since you can just buy more (if wanted), and they have your information on file.

White's

Nick's

Wesco's

Russell's,

etc.

lots of great boots out there.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Kennetreck Mountain Extremes are absolutely with out a doubt the best thing I've ever had on my feet.
From Arizona to Idaho and the coastal mountains, nothing has felt or performed better in a boot.

https://kenetrek.com/collections/mountain-boots

Sal,

do they make a 6" boot?

Yes. Hardscrabbles is the model

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Quak

Here’s how I settled on Crispi’s.. In the ensuing 17 months, I’ve been nothing but thrilled with them. I dunno about the models on their website these days, but the boots are definitely the real deal. Some of the hardest-core hunters on this forum use them.

Now it may well be that you don’t need something this high-end for what you’re looking to do. It only makes sense to match the equipment to the job at hand.

In my case, I bought them with an eye on a future sheep hunt. It’s possible I’ll wear these out before I’m able to actually get around to it. If that happens, I’ll replace ‘em with the same boots.

Whatever you choose, get all of your contenders on your feet, so you can choose wisely.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The Keen is the worst, worst, boot I've ever owned. They will be a high priced fire.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jim1611
How supportive of the ankles are the Crispi boots in rough and rocky areas? I'm boot shopping too.

My son has Crispi Nevadas. He says the ankle support is very good.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hoka Kaja Goretex

.... like tears in the rain
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
If you are looking for a Merrel/Keen style boot, I highly recommend Oboz. Scheels is the place I get mine. They cost slightly more, but are really comfortable.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Take a look at Salewa. I have the MS Crow GTX. A firm but very comfortable boot. Mine are only 2 years old but they have worn very well.

https://www.salewa.com/en-us/f/men-mountain-footwear

https://www.salewa.com/en-us/ms-crow-gtx-00-0000061328?c=1518271

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by K1500
Asolo brand works for me. Every time I try something else I always regret it. Salomon work pretty well for me too, but I like my Asolo boots better.

Another endorsement for Asolo; been wearing then for 25-30 years.

G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
My favorites are Lathrop & Sons Mountain Hunter, and Hanwag Alaskan GTX. With both I use Lathrop & Sons insoles, which are great. These are my primary hunting boots.

I have two pairs of White’s custom Packers, the newest of which is 33 years old and going strong. They are also good in tough country, especially horseback hunting. While a bit dated and heavy, they are hell for stout and have great support.

Friends whose opinions are rooted in heavy experience who I trust are happy with Kennetreks; I’ve not had any.

I do not like insulated boots, unless I’m mostly inactive in single digit cold and snow. For this, I use Danner Canadians.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I put lots of miles on my Salomon Quest hiking boots, all kinds of terrain, dry feet every time.

Grammar is important.
Capitol letters are the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" & "helping your uncle jack off a horse".
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hoffmans Explorer hands down. Didn't like Crispis, Kenetreks were ok.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Crap...I misread the title and thought it was "boat advice". It's spring here.

my advice to you: buy another one

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Tag

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

108 members (10Glocks, 7887mm08, AussieGunWriter, B52RadarNav, 44mc, 35, 10 invisible), 1,399 guests, and 901 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,251
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.