Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Seems easy solution to me, stop selling pork, chicken, coal, grain, canola,lumber, to them like Australia did. When they start starving and their people start attacking the CCP you will get a better bargaining stance. Convince all the G7 to do the same and you will get results. Block all incoming Chinese junk. As for Trudeau's feeble push back which was pathetic in my view. Trudeau needs to grow a pair.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
GB1

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trudeau has allowed the CCP to flourish in Canada under the guise of the United front. This Country is full of People loyal to the CCP, and we now see they ain't all Asian.
I don't know, maybe the two Michaels are spies, or one of them, we know the lady is a spy, for sure.
The lesson learned here should be...don't go to China or any other schitt hole Country and expect the same justice that we have here.
We should of hunted down our enemies and deported them and we wouldn't be in the place we are today.
I do my best to not buy Chinese.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Gee if we hunted down and deported all the commies here in Canada, at least 1/2 the Trudeau government would be gone LOL

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
Gee if we hunted down and deported all the commies here in Canada, at least 1/2 the Trudeau government would be gone LOL

Yep. Be a damn good start

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
More than 1000 Michael's have died of Covid-19 in the past twelve months... countless more from auto collision, heart attack, stroke, cancer... In effect, we put value on human lives every day in many ways... after all we are talking about TWO Michael's...

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
At least those Canadians died in their homeland, not at foreign country after being kidnapped and held without charges for 800+ days in solitary confinement, then run through a kangaroo court that has a 99.9% conviction record. Retaliation to the Chinese daughter of a CCP run Huawai company being arrested on real charges not trumped up. I say starve them out. Quit all pork, chicken exports to that country. Remember when the Chinese banned pork imports from Canada, and they figured we will get our pork from Africa. Within 2 months they realised that pork from these countries is contaminated and full of disease, and returned to Trudeau with briefcases full of money and then Trudeau started again shipping pork. He had a perfect opportunity to bargain a release but no, what does the [bleep] do, start again shipping pork. Why do you ask the CCP return to Canada for pork? The Chinese people saw a dramatic price spike caused by the huge shortage of pork. They were revolting.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I need some help, what are you talking about?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
What is confusing you? I don't think a could rephrase in simpler language.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
378, I looked it look, kidnaped Canadians.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Yes that is correct the 2 Michaels were kidnapped by the CCP Chinese government in retaliation for the arrest of Meng Wanzhou the daughter of a CCP billionaire who is a front man for Huawei. The meat import ban occurred aprox 1 year ago. You didn't see the minister of Agriculter Mrs. Bideau talking on CBC.Do watch international news? Canada sells more pork to China than the USA

Last edited by 378Canuck; 03/20/21.

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I looked it look, kidnaped Canadians.

They were detained by the Chinese government. Because China is a sovereign nation, calling it kidnapping is not correct. It was a diplomatic detention. At this point, it is not a legal question, but rather, a diplomatic one.

I am not a lawyer, but there is little Canada can do other than negotiate for their release. And there is this.

Canada launches 58-nation initiative to stop arbitrary detentions
- David Ljunggren, February 15th 2021

OTTAWA (Reuters) - Canada on Monday launched a 58-nation initiative to stop countries from detaining foreign citizens for diplomatic leverage, a practice that Ottawa and Washington say China and others are using.

Foreign ministers signed a non-binding declaration to denounce what Canadian Foreign Minister Marc Garneau called unacceptable behavior.

Ottawa is locked in a dispute with Beijing, which detained two Canadians in 2018 after Vancouver police picked up a senior Huawei Technologies Co Ltd executive on a U.S. warrant. Canada denounces what it calls “hostage diplomacy” while China insists the two cases are not linked.

Among the signatories is the United States. Last week the State Department called for the release of the two Canadians and rejected China’s “use of coercion as a political tool”.

The Canadian official said the declaration could help put pressure on Beijing.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-canada-diplomacy-detainees-idUSKBN2AF0NV

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
It appears to have the same effect as a kidnaping.
"Held for ransom".

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The Chinese say that they have not detained the two Canadians because we arrested Wanzhou. This is a diplomatic exercise that plays out every year around the globe.

Kidnap isn't the right term because the two Canadians were detained and charged under their state secrets law. And therein lies the rub.

There are several problems. First is a legal one. Did the Canadians take Wanzhou into custody legally? The Chinese allege she wasn't. They say we arrested her because we were asked by the US. The US wants to extradite her for national security breeches. She works for Huawei. The US and the Chinese have to wait until the trial finishes here. She is charged with several frauds.

That takes us to the next point.

Can the Chinese hold the two Canadians? The short answer is yes. They are a sovereign country and the state says the Canadians broke their laws. The Chinese are not under any obligation to explain themselves.

Which leads to the third point - a diplomatic one. Are they using the arrest of the two Canadians to put pressure on Canada and the US to release Wanzhou? It certainly appears to be the case. If she is released, has she got away with spying or related activities?

It's complicated.

If this is the case, allowing them to use diplomatic pressure to affect the release of a Chinese national is wrong, but difficult to stop. As I said at the beginning, this happens all the time around the globe.

The two Canadians are pawns in a diplomatic chess game that's really between the US and China.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Are you going to the 2022 Olympic games in Beijing? Why would you condone the CCP kidnapping of 2 Canadians. The terminology is correct. Seems to me your a commie supporter.

Last edited by 378Canuck; 03/20/21.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
You have problems. Unfortunately, only a medical professional can help you.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
That's the lefty agenda, attack the poster when they have no intelligent rebuttal. We see this nightly on CNN.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Funny, you did it first. laugh You might have reading comprehension problems.

I am serious here. Are you in a home or under care by a relative?

Talk with your friends. They can help you search for Commies and conspiracy theorists.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not all Commie's are Asian, just sayin.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The US should be allowed to sneak in and abduct Wanzhou. Trudeau could publicly whine about it (his forte). We could round up a bunch of Chinese Nationals and trade them for the two Micheals (I'm assuming we want them). The important thing is, once we get rid of them, don't let them come back. None of this will happen though.
Instead, Trudeau will offer to kiss every butt in Bejing. He will promise to give Canadian natural resources to China; rather than selling them. He will then promise to accept imports in perpetuity. He'll then offer to take in any illegal immigrants the US wants to get rid of. This in exchange for US permission to trade Wanzhou for the M's. Once the trade is done, he'll then suck up some more and give Chinese companies preferred status when it comes to government contracts. If he can do more, he will. There has never existed a North American politician for whom I feel such disgust as I do for Justin Trudeau. GD

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673
Not all Commie's are Asian, just sayin.

673;
Good evening to you sir, I trust the week was good to you and you're all well up there.

If it was up to me, I'd gladly trade Prince Sparkle Socks and Hangover Bill for the two Michaels who are being held for ransom by the Chinese communist government.

As I'm sure you've noted now too, the news is full of stories about "Asian racism" now so there's definitely some push back happening in the propaganda arms of the MSM - which might indicate they're worried - or not - I'm not certain.

For sure though personally whenever possible I've stopped purchasing goods made in China, but when it comes to electronics that's a tough thing to do now as even my LG phone is made there, you know?

Honestly there's so much PM Shiny Pony does to make us look weak and stupid to the rest of the world that it's tough to find a starting point of what we should do, but sending a couple of our culls there would at very least make me feel as if it was step in the right direction.

All the best to you this spring regardless - saw our first marmots of the year today so it might be here to stay.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 35, 7x57Hunter, Algotguns, Akhutr, 5 invisible), 1,476 guests, and 928 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,417
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.