-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Beautiful sunny days here this week with a cold wind blowing off the snow covered mountains. Makes you sit up and take notice in the morning but by afternoon it's perfect working weather. Beats the hell out of the 100+ degrees all summer.

Prepped a site for a bridge crossing yesterday. Owners going to drop a 40' railcar bed on there for his workers to drive over between fields. Today am trenching for a 6" irrigation mainline that goes under the new bridge. Interesting work anyway.

Reconnected in 2020 deer season with a buddy I hunted with in high school. He wants to hunt together this year so we're checking out a wilderness area near here that burned off about 20 years ago for an elk hunt. We've already committed to deer and bear again. We've enjoyed time together after 35 years apart.

If we try even a little there's so much we can be thankful for. Enjoy life while you can, you don't know when it will all change and then it will be too late.

LOL
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Enjoy life while you can, you don't know when it will all change and then it will be too late.

I.E. that annoying f'n ad in the upper right hand corner of the screen that puked itself onto our computers recently.

LOL
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Good morning Roy, and all!

Sunny, crisp in Iowa this morning.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Every day on this side of the ground is a win.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Flave's back?!?!?

FJB & FJT
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Raeford
Flave's back?!?!?

Spread the Good News brother!

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Flave's back?!?!?

Spread the Good News brother!

Nothing livens up a party like a good titty twister!

FJB & FJT
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
yeah...but it's Oregon...

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Beautiful sunny days here this week with a cold wind blowing off the snow covered mountains. Makes you sit up and take notice in the morning but by afternoon it's perfect working weather. Beats the hell out of the 100+ degrees all summer.

Prepped a site for a bridge crossing yesterday. Owners going to drop a 40' railcar bed on there for his workers to drive over between fields. Today am trenching for a 6" irrigation mainline that goes under the new bridge. Interesting work anyway.

Reconnected in 2020 deer season with a buddy I hunted with in high school. He wants to hunt together this year so we're checking out a wilderness area near here that burned off about 20 years ago for an elk hunt. We've already committed to deer and bear again. We've enjoyed time together after 35 years apart.

If we try even a little there's so much we can be thankful for. Enjoy life while you can, you don't know when it will all change and then it will be too late.

I would like to see pictures of your finished railcar project. I have a bridging dilemna back home. I was considering a Josey Wales type rope ferry, but not sure what to do yet.

"Their minds are dead" - Carmine Ricca
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
All I can tell you is it's a $2500 flat something 40' long. I haven't been involved beyond that.

LOL
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
"Reconnected in 2020 deer season with a buddy I hunted with in high school. He wants to hunt together this year so we're checking out a wilderness area near here that burned off about 20 years ago for an elk hunt. We've already committed to deer and bear again. We've enjoyed time together after 35 years apart. "

My closest childhood friend and I hooked up 10 or so years ago after only seeing each other once over 20+ years after he moved away in HS.
We talk weekly pretty much and deer and turkey hunt every year now.
Some times things really don't change over time. It was like we never parted ways.
Enjoy!

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
"Reconnected in 2020 deer season with a buddy I hunted with in high school. He wants to hunt together this year so we're checking out a wilderness area near here that burned off about 20 years ago for an elk hunt. We've already committed to deer and bear again. We've enjoyed time together after 35 years apart. "

My closest childhood friend and I hooked up 10 or so years ago after only seeing each other once over 20+ years after he moved away in HS.
We talk weekly pretty much and deer and turkey hunt every year now.
Some times things really don't change over time. It was like we never parted ways.
Enjoy!

It's interesting that all the connections with hunting partners later in life aren't the same as those early bonds formed while new to the sport.

LOL
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
[video:youtube]https://i.imgur.com/DgUsJmX.jpg[/video]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Roy, Good for you ,glad your weather is agreeing with your job. Around here we use those railcars for temporary log truck bridges,when your on them you cant see the bridge out of your side windows .It is a good thing they have about a 8" high sides on them. Don grin grin

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Keep in mind that Oregon is a beautiful place.

The fact that it’s been hijacked by lefties and crazies doesn’t change the beauty.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Keep in mind that Oregon is a beautiful place.
The fact that it’s been hijacked by lefties and crazies doesn’t change the beauty.
The same can be said for Colorado.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Is this another “it’s windy in Minnesota” thread?

laugh

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

692 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 73 invisible), 3,271 guests, and 1,412 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,481
Posts18,471,797
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.