Hop To
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 26 27
I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
This is aimed at those who name the name of Christ as important and integral to their life.

If your view of others in relation to your view of Christ and yourself cause you to view non-believers or those of another religion in such a way that you dehumanize them, see them in a lesser way than you view yourself, your view of God and yourself is in need of a catastrophic immediate evaluation.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ironically,those to whom this thread is aimed won't think it's referring to them.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Originally Posted by IZH27
This is aimed at those who name the name of Christ as important and integral to their life.

If your view of others in relation to your view of Christ and yourself cause you to view non-believers or those of another religion in such a way that you dehumanize them, see them in a lesser way than you view yourself, your view of God and yourself is in need of a catastrophic immediate evaluation.

It's gotten thrown away, in our church bulletin two weeks ago, it said one goal of the United Methodist Church is to spread the Gospel.

As far as "Dehumanize", I've heard of believe there is something to the old, catching more flies whir sugar, than vinegar.

We are to love one another. Respecting one, another must be close to that.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Sugar and Vinegar maybe? in some cases. I'd lay it more to the idea that people think that their personal sins are less egregious than the others.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You do a good job with the sugar part wabi,

Now, if we could maybe lessen the vinegar folks a bit.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
This thread should be about Faith in The Lord Jesus Christ, and not about any of us.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yet trashing folks because they believe remains fair game?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gregintenn

Those folks need to go too?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Sauer200
Ironically,those to whom this thread is aimed won't think it's referring to them.

I’m very proud of my humility.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

How did you come to this conclusion? Did you use the Bible or some other "holy" book? Or is this from a philosophy you came up with?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I couldn't care less what religion someone is, or if they have no religion at all (unless that person believes that their religion requires that they kill me or convert me.....then I guess I care). I prefer to judge people on their day to day actions, how they treat others, their position on government, etc...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Watch.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by gregintenn

Criticizing beliefs not sufficiently supported by evidence is fair game, be those beliefs religious or otherwise.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Amen on the OP.

Ironically the monergism that so many here reject as causing the hypocritical tendency laid forth in the OP: it is exactly the opposite.

Not the labors of my hands
Can fulfil thy law's demands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears for ever flow,
All for sin could not atone;
Thou must save, and thou alone.

Nothing in my hand I bring,
Simply to thy cross I cling;
Naked, come to thee for dress,
Helpless, look to thee for grace;
Foul, I to the Fountain fly;
Wash me, Saviour, or I die.

Rock of ages
Cleft for me
Let me hide
Myself in thee

I have nothing in me that lead me to God; mysteriously He called me. That means I am the recipient of grace and only grace; gratitude can only be demonstrated as love for all who have been created in the image of Him who saved me.

Period.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

While your statement is correct, I’ve seen no evidence of that happening on this forum. Could you point out a post or two?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When people use the words of God the Father, or Jesus...or their professed beliefs in God the Father, or Jesus...to hurt people bearing the image of God, Jesus Himself would likely be quick to remind them that they were on the wrong side of God.

Everybody is somebody that God loves. Everybody is somebody for whom Jesus died.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rickshaw
I’m very proud of my humility.
lol

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
This thread should be about Faith in The Lord Jesus Christ, and not about any of us.

Yes, but the atheists on here don't seem to understand that.

I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
With all due respect Wabi this thread should be exactly the subject that I started.

There is the appearance on the site of a lot of Pharisees thumping in their tiny impotent chests telling God and man what Holy people they are. The consideration should be on the publican who stood with his head bow to the ground not daring to look to the heavens while saying God have mercy on me a sinner. That’s what every man Jack of the pious section is. It’s what we all are.

I know some of you guys think you’re holy maybe you can enumerate those particular qualities that you find in yourselves.

Last edited by IZH27; 03/20/21.
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (17CalFan, 1936M71, 12savage, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,515 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,679
Posts18,474,980
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.