Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Boomers prolly said the same thing about your low rider.

Ain't hardly anything stupider you can do to a vehicle than make a lowrider out of it.

Well, there's always the nuts hanging from the hitch.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
It may vary by state, but some states limit the amount of tread that is allowed to be uncovered by the fender. The truck may be off road use only.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Seen 3 such rigs this weekend and it drives me nuts. I don't get it, either get a lot taller lift, do something with the fenders, or get tires that fit your damn truck. Only thing that gets me more in the road is the Honda Civic with the 100 db muffler that makes the owner think he's a race car driver.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Do you ever drive in soft sand? If you did you would like those tires.

Yup, Real good for sand.

12344mag;
Good afternoon, I hope the day's been a good one for you and all in your world are well.

Since I've only been on sand one time really and that was in a quad, most of my sand tire experience is watching guys like Matt's Offroad Recovery on youtube.

My question is likely a silly one, but I see guys like Matt still running tall rubber/smaller wheels so they can air down and not wreck the rim. Wouldn't the truck in the photo be less able to do that because of the relatively short sidewall?

Thanks in advance.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Seen 3 such rigs this weekend and it drives me nuts. I don't get it, either get a lot taller lift, do something with the fenders, or get tires that fit your damn truck. Only thing that gets me more in the road is the Honda Civic with the 100 db muffler that makes the owner think he's a race car driver.

Do you ever drive in soft sand? If you did you would like those tires.

I concede that I have no experience in dry sand in a truck to speak of but that makes sense. Where I am, it seems kind of useless, and they'd be better off going taller than wider.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
JakeBlues;
Good afternoon to you sir, hopefully your part of the world is getting spring and all in it are well.

Here not that far north of you in the sometimes sunny Okanagan, we'll usually see purpose built off road rigs with what you've described, that is to say taller and a tad wider than stock, but not as wide as you're showing.

Again, I'm thinking that when they air down they want all the sidewall flex they can get, but since I'm in a 3/4 ton diesel, I don't air down the tires or do so as a last resort to get out of a hole I'm unable to remove myself out of otherwise.

That said, I'm a lot more prone to walk in now then to drive in to sketchy places and "stuck the truck" as it's sort of time consuming to "unstuck the truck" and isn't as fun as it was when I was in my 30's somehow.

All the best to you as we head into spring.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I'll bet that truck has never even been off road. Going for the "cool factor" only.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RS308MX
I'll bet that truck has never even been off road. Going for the "cool factor" only.

Clear your cards, folks; we have a bingo.

Last edited by 5sdad; 03/21/21.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I call those "paint chippers".

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If it will get an 18 yr old pawg in the passenger seat, that’s all that matters.

I would say 17 y.o. But dont want to come off as uncle creepy.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

Its all the boys dressed up for each other! To show the other boys how cool you are. Those would get you a ticket here especially during winter months!

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
dry sand a wide tire, it's not smart to let the air out and run too low, easier to break a bead on the side wall/wheel. wide tire, watch your speed if you think you are getting in trouble slow down, and crawl. if you start to get stuck drop it in low 4 and ease out.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RDW
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Nothing says mexican like that.

Wrong.............

[Linked Image from streettrucksmag.com]

^^That truck is missing all the cheesy chrome accent pieces that can be bought from Vatozone.....

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
A few years ago I bought used in great shape 2012 Dodge 3/4 ton. The owner live in Seattle and had on the wide over sized tires with a lift kit. They were worthless driving long distance on the highway, handling sucked, and really worthless in mud, off road rocks and snow. I took em off and sold them and replaced with factory sized rims and tires.

I can remember getting stuck in snow many times and it wasn't even in deep or in steep areas. I was WTF?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by ribka; 03/21/21.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
I would say 17 y.o. But dont want to come off as uncle creepy.

No chance of that Slum laugh

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mall Crawler. See that schit around here all the time.

Sean
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RDW
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Nothing says mexican like that.

Wrong.............

[Linked Image from streettrucksmag.com]

Whigger special.......piping out the gangsta thump for the entire zip code to enjoy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We're supposed to have covering fenders in this state. Rocks and spray make life interesting for those behind. Wonder how much a 4 chain set costs if he/she/it ever runs in snow?

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SCgman1
Whigger special.......piping out the gangsta thump for the entire zip code to enjoy.

LOL I love that, especially when the license plate rattle is louder than the "music".

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Teenagers live off Daddy's money!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Back in the 80s and 90s, around here lift kits were the chit. BUT if your tires stuck out past the body, you were just asking for a ticket. More than once, I had a state trooper pull me over and put a straight edge on the sidewalls of my tires. How they get away with it now is beyond me.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

132 members (2500HD, 300_savage, 1973cb450, 338reddog, 204guy, 338rcm, 20 invisible), 1,733 guests, and 1,066 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,050
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.