Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

...and I found out what happens to rabbits when you have a pet Beagle.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
OK? dead frog?

Aha!

A second picture!

Last edited by Valsdad; 03/21/21.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What was the Beagle shooting with?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yup, beagle's love eating what they chase. Squeal, then a crunch.

Don't fire unless fired upon. But if they want a war let it begin here.

Captain John Parker, commander of the militiamen at Lexington, Massachusetts, on sighting British Troops (attributed), April 19, 1775
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow! A bit quicker than the average beagle.

1Minute
IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I had a beagle that the first thing he would do after catching one is eat the rabbits head. Oftentimes leaving the rest. It’s almost like beagles hate them and are genuinely angry that they exist.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1minute

That was my thought. Most beagles couldn’t catch a clue, though they’d track and bawl at it all damn day. Lol.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It's cool. I've got an outside tomcat that occasionally leaves a dead squirrel at the door. Pets ain't no joke sometimes.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I have a beagle cocker mix and from her early days she liked to chase and kill everything from mice to rabbits to raccoons (they'd kill her, so I usually shoot the coons after she cornered one). First thing she did when we moved to the new house was find and kill a rabbit.

When she was younger, I'd wake up to find a dead rat next to me (no, not my wife) and a proud beagle face waiting for me to thank her. She still has a scar on her nose from one rat that fought back hard...

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Had a yellow tom cat that used to leave them around in the front yard and on the porch for us like they were gifts -- they were uneaten. There was a field nearby chock full of them. Kind of cool but he left so many one week it was kind of work clearing them before they went rank.

IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

...and I found out what happens to rabbits when you have a pet Beagle.

Even Ken's wabbit wifle doesn't do that much damage.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Did he puke it up in the kitchen yet?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by 1minute
It's not the speed, it's the persistance-everything tires after a while and if the rabbit doesn't hole up and the beagle has the endurance he gets caught.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
My uncle has a pedigreed beagle that on two different occasions has caught birds and ate them. Little sucker is quick! I told my uncle that his dog identifies as a cat.

This same dog also loves oranges and strawberries.

Last edited by RJY66; 03/21/21.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Our beagle was a wonderful companion and pet but she was a killing machine when the notion took her. When she was just a pup she was flogged by a rooster. When she grew up, she made it her mission in life to rid the world of chickens. We had two leghorn hens she never touched but every other chicken on the place disappeared, one by one. A muskrat that found the fish pond had a life expectancy of about 30 seconds. Any cat which offended her might as well have jumped off the bridge because she would kill it sooner or later. It was strange that such a sweet, lovable, facade concealed such a killer! GD

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

This is the murderous Beagle from the OP. Daisy is a killing machine. I have seen her catch a mole, and the plays with it for 30 minutes like a cat would. Tosses it up in the air ten feet high and then pounces on it. I went up to try to catch that mutt and kill the poor mole with a stick. I got 5 feet away, and she grabbed the little animal up and ran off 20 feet, and stopped and looked at me as to say " I bet you can't catch me!"

I have seen her kill four or five moles, several squirrels and several rabbits. She is quite scared of snakes though I think she messed with a black snake one time in the woods and got bitten.

About once a year we do get a bear cruising through here, and I have also seen one bobcat, in fact I saw that bobcat in broad daylight right in front of the woodshed.
I don't know what Daisy would do if she saw a bear but she might attack. If so, that is going to be bye-bye, Daisy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I always figured the rear legs were the bestmeat...
Left for you I guess...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
He was doing what he was bred to do. We have a feral cat we feed. He brings us presents

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by greydog
Our beagle was a wonderful companion and pet but she was a killing machine when the notion took her. When she was just a pup she was flogged by a rooster. When she grew up, she made it her mission in life to rid the world of chickens. We had two leghorn hens she never touched but every other chicken on the place disappeared, one by one. A muskrat that found the fish pond had a life expectancy of about 30 seconds. Any cat which offended her might as well have jumped off the bridge because she would kill it sooner or later. It was strange that such a sweet, lovable, facade concealed such a killer! GD

Plus one on this!

I had a beagle when I was a kid, and she was an amazing escape artist when the spirit moved her. The white picket fence was not a major obstacle when she wanted to go hunting.

Unfortunately, her favorite hunting spot was down the road on a farmyard where chickens roamed free.

Fortunately, the farmer knew the dog belonged to us so he didn't shoot it.

My Dad sent a lot of checks to that farmer over the years! Was well worth it, she was a wonderful companion for a young boy like me!

John

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

197 members (1lesfox, 12344mag, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 219DW, 007FJ, 16 invisible), 1,459 guests, and 901 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,871
Posts18,478,705
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.