Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
I am not a backpack hunter in the sense that this sub-forum is dedicated to, but I know this group of members is more focused on technical equipment, clothing and brands than other sub-forums which is why I am posting this here.

I have several pieces of First Lite's clothing and have been very pleased with them. One piece was their Kanab 2.0 pants. Unfortunately, after several years of ownership, these finally developed a tear just right of the fly (pretty tough spot for a repair) during this past hunting season. My wife was hopeful that she could repair them if she could get a piece of material to patch with. So I reached out to First Lite via email to see what they could do. I was not expecting much though, given that these pants had been discontinued for a while. But who knows, maybe they had some material on hand that would work.

Fran Magee (Customer Service Representative) responded and was very nice to deal with. Without much back and forth, she asked for my mailing address and assured me a piece of material was going in the mail the next day. I knew it would be a few days and left it at that. That was back in mid-February and I just realized a few days ago that nothing ever showed up. Responding to the same email, I asked if this went out and if she had a tracking number since I never saw anything. She said it was indeed mailed but had no idea what happened and then said she was putting another one in the mail. That piece did show up at the house yesterday. I was expecting one, maybe two 3"x3" or 4"x4" squares...what I got in the mail was a square foot of material. Now I just have to get this on the wife's "To-Do" list which may be the biggest challenge yet.

Not exactly earth shattering or a big ticket item, but it was nice to see the company respond and take care of such a minor issue in such a positive way. Being as how these pants have been discontinued for a bit, they very easily could have said "sorry, those are discontinued, but feel free to buy a pair of our current product line." It pleased me that this wasn't the tact they chose and just wanted to share with the group.

GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Thanks for sharing that. Good to know there are real people on the other end of the line.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I wrote and asked them questions and never heard from them. I have 4 pieces of their clothing. Kuiu answers every question the same day or the next at the latest so I pretty much have converted to them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My son had a zipper break on a pair of First Lite pants. He took some pictures and e-mailed the company. First Lite exchanged the pants with a new pair within the week. Seemed like fair service.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i worte the copany off as soon as Rinella bought it.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Why?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got rid of all my FL stuff after I figured out it isn’t very durable.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
The FL gear I have is excellent and have a ridiculously wide comfortable temp range and are very light.

Their zippers do suck though and their pine/green color seems to get stained super easily with grease - like it’s a magnet for grease stains. They’re not very thorn resistant either.

Last edited by alukban; 05/02/21.
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
I ripped the schidt out of a brand new Uncompargerambhbvffa jacket trying to put my hands into the pockets with a pack on. They replaced it without any drama.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have a far amount of their product. It’s good fair gear if bought on sale. A season or two of hard hunting and it will need replacement.

IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I tried to order an Uncomphagre Puffy in ASAT. they had none available and sent out another color, kinda a coffee colored brown. I never opened the little bag it came in. Whatever was in there didn/t have enough insulation in it to keep a bird warm. Sent it back. Designer outfits to be warn around town or trips to Cabela/s for weddings.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Plumdog
I tried to order an Uncomphagre Puffy in ASAT. they had none available and sent out another color, kinda a coffee colored brown. I never opened the little bag it came in. Whatever was in there didn/t have enough insulation in it to keep a bird warm. Sent it back. Designer outfits to be warn around town or trips to Cabela/s for weddings.

Based on your experience of not wearing it?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a few pieces of FL and like it. Never needed to contact customer service for a return, but a few years back, before I owned any FL, I called to ask questions and was impressed with people I talked with.

They knew the product and it was like having a casual conversation. Not like calling some places where the person on the other end reads the product description to you and you can tell they have no idea what they sell.

Last edited by Lonny; 05/03/21.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Plumdog,

You really don't know anything. The "Puffy" is a very warm coat. Its insulation puffs right back after the jacket is unpacked. With a hoody underneath and Puffy for outside I have pretty much handled some pretty tough Co conditions.

Of course living in Florida you would know what cold is......

Lefty

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Plumdog

You should have tried it. The Uncompaghre is very warm. Best puffy I've owned in fact.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I like the Uncomphagre so much that I have 3 of them smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Uncomphagre vest is a vital part of my layering system.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by leftycarbon
Plumdog,

You really don't know anything. The "Puffy" is a very warm coat. Its insulation puffs right back after the jacket is unpacked. With a hoody underneath and Puffy for outside I have pretty much handled some pretty tough Co conditions.

Of course living in Florida you would know what cold is......

Lefty

Hey Lefty, I lived in Colorado From 1965 to 2020 and hunted elk every one of those years. Got cold a couple times too.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have a pair of insulated pants I can zip over others when I am sitting/glassing and a jacket. I have been very happy with them for late season use in MT.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by timl
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Why?

+1

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 80 invisible), 2,678 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,477
Posts18,471,593
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.