Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by MarkWV
That dirty Larry, sold me a set of .308 dies today for $38.99.....funny how Sportsman’s Warehouse is trying to out due him at $39.99 when they had them in stock.....6 months ago.

That's what I'm talkin about. Darn dollar here, a dollar there, and eventually, it's like two dollars over there!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by lastround
I’ve never had a problem with Midway.

Same here. Between my old man and me we have been ordering from them for probably 30+ years now and have never had an issue. Sure his ammo prices are high right now but who’s the hell aren’t?

Last edited by Motown; 03/17/21.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Well, now. Larry says he appreciates your business....

And, he smiles when he says it.

Now you know why he's smiling...

DF

And that's the way it is.

Smiling all the way to the bank.

DF

Don’t you just hate it when a firearms type of business is successful. The alternative I’d midway, and other like him go out of business.

NRA Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have bought a bunch of stuff online here lately. Since January I’ve probably placed a total of 35-40 orders from Midway, Graf’s, Midsouth, Blue Collar, Powder Valley and a couple of other retailers. Midway’s shipping prices are right inline with current shipping rates. They do offer free shipping at times. They are a lot faster at getting things shipped than most of the same type stores these days. Grafs took a month to the day to get my stuff when I placed an order early last month. Midsouth is taking a week or so to ship and Powder Valley is a little quicker. Still not as fast as Midway.

The birthday discount was a little disappointing this year but I did get some discounts on a couple of things. No discounts on loading supplies or ammo which wasn’t surprising.

Midway has always been a little higher on some items than other places. I shop around and compare prices before I buy. If they are out of line I just don’t buy the item from them. It’s also hard to compare pricing right now when other vendors never have stock on certain items. What’s their pricing going to be once they do have stock? I also don’t know if Midway is paying more these days for certain items that no one else has.

Bottom line is, if you don’t like the great service Midway gives and their prices you can always shop somewhere else. The service they give cost them more money due to having to have more employees to give that service. I understand that does reflect pricing on items. I don’t mind that and I understand how it works. I will continue to shop a Midway and only buy things that I feel are worth their asking price. I will also continue to buy from other retailers as well.

You ain't about that life.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll pretty much buy from whoever has what I want at a price I can live with.....Done deal, ship it!

Ed
IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
It’s going nowhere but worse as the government want its share of taxes and starts to mandate receipt of taxes on mail order businesses. Get it while you can, it has just started to get expensive.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Our local Academy Stores have been getting more and more ammo in lately. Some of it makes it several days past delivery. Prices are very close to what the were pre-it's okay to gouge days.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Our local Academy Stores have been getting more and more ammo in lately. Some of it makes it several days past delivery. Prices are very close to what the were pre-it's okay to gouge days.

"Pre-its ok to gouge days"...??

JFC.... Are you a perpetual daily victim of many things or does it only apply to what you post about here? Your constant whining about how you've once again been screwed by someone is like a broken record...

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BayouRover

JFC.... Are you a perpetual daily victim of many things or does it only apply to what you post about here? Your constant whining about how you've once again been screwed by someone is like a broken record...

I didn't notice any whining until you replied.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus

laugh Are you Paulie's divorce lawyer?

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

He has a crush on me or something. He sure seems to show up in a lot of threads right after I do.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

He has a crush on me or something. He sure seems to show up in a lot of threads right after I do.

He has a crush on me or something. He sure seems to show up in a lot of hreads right after I do.

I show up regularly just to watch you perform and to smile at your special brand of firearm goofiness mixed in with a divorce lawyer or two. It's classic "I'm special" narcisism.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Two semi-local farm and ranch type stores, one had some 17hmr. That's it. But, I gots eight new AR15 stripped lowers. THANKS .GOV 😁

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Thanks Larry for price gouging ammo like the rest.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by asheepdog
I think Larry is always a little higher in his prices that alot of other dealers and that was before this covid crisis.

ot as bad as now though!

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Ordered a couple boxes of Barnes 62 gr TTSX today. I like them in my AR’s

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Thanks Federal, Hornaday, Winchester, Remington, CCI.....for putting out less driving the prices thru the roof.

OPEC strategy here. Never let a good crisis go to waste.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Was in a LGS today and spoke to the owner as he was putting 300 BO on the shelf. His comment was he had to pay what he sold it for earlier. It was 56.00 for 1 box only as of today. So some of the price gouging may be coming from the distributors not the local gun store. Just a WAG on my part.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Good retailers and those who improve the industry should get the prices... better than some jackwagon buyinng it all off the shelves and jacking the prices up to rip off his neighbors. At least those who add value to the supply chain get the money.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
OMFG the tears of Capitalism...

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1936M71, 60 invisible), 2,499 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,195
Posts18,485,082
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.