Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Long time member and the hardest working member of our gun club passed away recently and his ashes have been at rest in an ammo can. since his passing.

Last wish was to have his ashes shot out of the club cannon so his son will do the honors on the ol' mans birthday next month along with a few belts through Dad's beloved machine gun

I'm going to miss my friend Stan a bunch

Party time laugh crazy

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Godspeed Stan.

Enjoy your sendoff!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
It's good when they miss you.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Not at a gun club, but a very long time dear friend, hunting and fishing partner for 35 years passed last year. His wishes were to be cremated and shot from a cannon at his favorite hunting spot.

Ask and ye shall receive....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Going out with a bang,,
Sorry for your loss,but it's a good exit.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Pretty cool way to be remembered!

RIP Stan

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by rong
Going out with a bang,,
Sorry for your loss,but it's a good exit.

Thats what we thought. Everybody talks about doing stuff like this, but we did it !

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cousin had his family load his ashes in shotgun shells. Shot them at his farm across his lake. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Can you clowns shoot me out of a 16" battleship gun?

Please?

In one piece, aimed at Pelosi's house.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
An acquaintance of mine, cowboy action shooter had a heart attack about a year ago died in the kitchen floor one of his funeral or life celebrations was done at the shooting range she most frequent and ashes were fired out of shotgun shells in his honor

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Sorry to read of Stan's passing.

May his memories be carried on through you, while bring smiles of joy and laughter.

God Bless,
David B.

U
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
U
On February 21 I got a call I've dreading for several several years. After five years of fighting both lung and colon cancer my favorite hunting/fishing friend had passed.
His final wish was for his ashes to be spread at our camp. Most of the club along with his family attended his funeral with his son giving an appropriate eulogy and spreading his ashes around the chair he held "court" from, down the rifle range, where he ALWAYS won the club competition (even in his later years) and we saved a little to sprinkle on the spot where most of the bucks fell not 30 yards in front of his old stand that I was lucky enough to inherit at his direction two years ago when he decided to quit hunting. He was still around the first time I hunted it and followed in his steps by dropping a cull buck within feet of where I had dragged several of his from when he was no longer able.
This last weekend was bitter-sweet as well. The Yellow Perch are starting to bite, but I was only able to boat one after several hours. I went home thinking of him saying, "Fugg this fishing shidt, I came out here to catch". RIP dear friend.

Never try to teach a pig to sing...
...it wastes your time and annoys the pig!
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Our son has my instructions to take me deer hunting one more time after I'm cremated. Load a few of my ashes along with the appropriate load of powder in my favorite rifle and take me hunting. He has specific instructions to wait and shoot a nice buck and not some skinny doe. The pressure is on him because I told him if he misses, I'm coming back and we're gonna have a father son talk. The remainder of my ashes are to be divided between a favorite spot in NM where I elk hunt, my #1 deer stand here and the last bit to be mixed with my sweet wife.

My final wishes have received some strange looks, all from non-hunters. My buddies just nod their head and agree.

Last edited by Godogs57; 03/18/21.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Can you clowns shoot me out of a 16" battleship gun?

Please?

In one piece, aimed at Pelosi's house.

THAT, would be a great last act!
Maybe even freeze you before the send off!

Last edited by keith_dunlap; 03/18/21.

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Cheers!

“One thorn of experience is worth a whole wilderness of warning.” - James Russell Lowell
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I was going to ask my buds to take my ashes to SD and dump them in a prairie dog hole, but they've all passed on, and my wife would get lost on the way up there. I guess I'm stuck in Kentucky.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Sounds like Stan & others had great ideas.

I was at the Kelblys Super Shoot some years back & they scattered the ashes of a well known(who's brand escapes me) custom bullet maker on the range. While sad, it was a happy sad, I thought. A good place to be for him he thought.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Saddened for you losing a good friend, but it sounds like a proper send off for Stan.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
U
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by uncle joe
On February 21 I got a call I've dreading for several several years. After five years of fighting both lung and colon cancer my favorite hunting/fishing friend had passed.
His final wish was for his ashes to be spread at our camp. Most of the club along with his family attended his funeral with his son giving an appropriate eulogy and spreading his ashes around the chair he held "court" from, down the rifle range, where he ALWAYS won the club competition (even in his later years) and we saved a little to sprinkle on the spot where most of the bucks fell not 30 yards in front of his old stand that I was lucky enough to inherit at his direction two years ago when he decided to quit hunting. He was still around the first time I hunted it and followed in his steps by dropping a cull buck within feet of where I had dragged several of his from when he was no longer able.
This last weekend was bitter-sweet as well. The Yellow Perch are starting to bite, but I was only able to boat one after several hours. I went home thinking of him saying, "Fugg this fishing shidt, I came out here to catch". RIP dear friend.

I got a phone call yesterday about two hours after posting this from my deceased friends son asking if that was my post. I confirmed it was and it was about his dad and I hope he didn't mind. He said he thought it was a touching tribute to his father but was somewhat incorrect in the details.
He said the "funeral" was done per instructions from his wife according to what he told her he wanted.
He then went on to tell me that during one of his last conversations with his father the old man told him, "Never mind what your mother tells you to do with my ashes, I want you to put them in Sophia Loren's douchebag." I can just hear him saying that too.

Never try to teach a pig to sing...
...it wastes your time and annoys the pig!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My ash’s are to be scattered on the mineral lick that I started back by my favorite deer blind! Told the boy don’t bring flowers bring a mineral block.

just for Fun
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

417 members (222Sako, 17CalFan, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 39 invisible), 1,823 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,754
Posts18,495,418
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.