Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Speaking of transplants... Muleskinner, It will be a cold day in hell when I pay for a guided hunt in Wyoming. What a farce. Oh and if I need to get into a wilderness area, I'd recruit a WY resident friend to tag along.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
But you'd deny the fellers with no hunting friends in Wyoming, and those without the wherewithall to pull off a safe wilderness hunt by themselves. Besides green, I have a hard time believin' you got any friends at all outside the innernet. As far as transplants go, wouldn't be no white people on this continent at all 'thout transplants. That horse don't run for me. Only people thet pull that tired ol' argument outta the closet are those 'thout a real rational argument at all.

Mule
OP Offline
Well now, it seems that another of my post has been taken completly off topic and run into the ground. My last post asked the simple question of "essential gear for a hunting vehicle". In that post some of the regulars here had a cookie recipe swap. Not to mention another ugly pissing match between some good ole Wyoming boys. I refer to many people of the great state of Wyoming as dear friends and I just don't know where this nasty side is coming from. All that I'm asking for is a idea of somewhere to start looking to hunt sheep. I don't need my honesty judged by someone befor they deem me fit to hand down some sage advice. What I was looking for was something like, hike up sweetwater creek and cross over to trout creek or the advice I did recieve from Dude in a PM "hire a airplane and have them fly you over the area and pick an area out". I have several residents friends that will be serving as a non-comerical guide in the wilderness areas. All of us are very experienced backpack sheep hunters. We won't be tromping around and blowing the game out of the country, like most outfitters do with their pack strings.

Regards
Spaulding

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, an experienced backpack sheep hunter won't have any trouble locating the game without any game-spooking outfitter or guide to hamper his efforts. Funny how those game-spooking outfitters have three times the success rate as unguided hunters. Go figure.

I will give you some useful advice on the subject. Call Stanley Potts in Idaho. He's 'bout the best dern game-spookin' sheep guide on the planet. Stanley ain't guidin' no more, but he ran a first class camp, and I'm sure his successor picked his brain plenty. It ain't a free ticket to a big ram, but its more sure fire than stumbling 'round the Cody area with a bear-bait backpack an' a non-local "guide".

http://www.idahomuletrain.com/

Mule
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
WOW,

Could I go freakin' ballistic on this one.....

"We won't be tromping around and blowing the game out of the country, like most outfitters do with their pack strings."

whew.. ok deep breath....

I never implied I was going to judge you.. Just wanted to get to know ya first...

If your friends live in Cody.. they should have a real good idea where to go.. It ain't that difficult in area 2.

but FYI.. Trout creek is to far east!!

IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Buck, I would say we need to start calling you Maytag. You are always able to agitate someone on this site. You were able to do it again , and are to be commended for your efforts. I get the feeling the fellas here are just a wee bit too serious. Maybe, they should spend less time on the puter, and quite possibly more time out doing what they brag about so much!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yaaaawwwnnnnnn.....

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 12344mag, 219DW, 1OntarioJim, 45 invisible), 2,215 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,133
Posts18,483,919
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.