Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#15912004 03/18/21
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Mother in Law just popped positive for the rona yesterday with mild symptoms and FIL probably has it too bur dont want a test. Due to known risk factors both are probably what would be considered high risk for bad outcome, him especially.

Wife got them Vit C, D and zinc supplements to take but I was wondering about the possiblity of "sneaking" them some Ivermectin. (Wifes an RN and isnt keen on the "off label" approach right now)

My question is what is the appropriate dosage? Delivery method? Etc?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sneak it to them like they did MrT before flying?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Politics is War by Other Means
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Sneak it to them like they did MrT before flying?

Lol no buy it and drop it off.....FIL said they are willing to try it, just dont know about dosing etc.....the sneak would be past the RN wifey of mine lol

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]photo url

The apple flavor taste the best 😁😁

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
It is perfectly safe, been used in humans for a l9ng time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From what I used to know about it is your are fine unless you have an allergy to it. If you do you are pretty much phuqcked.

May be different now.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wouldn't take anyone's opinion on disagree until I research research research REPUTABLE medical claims and reports.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Allergies generally screw you regardless.

That said I think there is a version at the feed store you don't want. we have injectable for cattle and swine. Will use with water to dilute and drink if the time comes.

I think one for horses was ok for humans too. But I'm not totally sure on that. I know at the feed store there was one they said do NOT buy that one...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got this advice from an old retired MD. Use the 1% injectable solution. Swallow 1/2 cc per 55 pounds of body weight, and a moderate overdose won't hurt (might help). Available at most farm supply stores that market to livestock producers.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Hastings
I got this advice from an old retired MD. Use the 1% injectable solution. Swallow 1/2 cc per 55 pounds of body weight, and a moderate overdose won't hurt (might help). Available at most farm supply stores that market to livestock producers.

This is the same dosage that I use on my Labs

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
IMPORTANT: Enter all of their medicines they are taking into an online medicine safety check to ensure they won't have a reaction with Ivermectin. One is statins I believe.

Last edited by ElkSlayer91; 03/18/21.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby

That is correct. Keeps them free of heartworms, and will kill many other parasites, will cure red mange. I got sick with fever and congestion back in the fall and I took a dose of Ivermectin. I weigh 200 so I took 2cc, and it knocked down the fever and sick feeling of whatever was ailing me. I'm pretty sure it was Corona virus because my wife tested me for flu which came up negative.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by marktheshark
(Wifes an RN and isnt keen on the "off label" approach right now)

1 out of 5 prescriptions in the country are written off-label, and it is "legal".

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Easy to get on Amazon. If you are going to use it, do it ASAP as early treatment is the best. The packages I got have the dosage on them. I haven't used it. I purchased it as a backup in case a family member got Covid.

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Thanks for the replys guys. Got some of the the 1% injectable stuff at the feed store. MIL slipped and mentioned it to the wife, she said she talked to one of the ICU docs and he told her "off the record" that its well worth trying, provided they are on no contraindicted meds.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Mother in Law just popped positive for the rona yesterday with mild symptoms and FIL probably has it too bur dont want a test. Due to known risk factors both are probably what would be considered high risk for bad outcome, him especially.

Wife got them Vit C, D and zinc supplements to take but I was wondering about the possiblity of "sneaking" them some Ivermectin. (Wifes an RN and isnt keen on the "off label" approach right now)

My good friends boss was literally on his deathbed with rona and someone slipped him ivermectin and told him how to take it and in 48 hours he was symptom free and was sent home. He said whoever it was that gave him the meds saved his life. That someone was working the floor he was in that day.

MAGA! This is the way!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby

That is correct. Keeps them free of heartworms, and will kill many other parasites, will cure red mange. I got sick with fever and congestion back in the fall and I took a dose of Ivermectin. I weigh 200 so I took 2cc, and it knocked down the fever and sick feeling of whatever was ailing me. I'm pretty sure it was Corona virus because my wife tested me for flu which came up negative.

Just don't give it to anything with any collie blood in it.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Tag

Heaven has a wall, a gate and strict immigration policy.

Hell has open borders.

Let that sink in.....

I Live for Opening Day!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Being they are high risk don't let them wait to long before seeking help if they need it. seems to be a common factor with the ones that don't make it.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 204guy, 12344mag, 219DW, 1Longbow, 67 invisible), 2,433 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,301
Posts18,487,081
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.