Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Salmonella
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The 65 chevy impala taillights are ugly on that truck.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Pretty dumb. These kids ‘round here buy kits to tap into their exhaust manifolds that will dump used motor oil into the exhaust in order to make the diesel smoke.
Your post reminds me of the guys in the late 50s that would rig a spark plug (or some spark device) near the end of each dual exhaust pipe - stomp the pedal to send through some unburned fuel - and light them off trying to get a bang and a flash. Seemed really dumb at the time.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Originally Posted by Salmonella
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The 65 chevy impala taillights are ugly on that truck.

If you can see them through the tire smoke! Chances are thats all most would see!

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
......................................"YOUTH" either chronological or cranial.

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by RS308MX
I'll bet that truck has never even been off road. Going for the "cool factor" only.

Clear your cards, folks; we have a bingo.

Yup.

Might be interesting when one of those rear bearings slips and the wheel and axle start running in the next lane over.

Are you talking about irreducible complexity?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Goosey
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Seen 3 such rigs this weekend and it drives me nuts. I don't get it, either get a lot taller lift, do something with the fenders, or get tires that fit your damn truck. Only thing that gets me more in the road is the Honda Civic with the 100 db muffler that makes the owner think he's a race car driver.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

A Honda Civic is a fast car. It puts all old loud American muscle cars people love to shame. And most of the modern ones too.

[Linked Image from hips.hearstapps.com]

lmao...

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I bet the dent and paint chip repair shop likes it too.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Heym06
Originally Posted by Goosey
Seen 3 such rigs this weekend and it drives me nuts. I don't get it, either get a lot taller lift, do something with the fenders, or get tires that fit your damn truck. Only thing that gets me more in the road is the Honda Civic with the 100 db muffler that makes the owner think he's a race car driver.

A Honda Civic is a fast car. It puts all old loud American muscle cars people love to shame. And most of the modern ones too.

[Linked Image from hips.hearstapps.com]

That ain't no regular honda it's a race car! Dummy

Yes, Goosey is a legend in his own mind.

No, that's not a race car. Full interior, no roll cage. Likely a video from someone lapping the Nurburgring in Civic R, but I'm not going to go searching for it. And it's not like the driver is going particularly fast on the race track. Those are kph, not mph.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
I bet the dent and paint chip repair shop likes it too.

LMAO! geico, allfu-k and progressve hates em because of al the chipped windshields they have to buy! only a matter of time before that fuggin cancellation notice appears in email or mailbox! ; ]

i bet even that sackwash 'The General" gets pissed and is writing up lowyer lingo be excluded!

Trump Won!
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Anyone bitch about dual eight-inch exhaust stacks, on a damned pickup yet? So silly.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

The tires are wide, but it looks like it has wheel extensions.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I used them in swamps for flotation in the mud. I think a narrower tire works better in snow and ice.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
I think a narrower tire works better in snow and ice.

No think about it, they do. smile

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
I think a narrower tire works better in snow and ice.

No think about it, they do. smile

Was on a journey, trying to retrieve a travel trailer abandoned at elk camp, where we had the opposite experience. The narrow-tired rig struggled as the wide-tired rig ran circles around it. So, I gotta give it a not always and depends....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

I'm ok with the tires. It's talking to me. The vehicle owner has done many mods to the suspension. I was at a camp this year and a guy had a double dark blue two tone with a built 460 in it. The wide tires are frosting on a beautiful cake.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter
dry sand a wide tire, it's not smart to let the air out and run too low, easier to break a bead on the side wall/wheel. wide tire, watch your speed if you think you are getting in trouble slow down, and crawl. if you start to get stuck drop it in low 4 and ease out.

that's the way I do it on Florida's sandy beaches. That advice works well in the Ocala NF also, where many of the roads are deep sugar sand. My old 4Runner has tiny 235/15 tires, and I never get stuck.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Boomers....

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by MM879

I'm ok with the tires. It's talking to me. The vehicle owner has done many mods to the suspension. I was at a camp this year and a guy had a double dark blue two tone with a built 460 in it. The wide tires are frosting on a beautiful cake.

Yeah I don’t dig the wide flats but it’s a good looking dent side. 78-79 are my favorite old Ford years. I was thinking I sure hope he replaced or rebuilt with some good parts the likely 351M or 400 2bbl lunger it came with. Of course it could have shipped with the mighty 300 straight 6 banger. None of the above ever making more than about 150hp in stock form. Of course I still occasionally hear stories about old so and so’s 70 something Ford/Dodge/Chevy that had the 390/440/454 insert old wheezy carbed plant here, and how it’d pull or run and I have to smile. The rose colored glasses of time have made some serious hot rods out of those old rigs.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by TheKid
Originally Posted by MM879

Yeah I don’t dig the wide flats but it’s a good looking dent side. 78-79 are my favorite old Ford years. I was thinking I sure hope he replaced or rebuilt with some good parts the likely 351M or 400 2bbl lunger it came with. Of course it could have shipped with the mighty 300 straight 6 banger. None of the above ever making more than about 150hp in stock form. Of course I still occasionally hear stories about old so and so’s 70 something Ford/Dodge/Chevy that had the 390/440/454 insert old wheezy carbed plant here, and how it’d pull or run and I have to smile. The rose colored glasses of time have made some serious hot rods out of those old rigs.

I would imagine that the owner really suffers pulling his 65 restored Corvet behind that old truck. He probably is packing a 4 1/2 Colt Python on his hip also.

Last edited by MM879; 03/22/21.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Last time that I checked, in Texas, all the vehicle tires must be covered by fenders. Mostly for the protection of other drivers , maybe. If those funny rigs are run only off road, who cares? Otherwise, they are a public nuisance and danger on paved public roads.

CRS, NRA Benefactor Life Member, Whittington Center, TSRA, DWWC, DRSS
Android Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 222ND, 219 Wasp, 1eyedmule, 51 invisible), 2,515 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,573
Posts18,473,304
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.