Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mathman
From the article:

Witnesses said the alleged attacker kept yelling that he was going to kill someone. He first went after a man in his 30s who ran away from him, authorities said.

If all was right with the world the man would have drawn a handgun and killed the perp on the spot. Then he would receive a public service Medal of Thanks from the mayor.

Amen!

But nowadays that same man would’ve probably been charged with a “Hate Crime” !

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Hating evil is acceptable.
Doesn't matter what kind of person chooses to be a vessel.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Maybe he watched the Wyatt Earp - pool ball scene? Good for him! Maybe he’ll get a medal.

Fleeing a knife-wielding psycho is smart if unarmed. Too bad he wasn’t packing and shot him out of his Nike’s,,

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got a [bleep] arm. Never played little league. That's why I don't carry rocks. Lol.

God Speed to the woman and her family.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why get out of the car to throw a rock? Run over the S.O.B. 2 tons of metal and plastic trumps a knife most every time.

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Because in this world some phukhead would cry excessive force.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Another Darned Norwegian.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Too bad he survived the blow.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Nice throw, meat.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Brazos
Why get out of the car to throw a rock? Run over the S.O.B. 2 tons of metal and plastic trumps a knife most every time.

Or he could just hire an Uber driver to do it for him.

https://leakedreality.com/video/5302/uber-driver-runs-over-phone-thief

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
At least someone stopped to help. I know it’s Californification, where it’s hard to get a Carry Permit, but damn I just can’t imagine going anywhere nowadays without a gun.

It's not as hard as you think. Thankfully California leaves it up to the counties to issue. In Southern California, L.A. and Santa Barbara counties are about impossible to get a permit but the sheriff of L.A. County is starting to come around.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Glad I live in a reasonably safe area. Keep a 1911 in the truck console because why not, but have never felt in danger anywhere except a few times in the mountains when I crossed some white tweakers on my dirt bike. Glock 17 in the tank bag so not really concerned then, more or less just thinking “damn, I might have to shoot this white trash”.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
That place is about a 1/2 mile from where I used to live. It is a very quiet, low, low crime neighborhood. That poor woman should have run instead of trying to save her dog.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
At least someone stopped to help. I know it’s Californification, where it’s hard to get a Carry Permit, but damn I just can’t imagine going anywhere nowadays without a gun.
My wife and I did a road trip in Northern California and the Cascades in Oregon. Landed in SF and rented a car. We walked around San Francisco and even hiked a mile from the hotel to the Alcatraz ferry. I kept a concealed Model 66 on me at all times. Saw very few Blacks, lots of Asians, and a bunch of loony whites. There were people in tents on the sidewalk, nut cases out in the traffic preaching and screeching. We went up into rural California and rural Oregon and all we saw were decent white folks

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That gun cotton video was interesting. Are there actual loads developed for gun cotton? An approximate equivalent?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Too bad dog wasn't more protective and didn't pounce when the guy grabbed the leash.

Many on the Fire are reflexively opposed to owning any dog that would be physically and temperamentally capable of repelling an attacker such as this one. I know my protection trained Doberman, of late 1980s through about the year 2000, would have been. He demonstrated his eagerness to engage those he thought were a threat. He'd have been all over that guy. But many here condemn the ownership of such dogs on the basis of their being unsafe, as they may attack the wrong person under the wrong assumption that they are defending their owner. I'd give just about anything to have him back in his prime. He was a great dog all around.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

625 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 1936M71, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 66 invisible), 3,141 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,381
Posts18,469,554
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.