Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
A guy Cathunter on Pensacola Fishing Forum [website sux] kept up with Bull sharks swimming up the rivers in Florida . He had stuff he found online and others post in his thread that they ran across . One Bass fisherman jigging a big bait caught a good size [can't remember weight] Bull Shark up in central Alabama , maybe 150 miles up-river . Quite a few other Bulls caught but not as far north as central alabama catch , made the Newspaper up there . .

Fishing in the Mississippi Big Game Fishing club & fishing off the lower deck on the offshore rigs I've worked on - had many big fish bit off right behind the head . Yellowfin tuna over 100lbs. WHAM 2/3 - 3/4 of the fish gone , fouled fish can't be entered in the tournament .

Always enjoy these threads .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ol_mike
A guy Cathunter on Pensacola Fishing Forum [website sux] kept up with Bull sharks swimming up the rivers in Florida . He had stuff he found online and others post in his thread that they ran across . One Bass fisherman jigging a big bait caught a good size [can't remember weight] Bull Shark up in central Alabama , maybe 150 miles up-river . Quite a few other Bulls caught but not as far north as central alabama catch , made the Newspaper up there . .

Fishing in the Mississippi Big Game Fishing club & fishing off the lower deck on the offshore rigs I've worked on - had many big fish bit off right behind the head . Yellowfin tuna over 100lbs. WHAM 2/3 - 3/4 of the fish gone , fouled fish can't be entered in the tournament .

Watched one of the “shark week” shows. It was about bull sharks living in fresh water. And the distances they traveled inland.

One point they made was how far inland they were finding juveniles. Farther than the juvenile could travel. It they were breeding and raising young far inland.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Always liked the Shark Week Show but haven't had cable in several years .

The salmon shark was one I wasn't familiar with - lives in the icey north pacific ocean .

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Watched one of the “shark week” shows. It was about bull sharks living in fresh water. And the distances they traveled inland.

One point they made was how far inland they were finding juveniles. Farther than the juvenile could travel. It they were breeding and raising young far inland.

one was caught over a thousand miles up the Mississippi.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
[quote=ol_mike]A guy Cathunter on Pensacola Fishing Forum [website sux] kept up with Bull sharks swimming up the rivers in Florida . He had stuff he found online and others post in his thread that they ran across . One Bass fisherman jigging a big bait caught a good size [can't remember weight] Bull Shark up in central Alabama , maybe 150 miles up-river . Quite a few other Bulls caught but not as far north as central alabama catch , made the Newspaper up there . .

one was caught over a thousand miles up the Mississippi.

[/quote

Yeah like up in Illinois

Posted by Bristoe
IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
been on that exact beach many times. Seen sharks form my balcony. And people swim out to the sand bar 200 yards off shore. idiots.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BLG
Crew on a gulf of mexico offshore supply boat adamant about seeing a group of killer whales offshore of Louisiana in the mid 1980's winter .

Knew a guy who got a bluefin tuna to the side of the boat Louisana - broke off but the whole crew saw it . Kooks . This was around 1998 1999 when it was a fact that there were no bluefins in the Gulf , later the gov't fish people said there were bluefins in the Gulf - they spawn there .

I saw a wolf in sw arkansas 1979 and a mountain lion in sw ohio 1979 when there absolutely were none there .
Lots of critters in places that people don't know about .

Mike, I have heard that pod of killer whales has been back many times in the Gulf of Mexico off the Louisiana coast. I can't remember when, but it was some time in the past 10 years from a charter captain.

Clyde

Thanks - interesting stuff ..

IMO there are wolves in many places that people think there aren't . Missourians say there are wolves in their state .
Years ago I saw wolf tracks in deep SW Idaho - spoke with a couple of old ranchers down there - they said there had always been wolves there .
I measured mileage to NE California from SW Idaho - little over 200 miles and said I'd bet there are wolves in California - several years later it's announced - breeding pairs of wolves in California .

OH yeah - I saw a wolf in Florida N of Panama City Beach about 8-9 years ago - eating on a dead boar hog a friend shot . I've coyote hunted for decades and didn't think it was anything but a wolf the second I saw it .

Now...if someone will just catch a big sawfish in Matagotda Bay.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 160user, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 3,030 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,620
Posts18,533,085
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.