Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Cascadia Concealment IWB. I use one for every gun I carry.

GB1

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I wear the Desantis Cozy Partner with a 3" 1911 and a G27, has been a comforting, comfortable holster for a fat guy, 6', 300#er. As a side note, being a fat guy, your next best friend besides a quality holster and belt, is a good set of suspenders, think of them as a second safety. Keeps all weapons where they need to be, and no crack exposure.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Alien Gear Cloak Tuck.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Comfy IWB? LOL, Isn’t that what they call an oxymoron. I’m not sure they really exist, at least for my body type. That’s after trying a representative sampling from some well thought of leather guys. As someone stated earlier, the best I’ve found are the Remoras. They seem to get incrementally better with each new generation. I’m giving their latest version with the belt clip a trial right now with my G26. One thing I’ve discovered for myself, through trial and error, that anything larger than a baby Glock just doesn’t work IWB for me. YMMV

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Anyone have a recommendation specifically for a Kimber Micro 9? A friend of mine got one and is looking for a IWB setup. ETA that he wants something that sits low on the waist; he is on the slim side.

Last edited by There_Ya_Go; 03/31/21.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by M721
As someone stated earlier, the best I’ve found are the Remoras. They seem to get incrementally better with each new generation. I’m giving their latest version with the belt clip a trial right now with my G26.

I stated that.

The beauty of the standard Remora (I use the ones with the reinforced top) is that since they don't hang on your belt, they don't sag your belt & the belt types that work with them are not as critical as with a holster that hangs on the belt.

I use them up through guns the size & weight of a steel framed Commander & they work extremely well, do not loosen & & stay in place through any normally sane activity.

I've got more than a dozen holsters, including some high end leather, & while they are good, for an everyday, easy on, easy off the Remora's are hugely under rated & they are cheap & one model will fit more than one gun.

I've not tried the newer version with the clip, so I can't comment. But a G-26 is a relatively small gun & is much easier to carry than a G-19, but the Remora carries a G-19 perfectly fine.

MM

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
MM, you laid out the case for the Remoras very well. The reenforced tops made a big difference when they were introduced. I dunno, after spending big bucks on top of the line leather goods, I keep grabbing a Remora when I feel a need for IWB. I’m far from being an expert at this, but the darn things seem to work well.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by M721
MM, you laid out the case for the Remoras very well. The reenforced tops made a big difference when they were introduced. I dunno, after spending big bucks on top of the line leather goods, I keep grabbing a Remora when I feel a need for IWB. I’m far from being an expert at this, but the darn things seem to work well.

+1

I love Kramer leather for OWB but IWB it's hard to beat a Remora. As a matter of fact, I ordered a gen 2 yesterday with a removable clip.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For leather, Milt Sparks is all I need to know.

Why in the world a guy should pay $70 and up for anything made of kydex or leather & kydex is beyond me. It takes little in the way of skill and resources to produce these at as little as a third of the cost or less, and one can easily make designs that are custom fit and less bulky than most of what is marketed.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1234, 10gaugeman, 153, 160user, 10Glocks, 50 invisible), 2,371 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,530
Posts18,472,708
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.