OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A lot of this should have been resolved in the Knowles administration if he had his crap together.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It'll get tied up in the courts for a long time.

Parks department claiming they've not written a citation for two years but they still harass people every chance they get.
Katmai Park guys will light you up everytime they see you on the water.

Coast Guard isn't going to give up working the rivers for the salmon season without a fight either.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by VernAK
A lot of this should have been resolved in the Knowles administration if he had his crap together.

I am sure Tony thinks he cleared this up... what a bunch of losers we have been saddled with for Govs!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JeffA
It'll get tied up in the courts for a long time.

Parks department claiming they've not written a citation for two years but they still harass people every chance they get.
Katmai Park guys will light you up everytime they see you on the water.

Coast Guard isn't going to give up working the rivers for the salmon season without a fight either.

I doubt it will get tied up by courts after the SCOTUS ruling. And relying in good faith on a court decision cannot be reverted to a crime.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Sick and tired of dealing with 5 different agencies and their interpretation of the law when I go boating. Watched a news blurb about this and the State said they would have a online map of all Navigatable waters in the State of AK. 4 or more law agencies regulating the Kenai now with different rules and attitudes!

kk alaska

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kk alaska
Sick and tired of dealing with 5 different agencies and their interpretation of the law when I go boating. Watched a news blurb about this and the State said they would have a online map of all Navigatable waters in the State of AK. 4 or more law agencies regulating the Kenai now with different rules and attitudes!

I was surprised to see the State definition of "Navigable Waters" with a 1,000# load requirement. The old joke about Federal Definitions of navigable waters asked how much water does it take and the Platonian answer was "How much water does it take to float a Supreme Court decision?"

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Well my Solar 470 Inflatable Jet boat has load capacity 1800# in under 4" of water. So by that definition, this is navigable water.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFK0tjajJxU/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-Vqk5bD2d9/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Last edited by kk alaska; 03/28/21.

kk alaska

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

I am sure Tony thinks he cleared this up... what a bunch of losers we have been saddled with for Govs!

I sure have to agree with your comment Art!
Several of us were recently talking about our various Govs and what a bunch of losers we've had.
Wally did some OK stuff on first try and I liked Jay as he warned back then about the growing bureaucracies and spending.
Alaska has it's own deep state issues.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

he was busy naming roads after himself....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (907brass, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 10 invisible), 1,480 guests, and 853 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.